Letter To The Membership

I have always believed that a choice is always the best way to approach a situation. The way it is right now the seniority issue is not a question. The IAM and IBT will both use the Date Of Hire as the seniority list integration. US/IAM members now should start thinking about there contract they have with the IAM. You will have that contract until 2009. The company is not obligated to negogiate a change or new contract until 2009.

I choose to have a choice. I will sign a card and I will vote.

:)

It is the old contract with modifications by the final offer term sheet.

Modifications? How can anyone know unless it is put out? There are rumors all over the place - modification or GUTTING? The members have a right to the contract -

Every member got the contract before and every member was given a packet before voting every single grievance committee or representatives distributed them at the workplace.

The company is responsible for printing the modified agreement and has not yet.

If you fill out your cards and insist on a representation election you will have the best possible chance to enhance your pay and working conditions IMO.

You would then have a "Winner Take All" contest for YOUR dues revenue. The IBT & IAM would have to COMPETE for your votes and that will make them BOTH sharpen their skills. For once the rank & file will be in the drivers seat not the other way around.

But Bob, isn't there also a "chance" that there could be NO union on the property after an NMB vote...?

So why risk this possibility by rolling the dice..?

Just ask any Fleet Service Agent what does happen after you lose union representation

Hey man just the facts.

The teamsters have been on the AWA property for a decade. Why havn't they brought any work back in house?

A fair amount of AWA mechanics are paid about $16 bucks top out in their hangar, I believe they are called interior crew or some such thing-------so you don't think that it would be a pay raise to go to 25 smackeroos under the IAM contract?

You say the company won't approve of bringing the work in house. Wake up and repeat the word contract. the IAM being the surviving union by law will have it's contract imposed and the work will come in house.

Hey man just the facts.

The teamsters have been on the AWA property for a decade. Why havn't they brought any work back in house?

A fair amount of AWA mechanics are paid about $16 bucks top out in their hangar, I believe they are called interior crew or some such thing-------so you don't think that it would be a pay raise to go to 25 smackeroos under the IAM contract?

You say the company won't approve of bringing the work in house. Wake up and repeat the word contract. the IAM being the surviving union by law will have it's contract imposed and the work will come in house.
hey dude wha you got in dee mouth man a spleef??

Hey man just the facts.

DUDE The Tech's You Are Referancing are NOT A & P Mechanic's They Are woking as Interior MX Gaining the Knowledge and Expeirence to Get There License,Very Good Program.

DUDE The Tech's You Are Referancing are NOT A & P Mechanic's They Are woking as Interior MX Gaining the Knowledge and Expeirence to Get There License,Very Good Program.
cool,i want a seat shop/wall panel smack doing my engine.....
so good in fact U made contract changes to limit non trained from getting their licenses this way...
you end up with a poor product as far as knowlege and training go plus a potential legal liability..

Hey man just the facts.

per the IAM the interior crew would be out the door they do not have non licenced mechanics. so I don't think that would be a pay raise!

cool,i want a seat shop/wall panel smack doing my engine.....
so good in fact U made contract changes to limit non trained from getting their licenses this way...
you end up with a poor product as far as knowlege and training go plus a potential legal liability..

tha last time I checked working on seats is not the same as engines.

Teamsters have not been on property for a decade either - and as far as the work since the Teamsters came in we have gotten the back shops up and running again and Letter checks have been on a steady increase - although the company does tend to shift them around the system depending on the flight schedule.

The interior shop is a training ground for just out of school A&P's to make a living and get thier foot in the door and some experience before moving into a A&P position. This is a good program because during the time in Interiors they are allowed to get OJT for thier future positions and the IBT contract provides the company looks to thier ranks before hiring outside of the company.