Crew News 3/22

Again, Sherri is not over Crew Planning. If anyone hung Scott out to dry is was Seymour or you can take it even lower down the totem pole.
So what exactly is Sherri responsible for? Those of us on the East have not had the first bit of communication from her in 2007. What DOES she do in Tempe?

BTW, when does that "fresh start" on your signature line begin?

So what exactly is Sherri responsible for? Those of us on the East have not had the first bit of communication from her in 2007. What DOES she do in Tempe?

BTW, when does that "fresh start" on your signature line begin?

Who the he$$ knows. For someone who is a VP she sure doesn't act like she's responsible for ANYTHING. I could offer a tongue in cheek answer to what she DOES in Tempe but I think I should lay off the horse thing already. It's probably getting old. :)

I guess at the next crew news session we could ask about the VP of Inflights job description. Do you think she would be able to answer THAT question? I can see it now. "Uh, this question is for Sherri. Sherri as the VP of Inflight could you share with us what your job entails and give us an idea of what your day is like." Given her past responses I think it would go something like "well, I don't really have the answer for that, but how about that $100.00 hat trick we just handed out, yay!" :blink:

I have to disagree completely. Sherri is the VP of inflight, and is directly responsible for the east and west flight attendants. It certainly is her responsibility to understand what is happening with regards to displacements! Once again, she has shown her ineptness in her position by not having any clue whatsoever as to what is happening out East (I cant speak for the west).

Somebody has to have the answers and should have HAD the answers with them at this meeting.These are peoples lives. Sheri must have known that this topic was going to come up at a meeting in CLT; she should have been prepared. I just wish that she could realize that her ignorance of so many situations just makes her looks plain stupid and careless. Does she not care? I just don't get it.

Just because she is not the crew planner does not mean she should not be up to speed with issues that affect INFLIGHT SERVICES. She should constantly be in touch with all areas that affect FA's: Catering, scheduling, cabin appearance, crew planning, etc.

I guess we should have expected this type of preparation at the meeting, judging from the last time she tried to host a crew session ("Are you all excited about the $50 in your check? yay!" ) :eek:
Yup, and he should have been there too with some numbers and some answers. Maybe someone can email sheri his number; perhaps they can meet for coffee and Paul can inform her that we are displacing on the east.

IT'S A FREAKSHOW----> :mf_boff:
Agree completely......if Shamlin expects to get ANY respect as a VP SHE needs to know her department and the issues affecting her subordinates. We don't need some simple minded, out of touch bimbo running Inflight that merely dusts off her nameplate in a days worth of work. It is feasible that Scott Kirby may not have been up-to-date on the displacements but there is NO EXCUSE for Shamlin being clueless. I questioned HER credentials from DAY ONE....Get the Hell out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat, Missy!

Agree completely......if Shamlin expects to get ANY respect as a VP SHE needs to know her department and the issues affecting her subordinates. We don't need some simple minded, out of touch bimbo running Inflight that merely dusts off her nameplate in a days worth of work. It is feasible that Scott Kirby may not have been up-to-date on the displacements but there is NO EXCUSE for Shamlin being clueless. I questioned HER credentials from DAY ONE....Get the Hell out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat, Missy!

No doubt girl scout!!! I liked to have laughed my booty off when i saw that piece of trailer walk up there and say that... I think, the next thing that should be said at the crew news is this... Uh, Ms. Shamblin... we will start off with an easy question... How many flight attendants do we have? Then exactly how are we scheduled? can you show me how the ETB works? what about our vacation do you know how that works? What is my pay scale? Do you think it is enough to be uprooted for every year? I think not -- Take your christian louboutin shoes, that i am paying for, and try to walk appropriately out the door because my money is wasted on bringing your horse arse to this location, to breath hot air, in the desert... Now anyone that can answer these questions please stand up!!! No takers, Not surprised....

I LOVE MY FELLOW EAST FLIGHT ATTENDANTS... I LOVE MY FELLOW EAST FLIGHT ATTENDANTS! After watching that train wreck... you guys rock. We haven't seen Sherri in years on the west since she has been promoted. She does not show her face. It seems as if she doesn't even like flight attendants... we are tolerated for her paycheck. The only correspondence we have had from her since the whole merger was about the cold stone creamery coupons. It is not only the east we are equally frustrated in the PHX base. Nobody is held accountable for anything. Bravo to those that stood up and called them out! I am proud to be working with you!!

I think you are being to hard on Sherri Shamblin. She is the Vice President and it would be up to the people beneath her to bring up this whole thing. Look at Paul Kinseys area (who came from the east :shock: ). I don't expect Sherri to ask on a daily basis "do we have displacements?" I just don't think thats how it works at that level. Just me opinion. :D

come to think of it, David Seymour came from the east also :shock:

David Seymour is original west. So if Sherry doesn't know any of this stuff... what exactly does she do?

She runs @ 8000 F/A's. She should be aware what issues impact these people-whether or not it is her sphere of influence. To be clueless perhaps shows that she is limiting her thinking to a very small box. How can someone be in front of an employee group you control but not know what the hot topics are going to be? Good thing it wasn't PHL.

I found it very telling that, in a room full of F/As asking questions that fell within the sphere of InFlight Services, the only things the VP of InFlight Services could say were "Because I'm not Crew Planning" and "Actually, the profit sharing was part of the Transition Agreement." Good grief! :blink:

Perhaps Ms. Shamblin would have been more in her comfort zone had the questions centered around the new PHX-LEX flights and/or American Quarter Horses.

The one male F/A pressed Mr. "I Hear Ya" Scott Kirby for a timeline in which we'd hear back from him. Next week is here. Have we heard anything yet? Let's hope that was not just another oratorical prestidigitation blowing out from the Tempe(st).

I found it very telling that, in a room full of F/As asking questions that fell within the sphere of InFlight Services, the only things the VP of InFlight Services could say were "I'm not Crew Planning" and "Actually, it was part of the Transition Agreement." Good grief! :blink:
And why did you let her get away with this?

Why dont they just recall all the furloughs to lga bos and phl. I heard they were going to start hiring again out west. If they displace in June I think I will move on to another airline. Since they are all hiring and we still have furloughs and now displacements.

Just received a crewmail message from Sherry Shamblin..sent out at 9:21 ET..
"We are in the final stages of completing our displacement annlysis and are meeting with Scott Kirby on Monday April 2nd. We will be prepared to address your concerns and ideas shortly there after."

THATS IT!!! :shock: What the heck was that sapposed to mean??? This was only sent out to the 52 "possibly" displaced f/a in PHL.

Just received a crewmail message from Sherry Shamblin..sent out at 9:21 ET..
"We are in the final stages of completing our displacement annlysis and are meeting with Scott Kirby on Monday April 2nd. We will be prepared to address your concerns and ideas shortly there after."

THATS IT!!! :shock: What the heck was that sapposed to mean??? This was only sent out to the 52 "possibly" displaced f/a in PHL.
Well, at least that is a start. I mean, at least Sherry finally found out that there was a displacement on the East.

I think it is HILARIOUS that she ran and hid at that CLT Crew News Session and let Scott get grilled on an issue that is essentially her responsibility.

The FREAKSHOW continues..... :mf_boff:

BTW, who was the ignorant FA with the red hair in the front that said "You are always gonna have commuters as long as you have bases in PHL and NYC, because no one wants to live there...." Real polished, honey. You single by any chance? :lol: :shock: