Famous Last Words......

Bill

Senior
Mar 3, 2004
I know this article pertains to the woes that the AMFA at NWA is going thru but I thought since we have so many here who have drank the AMFA koolaid I would share this. I find it quite amusing in a pathetic sort of way. Delle leads his faithful followers to the edge of the cliff then proceeds to kick them off the ledge. Then comes back with some BS letter to make it all better??? Are you kidding me???? YOU AND YOUR CRONIES (your high paid lawyers, who actully run this union!!) FAILED YOUR MEMBERSHIP DELLE!!!!! Nice job!! :down:

Any of you AMFA lovers care to explain this one?????? Oh, and try to do it without commenting on how bad you think the TWU is. You still have your job.....BROTHER!!!

AMFA Presents Northwest Airlines Settlement for Vote
Wednesday December 14, 5:31 pm ET

LACONIA, N.H.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 14, 2005--Aircraft Mechanics
Fraternal Association (AMFA) National Director O.V. Delle-Femine sent
the following letter today to AMFA members at Northwest Airlines:

Dear AMFA NWA Members:

The (AMFA) NEC (National Executive Council) has approved the submission
of Northwest Airline's last offer of settlement for your acceptance or
rejection via a secret ballot electronic vote. The outcome of this vote
will be announced December 30, 2005. In the next few days the referendum
notice and voting instructions will be mailed to the address on file at
National as of December 16, 2005. Any eligible member who has not
received voting instructions in the mail by December 23, 2005, or anyone
having questions about the voting process, should contact the Election
Coordinator at 603-527-9212.

AMFA's policy has always been to remain neutral in the ratification of a
contract. In this instance the NWA imposed contract is so severe and
detrimental to our craft we feel compelled to deviate from our policy
and advise you that a majority of the NEC feels its ratification would
be a grave disservice to our members. This imposed contract is by far
the worst contract in the history of airline labor. However, we firmly
believe that the dedicated AMFA members who chose to strike rather than
live under the terms of the NWA imposed contract have the right to vote
on this offer of settlement.

This vote is to approve a contract and to accept an offer that would
allow you to obtain twenty-six weeks of unemployment benefits, four
weeks of lay-off pay, and payment of accrued vacation. Members will have
limited recall rights pursuant to this agreement; however, the NEC
believes that it is reasonable to expect that only a fraction of those
who struck will in fact be reinstated.
The rejection of this offer will
mean that the strike will continue. AMFA's continuing representation of
the Northwest Technicians and Related Employees will depend on its
determination as to whether these employees truly support collective
representation.

Sincerely,

O.V. Delle-Femine

National Director

The last line is very interesting. With all that democracy that AMFA said it has, one would think that there would be recalls given the failure at UAL and the career holocaust at NWA. AMFA NOW????

Could he be throwing in the towel??????

Would the TWU have brought back a contract in which 50% of its members lost their jobs while the rest took 25% paycuts?

Would you have voted yes to that?

Your taking things out of context Bill.

If NW mechanics crawl back after walking off the job and not accepting those terms then all their sacrifices will have been for naught.

They were making a point. We don't need NW, NW needs us. If NW does not need the AMT's than why go back-find something better. I don't stay where I'm not wanted. The majority of these AMT's are people with marketable skills. They will, and I'm sure most have, find better employment elsewhere.

I agree with Mr. Delle-Femine's conclusion. To vote yes would be a vote to hurt the craft. NW can find somebody else to work their jets.

What's there to take out of context?

The same,ignorant comments I hear over and over from AMFA lovers. Go spew your crap to the guy who has a wife and 4 kids to take care of. He went from something to nothing just like that. And don't give me that crap about finding a better job. There aren't too many better AMT (and other) jobs out there in this industry . Just another line of bs.

What I find interestnig is that those who support AMFA can find all kinds of fault in the other unions but when it come to looking at yourselves, there is nothing wrong. The proof is in the Christmas pudding my friend! Hey, I know let's nickname Delle, Mr. Scrooge. Kind of fits doesn't it??? Here sir, your pink slip just in time for Christmas. At least Scrooge's employees didn't lose their jobs!!!!

Hey Genius, NWA DID find someone else to work their jets.........thanks to AMFA!!!

I suppose Bill and others would rather propagate more "WITHOUT FURTHER RATIFICATION" Industry Leading Concession contracts while the International President Sonny Hall claims Jim Little executed the ultimate leadership role and showed great courage and has since been promoted to TWU Executitive Vice President.

