"Be fair USAIR" signs

sabre

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
since the IAM, Company, and media are trying to manufacture consent [alas, Chomsky was right], there should be hundreds of mechanics legally picketing with "Be fair US air" signs at the courthouse on the 10th.
Not that anyone agrees or disagrees with the mechanics, if they have convictions about the contract like they displayed in the vote then they must be present in numbers at the courthouse to show the nation what is going on and to stand for their belief. If they don''t show up, you can''t expect the IAM to speak for them, after all, the IAM''s Tiberi is almost always apologetic to the company in his statements.
I for one admire their stance.

Sabre-- I know we would like to forget about them but the stakeholders who got stiffed might want to carry a sign. I personally would like to forget about them but BK is supposed to be all about them and how to reorganize their debt. I think employees and retired employees are far down the list from what i hear.

----------------
On 8/31/2002 12:21:27 PM

I'll bet you could get passengers to carry those... there's a nice natural tie-in to the fare rule change debacle.
----------------
Especially since it looks like it'll stick, since other airlines are instituting similar rules...[:praise:]

----------------
On 8/31/2002 12:46:51 PM

Especially since it looks like it'll stick, since other airlines are instituting similar rules...[:praise:]
----------------

What other airlines? AA allows standby for a fee now, and no other airline has matched the fact that the only way one has a chance of getting elite is through buying Y, B, M fares. Only thing totally matched is that the ticket is invalid on AA after departure if not canceled beforehand now, and that is just one airline so far. Not even UA matched you guys on the standby rule.