Fall/Winter Schedule Changes

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
These lists do not include AA to AE or AE to AA schedule adjustments, just route additions and eliminations.

Additions:
Effective Aug. 24
American Eagle New York LaGuardia (LGA)-Charlotte (CLT)
Effective Oct. 1
American Eagle Miami (MIA)-Gainesville, Fla. (GNV)
American Eagle New York LaGuardia (LGA)-Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)
Effective Nov. 18
American Miami (MIA)-Brasilia, Brazil (BSB) - four times weekly
American Eagle Miami (MIA)-Cleveland (CLE)
American New York Kennedy (JFK)-Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (GIG)
American New York Kennedy (JFK)-Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
American Eagle New York Kennedy (JFK)-Cincinnati (CVG)
American Eagle New York Kennedy (JFK)-Indianapolis (IND)
American Eagle New York Kennedy (JFK)-Norfolk (ORF)
American Eagle Chicago O'Hare (ORD)-Manhattan, Kan. (MHK)
Effective Dec. 16
American Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)-Barbados (BGI) {thrice-weekly}
Effective Jan. 20, 2011
American New York Kennedy (JFK)-Tokyo Haneda (HND)

Subtractions:
Effective Aug. 24
American St. Louis (STL)-Seattle (SEA) (My friend who flies for Alaska said to tell everyone thank you. They take over this route in Sept.)
American Eagle Los Angeles (LAX)-Roswell, NM (ROW)
American Eagle Miami (MIA)-Treasure Cay, Bahamas (TCB)
Effective Sept. 7
American Eagle Boston (BOS)-Raleigh/Durham (RDU)
Effective Nov. 1
American Eagle Boston (BOS)-Washington National (DCA)
Effective Nov. 18
American Boston (BOS)-San Francisco (SFO)

No additional mainline flying announced. A lot of new Eagle flying. And, remember routes currently flown by AA being given to AE this Fall are not shown. When does the APA Scope clause kick in, or does it?

These lists do not include AA to AE or AE to AA schedule adjustments, just route additions and eliminations.

Additions:
Effective Aug. 24
American Eagle New York LaGuardia (LGA)-Charlotte (CLT)
Effective Oct. 1
American Eagle Miami (MIA)-Gainesville, Fla. (GNV)
American Eagle New York LaGuardia (LGA)-Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)
Effective Nov. 18
American Miami (MIA)-Brasilia, Brazil (BSB) - four times weekly
American Eagle Miami (MIA)-Cleveland (CLE)
American New York Kennedy (JFK)-Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (GIG)
American New York Kennedy (JFK)-Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
American Eagle New York Kennedy (JFK)-Cincinnati (CVG)
American Eagle New York Kennedy (JFK)-Indianapolis (IND)
American Eagle New York Kennedy (JFK)-Norfolk (ORF)
American Eagle Chicago O'Hare (ORD)-Manhattan, Kan. (MHK)
Effective Dec. 16
American Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)-Barbados (BGI) {thrice-weekly}
Effective Jan. 20, 2011
American New York Kennedy (JFK)-Tokyo Haneda (HND)

Subtractions:
Effective Aug. 24
American St. Louis (STL)-Seattle (SEA) (My friend who flies for Alaska said to tell everyone thank you. They take over this route in Sept.)
American Eagle Los Angeles (LAX)-Roswell, NM (ROW)
American Eagle Miami (MIA)-Treasure Cay, Bahamas (TCB)
Effective Sept. 7
American Eagle Boston (BOS)-Raleigh/Durham (RDU)
Effective Nov. 1
American Eagle Boston (BOS)-Washington National (DCA)
Effective Nov. 18
American Boston (BOS)-San Francisco (SFO)

No additional mainline flying announced. A lot of new Eagle flying. And, remember routes currently flown by AA being given to AE this Fall are not shown. When does the APA Scope clause kick in, or does it?

Are you sure about BOS-SFO, I asked the agent a few weeks ago at the gate in SFO look that up and it showed the afternoon departure 757 SFO-BOS in the system all the way thru Nov. I belive there is more thn 1 flight a day in that market.

It doesn't appear to kick in at all unless some of the routes being downgauged are between ORD, DFW, MIA, JFK, LAX, SFO, LGA, BOS, SJU, or STL. APA's scope is toothless aside from aircraft size.

The TWU's scope clause also doesn't appear to matter, since it only restricts flying to/from routes which were served by AA *after* March 1993. Most of the destinations look new (e.g. Manhattan, KS) and are otherwise exempt from the ASM cap. Plus, ASM's are likely going up when you consider routes like BSB and HND being added.

Bigger question: have the number of total block hours changed or gone up? I suspect the decrease in domestic flying is being largely offset with the increase in international flying. But that's just a guess.

Are you sure about BOS-SFO, I asked the agent a few weeks ago at the gate in SFO look that up and it showed the afternoon departure 757 SFO-BOS in the system all the way thru Nov. I belive there is more thn 1 flight a day in that market.

My information comes from the home page of Jetnet. If it's not accurate, tain't my fault. In the chart on Jetnet, BOS-SFO was shown in red like STL-SEA. According to the legend, city pairs in red are ones to be eliminated.

As I said, the chart did not show downgrades/upgrades in equipment or provider--such as 757 to S80, or AA to AE--just route additions and eliminations.

For instance, we currently have two 757s/day (out of a total of 8 or 9 flights/day) on STL-DFW. Sometime after 01SEP at least one of the 757s--possibly both--will be downgraded to a S80. This is not shown on the chart.

Miami-Treasure Cay is not going anywhere. The route operates seasonally and resumes in November.

Because I screwed up. On Jetnet it was all one color coded list. Red listings were route eliminations. On here I tried to separate them into two lists to make them more readable. I failed to delete the BOS-DCA from the additions list. According to Jetnet, that service is ending.

I'll have to ask a moderator to edit the list.

Latest posts