BOB Blankets and Pillows start 2/16

If your the thrifty type employees can buy these kits for $6 instead of $7 at the company store. Wow oh really can I save a buck?! Dont everyone rush to get in line, what a perk :blink:

If your the thrifty type employees can buy these kits for $6 instead of $7 at the company store.
LOL - did you get the email also. I got two - one about the kits and another about a new heritage timeline poster, at least according to the subject line. Both had the same offer of a $1 discount on the pillow/blanket kit.

Jim

Ok help me out here. The email just goes out about the pillow/blanket sales. Ummmm has anyone else looked at the provisioning chart? Who makes this up? An airbus 319 and 320 will be provisioned with 48 yes 48 to sell while the 321 (which holds more people) will be provisioned to 28? Lets look further..... The west 757's will be provisioned with 48 while the east 757's will be provisioned with 28. I'm STILL scratching my head. Is it any wonder why employees look at management as if they are HR Puffin stuff and HQ is Lidville? OH my....simply OH MY. Professionals abound. :lol:

It will be interesting to see if there will be a demand for this product once the current FREE Pillow/Blankets will be removed.

The provisioning will be done in PHL LAS DCA CLT and PHX only. So those pack outs of 28 on a 321 will be for round trip. You run out going, you have none to sell on the return, and possibility of the return being a red eye flight. So for example. You have 48 pillow nap sacks provisioned in PHX the plane goes to a Hawaiian island, you sell 30 going, you now have 18 available for the return flight (red eye) home to PHX.

I dont know why they just dont have a vending machine in the boarding areas at the airport where passengers can buy them if they want, or have them available by the gate agents.

I also do not think any testing of this product on an actual aircraft has been conducted.

Jet

Again, I just can't seem to grasp their provisioning chart. Smaller aircraft with more pillow/blanket bundles than larger aircraft. West and East 757's which hold a few seats more than the other are provisioned with a 20 bundle difference. I'm sorry but it's bad enough you have to peddle that crap but to have it provisioned the way they plan? STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! ! ! :rolleyes: But not that unexpected. :lol:

Again, I just can't seem to grasp their provisioning chart. Smaller aircraft with more pillow/blanket bundles than larger aircraft. West and East 757's which hold a few seats more than the other are provisioned with a 20 bundle difference. I'm sorry but it's bad enough you have to peddle that crap but to have it provisioned the way they plan? STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! ! ! :rolleyes: But not that unexpected. :lol:

My guess (and it's just a guess) for the differences between 757 provisioning is space. The East 757 etops and the 757 west all have 48. I know the east 757 etops had that extra galley added last year, so that's probably where they stick the cart of 48 napsacks. I am assuming, then, that the west 757s have extra space as well? The domestic east 757s don't have that galley, thus they can't provision a whole cart?

Notice also, if it is a duty free Caribbean flight, the 48 provisioning disappears on the 757 etops, and they store them in atlas drawers, probably making room for a duty free cart in the aft galley.

My guess? Space is an issue.

What would be the reasoning for the provision of 48 for the Airbus 319 and 320 but 28 on the 321? That makes absolutely NO sense. The galley space on the airbus 319/320/321 are the same as for east a/c.

What would be the reasoning for the provision of 48 for the Airbus 319 and 320 but 28 on the 321? That makes absolutely NO sense. The galley space on the airbus 319/320/321 are the same as for east a/c.
Hmm... Not sure... Are there more supp bev carts in the back of the 321 as opposed to the 319? Again, just a guess......

I don't know about the support carts on the 321. All I know is that f/a's will once again be pushing something that is extremely limited in supply. If there isn't enough room in the 321 galley to accomodate the 48 they are set to supply a 319/320 with then throw a duffle bag in the overhead like other a/c. It's just bad planning. Bad planning seems to be the theme so no shocker.

Does anyone know about the "GATE CHECKS" Inflight is starting per the must read/letter from Shambles?? So now we all know for sure... they are on WITCH hunts... you should see the crap they are pulling on PHX f/a's w/ the Hawaii's trying to fire them for not doing a landing service in PHX... total garbage... details?? Letter is on HUB/WINGS and posted under Must REads...

Button those buttons and zip those zippers. Make sure that hair is nice and tight. Is your ponytail longer than a $1.00 bill? Are those earings bigger than a quarter? We need your brightest smiles as Julie would do on the Loveboat. Ya know, they gotta start somewhere with this trainwreck so why not with the flight attendants. Good luck to all those Supervisors walking into the lions den. Here is a little note.... Your flight attendants not being uniform compliant is NOT the issue at US. I guess all departments have to look as if there is some meaning to their position. :lol: How about a little E-line from the union detailing what is being expected. Don't interfere with boarding and don't interfere with a f/a's only ten minutes to grab some grub. ;)

But will Bed Bath and Beyond have a lovely Flight Attendant deliver it to your seat?
Yes .... but the one you buy wont have...
a) Lice
B) bodily fluids... and not the ones we want to talk about here...(from both ends btw)
c) scum....

etc.etc... and you can take it home and bring it back....
and if it is your own scum.... you don't need to wash it.... :shock:

I returned from a trip yesterday, and watched from the back galley as a gentleman sneezed, three times, into one of the pillows, which he then slept on, and I am sure the pillow ultimately ended up back in the overhead for the continuing flight to Chicago.

I'd gladly pay the $7.
You don't even want to know what goes on with the blankets...
When a child wets his pants or even yet something much worse...
we cover the seat with one of those blankets and the child sits on it...
then.... guess what.... it goes back into the over head bin.... and next flight
a new pax takes it and uses it.... its pretty much a human diaper that you and
using..... :down: