BOB Blankets and Pillows start 2/16

...or the pillow that is missing the pillowcase due to Oprah's advice to remove the case since it is dirty...Oprah dont mention to the countless thousands who have used that pillow prior that never gets washed...

OMG! I'm not the only one who curses Oprah every single time I pick up a #@$& pillowcase that someone pulled off the pillow. I rue the day she made that statement on her show!!!!

When I took biology in college, one of our labs was to take a culture off of a dollar bill to see what kinds of things were there....it was pretty gross. One person managed to get petrie dish full of the TB virus. I would hate to see what kinds of things live on those pillows and blankets.

And people wonder why I wear rubber gloves to "tidy" the cabin. I welcome this on board product with open arms. Now can we just go back to complimentary non-alcoholic beverages? I'm tired of fighting with fellow crew members and passengers over the "water issue".

Yes .... but the one you buy wont have...
a) Lice
B) bodily fluids... and not the ones we want to talk about here...(from both ends btw)
c) scum....
Are you willing to guarantee that, say, in a personal manner? Perhaps you would be willing to make personal bond on such a likelihood, say, $100,000? Otherwise, please keep your koolaide drinking to yourself.

Worked PHL-PHX today -- full A321 -- only two passengers in coach asked for a pillow and blanket, when informed of our new product, one pulled out $7, the other didn't. The guy that paid for the pillow/blanket commented how much nicer it was than the old ones, and had it tied to his laptop bag on his way off our a/c to make his connection. Maybe this will work.

I will give credit where credit is due. The sale of the pillow/blanket is a win win for everyone. The passenger gets a new and clean product, the f/a's and cleaners (when you have them) don't have to fold and toss them back in the overhead, and it's a good revenue generator for the company. US is hardly the airline anyone thinks of when it comes to innovation but this is a GREAT product. I would think they would sell on a red eye more so than a daytime trans con. How many commuters will have one in their bag? Bought from the "company store" of course wink, wink. ;)

I worked a 319 from YYZ-PHX today. We were booked to 115/124, so we had 103 in the back. One grumpy old man wanted a pillow, but when I told him the pack he was opening was $7, he taped it back closed and practically threw it at me. Really though, that pillow isn't too comfortable. It's TINY.

I think it's very appropriate that airlines charge for all these amenities. All the "free" stuff is a leftover from the regulated days of airline travel when the only way for an airline to compete on a route was by food, drink and amenities (since every airline had to charge the same fare.) It has taken 30 years for the paradigm shift to finally sink into the psyche of airline management, and now the passengers.

The airlines are in the transportation business. They are not bar/restaurants. They are not hotels. They are not movie theaters, nor are they broadcast media. The fare they charge should get their customers from A to B, because that is their function. That being said, I disagree with charging for every checked bag. The fare should include hauling a reasonable amount of stuff, too, whether in the cabin or in the cargo hold.

I worked a 319 from YYZ-PHX today. We were booked to 115/124, so we had 103 in the back. One grumpy old man wanted a pillow, but when I told him the pack he was opening was $7, he taped it back closed and practically threw it at me. Really though, that pillow isn't too comfortable. It's TINY.

Guess what? He got over it! Guess what? Who cares? Go somewhere else if you don't like it, or drive from PHX to YYZ next time.
My patience for both the whining kettle AND the whining FF is ZERO!! Pay or go elsewhere! But stop bitching and whining!!

Guess what? He got over it! Guess what? Who cares? Go somewhere else if you don't like it, or drive from PHX to YYZ next time.
My patience for both the whining kettle AND the whining FF is ZERO!! Pay or go elsewhere! But stop bitching and whining!!

I don't care whether he got over it or not. I just don't think they'll be a big seller. One plus is the cabins have been MUCH cleaner in between flights.

Ahhhh....

How refreshing is that? Me knowing I made "The Right Decision!"

Feels good...I'm not entirely sure why I even stopped by...but it's good to see my instincts and decisions were right.

Here are some numbers for the wonderful people who share LCC_#1's rock star attitude to digest....

Through Feb 17, 2009

ON US AIRWAYS
Flight Segments On US Airways = 2
Total Miles Flown = 2,457
Airfare paid to date = $86.52
Yield paid to date = $0.035 per mile (How SWEET is that? $0.035/mile?!?)

ON OTHER CARRIERS (AS, CO, DL, FI & WN)
Flight Segments On All Other Airlines = 20
Total Miles Flown = 18,563
Airfare Paid To Date = $4,502.08
Yield Paid To Date = $0.243

And so...the story goes....because of the wonderful contempt this company has for it's customers (and employees), we've evolved to this...

--Only buy the product when there is NO other way to get from point A to point B

-and/or-

--It's so insanely cheap, (like $0.035 per mile) that (a.) the fare matches the quality of the product and (b.) you'd be an idiot not to take advantage.

Will I ever fly US again? You betchya! When I can shroof a $0.035/mile fare, I'm a buyer...nickel and dime me to pieces after 2/28/2009 when I go from CP to Dirt...who cares!

I'd have to buy a TON of cokes and check PILES of luggage to get anywhere close to the price that ticket should be!

Yes LCC_#1....there is a Santa Claus...and thank you for your LOVELY attitude and that personal reassurance I made the right decision dumping the worst aviation product in America from a passenger's perspective.

Oh, and congrats on being #1 in "on time" arrivals....while I realize Dougie says it's "job #1," I could (almost, but not quite) care less....but at the end of the day, if that's what makes you all happy, good for you!

So, are these selling? I know if I was still flying on US, I would positively buy one. I can't see them selling like hotcakes (because the passengers generally are cheap) but I think it is nice that US has made these available, and at a good price too.

Ahhhh....

How refreshing is that? Me knowing I made "The Right Decision!"

Feels good...I'm not entirely sure why I even stopped by...but it's good to see my instincts and decisions were right.

And how refreshing to not see your bitching and whining!! Now go away so we don't have to read anything you write or see your stupid bird avitar. This is the way it is. I didn't like the changes but I TOO have had to adjust. Either that or quit. I am staying and adjusting. You left, but still feel the need to hang around. THAT is SICK!!

Yes LCC_#1....there is a Santa Claus...and thank you for your LOVELY attitude and that personal reassurance I made the right decision dumping the worst aviation product in America from a passenger's perspective.

Oh, and congrats on being #1 in "on time" arrivals....while I realize Dougie says it's "job #1," I could (almost, but not quite) care less....but at the end of the day, if that's what makes you all happy, good for you!

Oh, cry me a river! My attitude if fine. Oh, I'm the bad attitude person because your rear end is no longer being kissed. Let me tell you, VAN, SANTA would fly right pass your house with your entitled attitude along with many others here who are so mentally sick that they can't move on. MOVE ON AND STOP LURKING! The lead role in Fatal Attraction has been taken! Sick! How are your dollars helping all the other airlines you are flying and they're continual bleeding of red ink. Oh, I forgot, damn the good of the airlines. It's all about Van. :lol: :lol: :lol:

US has FFs left?
Now that the old regime FF has left to the other red bleeding airlines, the new FF's know nothing more, so they don't find the need to #### and moan all the time. They seem to get what many don't here. If you don't like it, go somewhere else!

Latest posts