Dave's Latest Letter To Employees

flynomore said:
firstamendment;

Lighten up, I am on your side. Jeesh.

To rephrase: If we worked for FREE our aggregated costs are still above the competitors he cites. What we do not know is all that is within that value due to accounting decisions. If those NON LABOR costs are not reduced, we are toast.

Left unsaid, yet again, is how management decisions drive that value as opposed to those made by the collective bargaining of union.
There is no reason for me to lighten up. Your thread came across to me as pro company and I did not join in your opinion. You know, I have had it with defending US Airways and why we should all join together as a team. To even suggest that we should listen to one thing these lying idiots say makes me sick on my stomach. For one bit of lighting up I should do, I feel you should show alittle more outrage.

BTW, I think it's sad that Chris Chiames feels compelled to hang out here as a rep of US Airways management. (Please, no letter from moderator...he GLADLY signs his name). I can only hope he knows that not only are people on these boards sick of management, but the majority of the vast amount of employees I encounter feel the same way. I'm sure he and management will sing a different tune.

As a loyal US Airways employee, I am in shock. This man never fails to amaze me.
How are competing across the Atlantic when we are selling 10 cent headsets for five dollars, charging for a glass of wine with dinner( I know other carriers do it) and we wake our passegers up at three in the morning and offer them a donut that has Daves name on it.
We have talented crew members forced into resigning as we sit on reserve with no opportunity to fly because block holders are permitted to fly as many trips as they like.
Bring on Virgin and Southwest, there is a vast pool of great employees waiting in Philly to be appreciated by a company that knows where it is going.

Do_it_for_Dave said:
Dave, Thanks for the update. You have our support and we will continue to make sacrifices if needed. The naysayers are the minority voice.
NOT!!

The silent majority is infact the silent minority. Please stop your propoganda lies. Go around the sytem and actually talk to the employees. They have had it and will not give a dime more. So you will threaten to shut us down? Go ahead...that's apparently what you want anyway. :angry: :angry: :down:

Enough. Go away. :angry:

You have no leadership skills. You are the joke of this company and the laughingstock of the industry. Your legacy is the "spoiled little boy" who destroyed a fifty year old airline in 18 months.

There will be no more concessions to you or this incompetent regime. The most junior employees on the property are destroying the careers and lives of over 46,000 employees, thousands of retirees, and the families associated.

You are an absolute, utter failure. We have seen you for exactly what you are, and we won't be fooled again. You've broken every contract and been deceitful and disrespectful to all of us.

You've earned our contempt.

Board of Directors, Do YOUR JOB! Wake up and save this franchise!

Dave,
I'd love to help you out but I'm trying to maintain two households since I had to transfer 1200 miles from my family.Check back with me when my economic situation becomes more stable.

okay folks, just think about it for a minute. When Dave came to this airline think about all of the stuff that was put on the backs of him and the managment. I'm not going to argue with anyone that he has done some pretty crappy things but really there was alot that needed to be done. It's almost like he came at the wrong time. Employee morale was low then and it is now. When Dave came, he was coming in at a time when Wolf already skrewed us up. The employees were pissed already and 9/11's toll was coming into realization. I truely don't think Dave had the intentions of coming in here and selling us off. I truely think he had good intentions of turning this airline around. THE TRUTH is that his plan wasn't the right plan. There was a lot of stuff that should've been done during bankruptcy. I now think that this is the time for them to change what they should've change. Let's hope and pray that whatever they are holding from us in crystal city is something that is actually worthwhile and can honestly change us.

How stupid are we to keep putting up with this flunky? Dave is right up there with Michael Jackson in terms of tarnished image. He's damaged goods and its so bad that nobody believes anything he says even if its true. The best thing for US Airways right now is to get a leader the employees believe in. Dave ain't it!

Mr. Siegel,

As 700UW wrote, the Concession Stand is closed.

It's time for you and your team to run this airline.

We do our part.

We want you to do yours.

Jon153 said:
okay folks, just think about it for a minute.

<snip>
Jon,

As my buddy Dr. Phil says, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior" and "We teach people how to treat us". :D

This regime's past behavior has been sneaky, deceitful, disrespectful to employee input and morale, self serving, arrogant to the extreme, has no regard for legal contracts, the court system and labor law, and in my opinion... immoral.

We gave huge concessions under the threat of liquidation and over 18,000 of our airline family are now gone, and the remaining employees are working harder, for less, with dwindling future prospects. The regime thinks they can browbeat labor and take more from the employees to cover up their lack of a business plan, strategic thinking, and marketing acumen. Our salaries are reduced, our advancement opportunities are stunted due to a dwindling workforce, our insurance plan is not what we were told it would be, the list goes on, and on, and on.

