BOB Blankets and Pillows start 2/16

They’re not selling them for $7, they’re renting them. If you want to take them with you it's $20.

US Airways to charge $7 for pillow-blanket set

The Business Journal of Milwaukee
Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 3:33pm CST

US Airways Group Inc. will start charging coach passengers for pillows and blankets, but will allow travelers to keep them after the flight.

The Tempe, Ariz.-based airline said Wednesday it will sell pillow and blanket sets for $7 each starting Feb. 16. Or, for $20 passengers will be able to take the items with them after their flight.

Linkage

They’re not selling them for $7, they’re renting them. If you want to take them with you its $20.

Linkage

The Milwaukee Business Journal? :lol: Are the FA's supposed to go and rip the earplugs outta the pax ears upon landing? Accurate journalism at its best...

$7 and the kits are yours to take home. :rolleyes: Also, the kit comes with a $10 off coupon for the Skymall Catalog.

Shocking! How could anyone think that it would be $20 to take home!?
Exactly! Doesn't make much sense when you already paid $7 for it. Thank goodnis we figured that out on our own, and we are so smart that we know not to believe everything we read!

Actually, the article says it’s either/or. Just think of all the people on teh interwebz that are thinking this is another case of US sucking.
You're probably right. Also, those 300 kettles that fly for business that know little more than your average "kettle" (to quote another neighboring thread). It'll be hell out there when those receipts for the pillows start rolling into the corporate travel departments! :lol:

Suppose I waste $7 on one of these kits....

My laptop bag (i.e. personal carry on item) and roller bag (standard carry-on luggage) travel with me. Always. Will this kit count as a THIRD carry on item and, therefore, require me to check one of my other bags??

Suppose I waste $7 on one of these kits....

My laptop bag (i.e. personal carry on item) and roller bag (standard carry-on luggage) travel with me. Always. Will this kit count as a THIRD carry on item and, therefore, require me to check one of my other bags??
Yes. It is a hidden scam to get you to check your larger (third) bag.

US' plan is foiled again!

I returned from a trip yesterday, and watched from the back galley as a gentleman sneezed, three times, into one of the pillows, which he then slept on, and I am sure the pillow ultimately ended up back in the overhead for the continuing flight to Chicago.

I'd gladly pay the $7.

As a flight attendant, I am so looking forward to the end of the everending folding and handing those used/dirty/DNA stained/slobbered hair coated blankets!

I no longer will have to bend down and pick up the pillows that passengers put their dirty shoes on after they walked onto the wet floor in the lavatory. Yes, sir here is your complimentary pillow that the case hasnt been changed the last 5legs...or the pillow that is missing the pillowcase due to Oprah's advice to remove the case since it is dirty...Oprah dont mention to the countless thousands who have used that pillow prior that never gets washed...at least the case protected you from the last passengers drool. Here is your FREE pillow that the last passenger flagelated on and smells of their bean burrito they purchased at the Blue Burrito in the terminal.

I think for $7, your getting a great deal: 32x64 fleece blanket, inflatable pillow, eye mask, ear plugs and a $10 Skymall giftcertificate.

Afterall, the $7 investment is a savings to the numerous dollars spent at the doctors office or pharmacy to cure the headlice you obtained on a flight, or the pink eye you got from snuggling up to that FREE pillow...or the antibiotic cream for the skinrash you encountered.

THank you! Thank you! For making my life a little bit easier by offering a clean, sanitary pillow that you can purchase while your flying...we take cash, credit and even travelers check! :up:

I am glad we are selling pillows and blankets. The ones on the airplane for free have tons of germs and bodily fluids. I hate touching them! Gross! The new set looks really nice.