Dan Cunnigham - Return To Work

I read on page 5 of the arbitrators decision that the twu "(twu officer)" is responsible for getting Dan fired. Imagine that, our own union to whom we pay dues and hire to represent us trying (unsuccessfully at even that, I might add) to get a member fired!!! :( <_<

Rusty said:
I read on page 5 of the arbitrators decision that the twu "(twu officer)" is responsible for getting Dan fired. Imagine that, our own union to whom we pay dues and hire to represent us trying (unsuccessfully at even that, I might add) to get a member fired!!! :(  <_<
[post="300907"][/post]​

So the union that gets the company industry leading concessions also tries to have their own members fired.

Hmmm, something is very much amiss. Maybe when we get a look at the new LM forms that were due Aug 15, 2005 things might get cleared up a little.

http://www.vedderprice.com/docs/pub/4d0665...b0_document.pdf

Rusty said:
I read on page 5 of the arbitrators decision that the twu "(twu officer)" is responsible for getting Dan fired. Imagine that, our own union to whom we pay dues and hire to represent us trying (unsuccessfully at even that, I might add) to get a member fired!!! :(  <_<
[post="300907"][/post]​

Can you say DFR violation?

High Speed Steel said:
"Oh", I get it now informer... :huh: DFR= Don't Follow Request :p
[post="302017"][/post]​

Can you say not required because it was an illegal order per federal law. I hope he soaks the twu and the officer for millions.

AMFAMAN said:
Can you say not required because it was an illegal order per federal law. I hope he soaks the twu and the officer for millions.
[post="302019"][/post]​

Maybe he can go after the 3.1 million/billion bob and informer keep crying about....???? :p Be lucky to receive a "Raspberry" if you ask me :p :p :p

High Speed Steel said:
Maybe he can go after the 3.1 million/billion bob and informer keep crying about....???? :p Be lucky to receive a "Raspberry" if you ask me :p :p :p
[post="302024"][/post]​

$3.1 million is fact and about the right amount for this case. You won't be asked anything other than maybe be called in this case, that won't be your choice.

AMFAMAN said:
$3.1 million is fact and about the right amount for this case. You won't be asked anything other than maybe be called in this case, that won't be your choice.
[post="302025"][/post]​

Yeah right , Will you have delle come to hold hands your highness..... :unsure:

High Speed Steel said:
Yeah right , Will you have delle come to hold hands your highness..... :unsure:
[post="302028"][/post]​

Huh?

I dont get it? Is that a GLEAAM joke that only those on the inside would get?

PlayTheOdds said:
Why do you guys continue to give your money to a union you all obviously hate?
[post="302384"][/post]​

The Railway Labor Act requires us to.

I don't buy that. A union only exists because it has a membership. If I was forced to pay for a service I didn't want I would simply quit on principal alone. It sounds to me like you guys need to strike to get rid of the union. You don't even have to leave the job just organize a company wide slow down until the company requests that the union be booted out. Let them do the work for you, all you would have to do is vote against it. The more I learn about unions the more I realize that they are just a bunch of scam artists. Does anyone claim union objector status?

PTO.....do you have any idea how many members have you on their "ignore" list?

You are a recent arrival, an outside troublemaker with nothing to contribute.

In short, a TROLL.

Who pays you for this? If you are not paid, what a miserable life you must have.

PlayTheOdds said:
I don't buy that. A union only exists because it has a membership. If I was forced to pay for a service I didn't want I would simply quit on principal alone. It sounds to me like you guys need to strike to get rid of the union. You don't even have to leave the job just organize a company wide slow down until the company requests that the union be booted out. Let them do the work for you, all you would have to do is vote against it. The more I learn about unions the more I realize that they are just a bunch of scam artists. Does anyone claim union objector status?
[post="302405"][/post]​
You need to study some federal laws, and the Railway Labor Act. Then again your an apparent gypsy wrench scab who lives in south texas (wifey still there waiting?) and is in Detroit cheaply selling his vile sole to NWA's failed management. Go back to your scab hole and hide. :ph34r:

Back on topic: Page 15 of Dan's decision. "With respect to the lawfullness of the Company's order, the precise question is whether the directive to remove the offending shirt constituted unlawful interference with the Grievant's right to engage in protected activity. If so, the Grievant's refusal to obey cannot be deemed insubordinate because the order itself was invalid."

Page 18 of the decision. "While it would certainly have been helpful if the company's supervisiory representatives were of common view, the problem is that all the explainations go too far." That is, regardless of whether the objectionable message was the listing of concessions, the attack on the TWU, or the combination of the two, the message was protected. A represented employee is entitled to express a view of an exclusive representative as a matter of right, and it doesn't matter if that expression is favorable or not."

It looks like a great federal case. :huh:

So where is the arbitrator's decision? I perused through and did not see it. Can someone scan it so it can be shared for all to read, please?