It is time to retrain them as to how to treat us. We will not be providing this incompetent regime any more concessions. Bring in some competent airline operations oriented management, with respect for the workforce and a plan to save what should be a money making franchise, and this company may be saved.

With the current management regime, and lack of leaders, there is no chance of this airline surviving.

Jon, please think about this... what is our identity? Who are we? There is no plan, no identity, no marketing, nothing. The entire plan is beat down the workforce, take from the workforce, etc, etc, etc. It's a broken record of a failed leader.

Have you seen strategic plans, innovation, leadership? Did dave come out after BK and rally the troops, create a company identity, and advertising campaign, reassure our customers... no. Nothing. Huge amounts of money are being wasted on an ill advised and doomed plan to steal the IAM heavy maintenance work on the Airbus... and planes are being parked, rather than serviced, and this as we enter the peak travel season. This is not a rational act.

Our very best frequent flyers are outraged, disillusioned, and will desert us in droves just as soon as a viable alternative is given them, and its coming quick! We have done nothing to make our customers experience better, and our product has disintegrated to a disgraceful mockery of what it once was.

The emperor has no clothes. He cannot rally the troops. No one believes in him. No one trusts him. In order to lead, you must be able to make people believe in a common goal, a common purpose. We see this regime clearly now, and are not buying into their con.

Don't be fooled by the spin from CCY on here.

I think that Do it for dave must be some kind of screwball in ccy along with the rest
of the idiots running this outfit. I believe that all of the employees have done their
part. It is high time that the ccy gangsters got off their a## and gave up say 100% of their pay and look at the real issue of what is hurting the airline. Fares should be something that does resemble like America West and may be then the airline would be better off financially.

jack mama said:
November 18, 2003

David N. Siegel
President and CEO

Dear US Airways Colleague:

(blah, blah, blah...) <snip>

"I did not come here to oversee a going-out-of-business sale. I came here to rebuild and grow an important business."

<snip>

( more blah, blah, blah)

Sincerely,
Dave

Remarkably similar language to that used by Wolfie.

"I did not come here to sell the airline. I came to grow the airline."

Hey davey,

We don't believe a word out of your mouth.

Hey Dave, Can you tell the employees who were hired as flight attendants between 1994 and 2000 that we will have jobs in 2004?
Your new reserve system is a disgrace to the employees who have worked their butts off to keep this airline afloat. Also, what were you thinking when you thought it was a good idea to give away scratch off tickets with the new inflight cafe? Get real and make this airline a leader and not a joke.

MY STATION GAVE..

WE WENT EXPRESS THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO GIVE BUT MY WELFARE AND FOOD STAMPS.

I THINK IF THE CCY GANG WANT TO RUN THIS COMPANY,THEY WOULD HAVE STARTED ALONG TIME AGO.

THE ONLY WAY THEY WILL CUT COST IS TO CUT OUT MORE STATIONS AND MAKE THEM EXPRESS AND SAY IT WAS LOAD FACTORS.

WRONG IDEA...THIS SENDS THE PASSENGERS TO OTHER CARRIERS AND THEY MAKE THE MONEY.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

WE'LL NEED IT......

jack mama said:
November 18, 2003

David N. Siegel
President and CEO

Dear US Airways Colleague:

The loss of huge textile companies in North Carolina and steel companies in Pittsburgh show how these industries have been beaten down by more efficient importers when they did not adapt to change. Sincerely,
Dave
dave big steel's decline in Pittsburgh and other areas was and is due to advances in technology.now days what they used to accomplish in many mills has been whittled down to several mills still putting out the same or larger tonnages but with much more advanced steel making technology.i will give you this,though...what they have done in the entire steel industry is utilize new technology to get the most from their buck. i've spent many years in and out of the steel industry and have watched with great interest in the evolution of the industry.

The predicament that U finds itself in is an overwhelming extent of its own creation and it has done nothing to avoid the consequences of its own actions or inactions, Except to come to the employee groups time after time with reasons why they should give more to save the airline.
The labor groups on the property should not be complelled to support the results of poor or non existant planning on the part of DAVE and company!
As the record shows U management has known about the problems with seat mile cost, inefficient operations, poor use of technology and distribution costs for some time. Yet all its employees have seen in response to these cost problems are Daves calls for employees to give more, and letters of woe like this telling his employees how great they are and what a tremendous job they are doing..... BUT.............. :down: