Company to eliminate Availability Lines

The recall issue is addressed as well. AA has not notified APFA of recalls at all for the near future. 500 F/As are on bid leaves for March.
Coop

SLT

Coop, don't forget there is the official line from the APFA and then there is reality. Do you really think that the APFA would put in a hotline that the company had notified them (officially or unofficially) of a recall before the company announced it? Less than a week before I got my recall letter in early September, 2004, the official line on the APFA hotline was that "the company had no plans for any further recalls in 2004."

Coop...IMO I think there is no need for AVBL. It is waste of time. Half of the time the AVBLS that wait for the company to plot for them call in sick. I think it should be Reserve and Line. And ease the restrictions of TTOT and reserve pref. Allow F/A to TTOT to as many howers as they can fit on their Schedule.

Trust me I doubt Management will get rid of AVBL it is one of the only Carrots they can dangle above the head of the APFA to get something else they want. It is a waste of time for the F/A and the Company.

By the way Coop why is the SLT base have the Highest percentage of sick flight attendants.

Coop, don't forget there is the official line from the APFA and then there is reality. Do you really think that the APFA would put in a hotline that the company had notified them (officially or unofficially) of a recall before the company announced it?

Dunno, but I saw in Jetmail this week that there's a "good chance" of bid leaves in April, so if there are 500 bid leaves for March and a chance of more in April, where exactly is the need for recalls? The April schedule is pretty much the schedule until August or September -- there won't be a huge ramp-up in May or June for the summer like in years past.

Dunno, but I saw in Jetmail this week that there's a "good chance" of bid leaves in April, so if there are 500 bid leaves for March and a chance of more in April, where exactly is the need for recalls? The April schedule is pretty much the schedule until August or September -- there won't be a huge ramp-up in May or June for the summer like in years past.

Oh, I agree that there are definitely some mixed messages being put out by the company. BTW, it's not just a "good chance" as far as SLT is concerned. We got the HI6 to open bid leave bidding 2 days ago.

At the same time, the company wants to do away with availability because they are short of substitutes (reserves or available f/as) at the end of the month. The sick calls at SLT and a couple of other bases are extremely high--(don't ask me. I go to work when I'm supposed to). And, it is basic math that currently we have fewer f/as active than we had in June, 2004 before the first recall of that year.

Granted a lot of routes have been given to AE, but if those were heavily traveled mainline routes, they would still be with mainline. I have to stop now. I'm a f/a and it makes my head hurt to think this much. :lol:

Ok, Just got an HI6 from Debbie Carvatta,

It says that AVBL is NOT going away AND it IS contractual!! Sorry Garfield Just some talks about improving AVBL, not eliminating it.

Now, you know there's not a cynical bone in my body, but personally I think the original plan was, in fact, to do away with AVBL, but the news got out before they were ready to surprise us with it; so, now they are backtracking.

And, again, if you read the contract, you will not find one single word that says the company HAS to offer availability. All of the wording in the contract has to do with how it will operate, if offered.

The closest thing to a requirement is that once the company has determined the number of reserves needed to cover VMC positions, this number has to be reduced by 40% and an equal amount of availability offered. However, as I said before, 40% of zero is still zero.

Let's face it. We are lke mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed a bunch of BS.

What ever happens, happens. We will all adapt and learn to deal with what ever changes the future may bring.

It seems like some AA F/As are going around with the story that there will be no TWA recalls because the TWA F/As will just return to the line for a trip and retire. That will cost AA a big bundle of money because AA will have to pay the TWAers retirement. Therefore AA is determined not to recall TWA F/As. Sorry, but some are delusional. First off, many TWA F/As are already retired and receiving PBGC checks from the TWA retirement plan. Service at TWA does not count towards an AA retirement!!! Second, a few TWAers meeting AA's age requirements have retired from AA. They received no credit from AA for their TWA service. Their monthly checks are less than $50.00. So much for that rumor...

Jim, while I agree that it might not have to be offered, Debbie makes it very clear that atleast she thinks it is contractual.

Jim, while I agree that it might not have to be offered, Debbie makes it very clear that atleast she thinks it is contractual.
Oh, I got the same HI6. However, judging from past experience if the company wanted to push the issue, they would be daring us to find a word in the contract which made availability "contractual." :lol:

It seems like some AA F/As are going around with the story that there will be no TWA recalls because the TWA F/As will just return to the line for a trip and retire...They received no credit from AA for their TWA service. Their monthly checks are less than $50.00. So much for that rumor...

L1011Ret, you have been previously warned. Their minds have been made up about the evil TWA f/as. Do not attempt again to confuse them with facts. :shock: :lol:

Thanks for the warning, I certainly would not want to confuse anyone and create a safety issue just because they were delusional...

L1011,

I am just curious, where do you come up with this stuff? It has been FOREVER that anyone around me even uttered anything TWA.

Latest posts

Back