CLT F/A Crew News- Robert Isom

Giiiiiiiirl that can was INDUSTRIAL sized. I wanted to say something about the lemon scent but well ya know....i needed a chuckle. I thought the back galley smelled like fruit...Oh wait.... :lol: ;)

Hey, Luggage Boy! You got a problem with my bottle of starch?! And for the record it Faultless Lemon Scent not Niagra :lol: I can't be looking like one of these flight attendants that just got shot out of a cannon from the Lagoon right into the B terminal just running an egg beater through the hair. I always take some personal pride. It's does take up a lot of my roller board but we all have plight in life.

And you look fabulous. It's worth the effort.

Shot out of a cannon from the Lagoon lmfao...

As do you EMB. Can't wait to see you in that one piece...LOL Actually, it crosses all lines of male or female. Gay or straight. I have seen slop on both sides. I just refuse to let this place define me as a person. They have enough control and that's one thing I can control. My personal appearance. This uniform is going to take some serious work. I hope it gets here soon, Ms. Swan needs to get sewing soon.
As for Isom, he is still rather new and got handed I am sure a pile of crap. He is sure thinking how he can go back to NW. But, of them all he seems the most competent. So far.

This board is pretty ridiculous, but anyhow.

JOOC, why would you lower yourself to hang and/or interact with "ridiculous" people?

If the "board is pretty ridiculous," and the board IS the people that comprise it, then you are pretty much calling us ridiculous, right?

Seems a bit "elitist" to discount everyone's opinion, but calling the board ridiculous....but that's just my opinion...which is of course neither right nor wrong.

He does seem out of touch , the latest communication i read from him was about our on time performance and how poor our MBR was , I think we climbed to one spot up from last in terms of MBR … then he went on about the 50 dollar bonus the company pays us for good performance and how they have this great new program where they’ll give us ONE HUNDED dollars if we meet XYZ goals under XYZ conditions(and that’s WITH the holiday travel season coming up ) … Sorry Robert I hate to break it to ya but even thou I’m a west ramper and I make peanuts the 50 dollar incentive being offered is nowhere near enough to cause me to work about three times harder than I am now . The incentive offered is so little and that requirements so high to achieve it , I don’t even see the point in offering it . Perhaps Mr Isom has never heard of a graduated reward scale , limited objectives , limited rewards … you know what the sad part is , I’ve got what I think could be some really good ideas for this company , but because of the situation I’m in , I have no desire what’s so ever to share them .

Ah well keep trying Robert .

as far as folk I like in upper management , my favorite would still have to be doug , forgetting all of the problems I have with this company , from a pure business/social perspective I like the guy . While some feel he doesn’t have a definite direction , I think he does . Furthermore I like the fact that he’s got the balls to host town halls given all the hostility towards him . On the social side of the equation I’ll never forget the time I was in HQ and I saw him hustling into work , it was late in the morning and he looked unkempt ,you know, that look you have when you wake up in your hotel room in las veags and have to rush to get out before check out time , yeah that’s the look . You just gotta respect the fact that your CEO could probably out drink you in a drinking contest

I also like the corporate communications department , while there’s never a negative word in any of the propaganda that they put out , the pure volume of communications is just amazing !

This board is pretty ridiculous, but anyhow.

Isom has only been to one Crew News and there were lots of new hires in the class, so there is nothing wrong with him asking that question at his 2nd crew news. The world does not revolve around knowing everything about East FA's and East FA Training before walking into the room especially with something as trivial as asking a question that the bashers think is ridiculous. Isom is there to allow FA's to ask questions and to inform the workforce on things that affect the FA life, something the East never got from management in the past and also something that many take for granted. Yes, west crews have layovers in CLT and yes, west new hires may have visited the the CLT Training center.

See EMBFA's post above and read again carefully.
You and your cohorts are Out of touch, clueless, uncaring. It is not "knowing everything about East FA's"....blah blah blah.
It is called "CREW NEWS". Brief the poor man about his audience.
Even when EMBFA explained the situation and how a poor tone was set right off the bat, alienating the audience, not because the man is an idiot but because he was uninformed. A big lapse. Imagine if he had come in to speak and mentioned being aware that ONE HALF of the flight attendant work force is furloughed. The audience would be much more receptive for his knowledge of his audience.
UWCACTUS, one thing I can say about you is that you are predictable, and that is not a compliment.

The bottom line is that management in Tempe doesn't want to fix the problems of PHL or they would have. There are solutions to every problem. It takes a willingness to want do things better. I've said it before, but Doug Parker doesn't have the sophistication, the vision, nor the class to go about running a world-class airline. I firmly believe that US' problems in PHL are not insurmountable. To date, the senior leadership at HP/US is more concerned with short-term profits rather than long-term solutions (for which there will be consequences). USAirways has become a disgrace both operationally and service wise. Tempe's way of handling PHL is to hire a bunch of thugs from the ghetto who will work for $8.00 an hour and a bunch of operations managers (kids, really) who have just graduated from ASU and then sent off to PHL for their first assignment. PHL could be the crown jewel in USAirways' system, but that would take investment...in facilities, in training, in US' people, and in the product. When employees feel valued, they perform.

The company appears to be set on targeting a lower-caliber demographic to fill its aircraft, and conversely, attracts a lower-quality employee that keeps the revolving door cycle constantly spinning. The seasoned "East" employees and the "Easties" on this board aren't just a bunch whose misery loves company. They have been demoralized by the continued degradation of their company's product by a group of executives who are so clearly out of touch with the Northeast customer base. That customer just wants a website that performs efficiently, kiosks that function, ticket agents that can manage ticketing glitches in a timely manner, airplanes, club rooms, and gate locations that don't look as if a movie theater has just emptied out, and an in-flight service product that is competitive with other international carriers: coat closets, seat pitch, an adequate first class cabin (for U/G's), and IFE that is functional. None of this is new thinking and it certainly isn't rocket science. If Gordon Bethune can take Frank Lorenzo's legacy at CO from worst to first, then it can be done at Airways as well. Unfortunately, the team in charge in Tempe is better suited for MESA, not a major international legacy carrier. That is what USAirways is.

It boggles my mind how some of you can come on here as HP management apologists. The dismal DOT rankings speak for themselves. That dirty, torn club room chair that was posted in these threads several weeks ago was very indicative of the state of affairs at USAirways: Very poor leadership, no quality control, no defined product, and no vision. I am just waiting for the day that the Star Alliance shows the "new" USAirways the door...

How come when I fly UA, AA, DL, or CO out of phl I don't have the problems I HAD on US????? It is not the city...it is the management.

The bottom line is that management in Tempe doesn't want to fix the problems of PHL or they would have. There are solutions to every problem. It takes a willingness to want do things better. I've said it before, but Doug Parker doesn't have the sophistication, the vision, nor the class to go about running a world-class airline. I firmly believe that US' problems in PHL are not insurmountable. To date, the senior leadership at HP/US is more concerned with short-term profits rather than long-term solutions (for which there will be consequences). USAirways has become a disgrace both operationally and service wise. Tempe's way of handling PHL is to hire a bunch of thugs from the ghetto who will work for $8.00 an hour and a bunch of operations managers (kids, really) who have just graduated from ASU and then sent off to PHL for their first assignment. PHL could be the crown jewel in USAirways' system, but that would take investment...in facilities, in training, in US' people, and in the product. When employees feel valued, they perform.

The company appears to be set on targeting a lower-caliber demographic to fill its aircraft, and conversely, attracts a lower-quality employee that keeps the revolving door cycle constantly spinning. The seasoned "East" employees and the "Easties" on this board aren't just a bunch whose misery loves company. They have been demoralized by the continued degradation of their company's product by a group of executives who are so clearly out of touch with the Northeast customer base. That customer just wants a website that performs efficiently, kiosks that function, ticket agents that can manage ticketing glitches in a timely manner, airplanes, club rooms, and gate locations that don't look as if a movie theater has just emptied out, and an in-flight service product that is competitive with other international carriers: coat closets, seat pitch, an adequate first class cabin (for U/G's), and IFE that is functional. None of this is new thinking and it certainly isn't rocket science. If Gordon Bethune can take Frank Lorenzo's legacy at CO from worst to first, then it can be done at Airways as well. Unfortunately, the team in charge in Tempe is better suited for MESA, not a major international legacy carrier. That is what USAirways is.

It boggles my mind how some of you can come on here as HP management apologists. The dismal DOT rankings speak for themselves. That dirty, torn club room chair that was posted in these threads several weeks ago was very indicative of the state of affairs at USAirways: Very poor leadership, no quality control, no defined product, and no vision. I am just waiting for the day that the Star Alliance shows the "new" USAirways the door...

Is there a single person in the management team that folks on this board like?
Can anyone name one person in the history of this company that was in management that people liked? I don't think so.

I have not been briefed at all on the makeup of the workforce on the significantly more complex, international part of the airline that is three times larger than it's counterpart.

I'm thinking that is what he actually meant to say...

What is frightening, is that he was probably briefed by well-meaning, well-paid, executives and they are just as clueless as he.

Tempe's way of handling PHL is to hire a bunch of thugs from the ghetto who will work for $8.00 an hour

So are you implying that everyone that's just been hired on in PHL is a no good "thug" or are you also implying that people who come from low income neighborhoods are somehow inherently bad ?

p.s Doug is cool because he drinks ! drink drink drink!!!! :up:

Bravo!!! :up: :up:

Latest posts