I am still waiting on my Ballot with Jim Little's name as a Candidate for Union Office. Any ballot for any Office.

This man made his way from AA Management directly into a seat negotiating our labor agreements, signed off on a contract that took us back 40 years without further membership ratification, and then was promoted to International VP. Not once has a member been given a ballot to vote on this sell out company man, and the TWU Stooges have the nerve to attack the Leader of another organization. B) That is amazing to say the least.

Talk about complaining about other organizations while failing to correct your own corrupt organization. The TWU and the Sheep Stooges take that cake in the industry hands down.

You forgot to answer the big question goofus,

"WOULD YOU HAVE VOTED IN FAVOR OF A CONTRACT THAT LAID-OFF 53% percent of the membership, while those that were left working took 26% paycut?"

Can you answer that question please?

Given a National Mediation Board ballot today with a choice of TWU or AMFA, I would still vote for AMFA.

Don't forget there Billdo, the AMFA Members have a recall procedure to remove Delle, and within 3 years will be given a ballot to vote for or against the man. Can you still not see the difference?

"WOULD YOU HAVE VOTED IN FAVOR OF A CONTRACT THAT LAID-OFF 53% percent of the membership, while those that were left working took 26% paycut?"

The salient point. I'd like to know the answer as well, and this applies to all AMT's.

After going through a half dozen back and forths with a prolific PIT mech AMFA bashing poster at US ( hint: He can't ever seem to find his "shift" key and his post content is 93 percent fluff and smart-a** remarks ) Never could, would, will answer.

So, what's the answer? Is it about the craft, or is it a Brand X or Brand Y thing?

I feel real sure that Bill and the other TWU Stooges' honest answer would be, "it depends on where I am on the seniority list, if I still have a job brother, YES, if i don't, NO"

How about a Jim Little without further ratification agreement that caimms to save jobs in exchange for industy leading pay and benefit cuts, but then by use of unprotected TWA LLC Mechanics and DIED, FIRED, TERMINATED, and RESIGNATIONS, the headcount still drops by 45%?

WOW, now that is UNION SUCCESS to be a stooge defender about now ain't it?

I suppose Bill and others would rather propagate more "WITHOUT FURTHER RATIFICATION" Industry Leading Concession contracts while the International President Sonny Hall claims Jim Little executed the ultimate leadership role and showed great courage and has since been promoted to TWU Executitive Vice President.

I am still waiting on my Ballot with Jim Little's name as a Candidate for Union Office. Any ballot for any Office.

This man made his way from AA Management directly into a seat negotiating our labor agreements, signed off on a contract that took us back 40 years without further membership ratification, and then was promoted to International VP. Not once has a member been given a ballot to vote on this sell out company man, and the TWU Stooges have the nerve to attack the Leader of another organization. B) That is amazing to say the least.

Talk about complaining about other organizations while failing to correct your own corrupt organization. The TWU and the Sheep Stooges take that cake in the industry hands down.

You forgot to answer the big question goofus,

Given a National Mediation Board ballot today with a choice of TWU or AMFA, I would still vote for AMFA.

Don't forget there Billdo, the AMFA Members have a recall procedure to remove Delle, and within 3 years will be given a ballot to vote for or against the man. Can you still not see the difference?

You know informer, I have tried to avoid the latest total f-up of the amfa only due to respect to those who unfortunatley have had to endure the wake of amfa's stupidity. And yet you still would embrace amfa's ignorance here???? You have got to be kidding me.....!!!!! You could not even answer the post without trying to dredge the TWU through the mud......I still stand by the "FACT" informer, that Jim Little saved us from our own self interests. You can rant about your without further ratification all you want, but in the end your beloved amfa "FAILED" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have had to go back and edit my post because I would like to recognize what you have little comprehension of is the fact that Jim Little is a true UNIONIST.... He has taken alot of heat from misguided individuals such as informer and the like. Hell even Delle himself knew he did not have the charisma to debate Mr. Little over the representational issue that informer and his ilk had so desperately persued at AA...With that latest amfa fiasco, is the delle fem dissappering act about to go into full swing????........

The same,ignorant comments I hear over and over from AMFA lovers. Go spew your crap to the guy who has a wife and 4 kids to take care of. He went from something to nothing just like that. And don't give me that crap about finding a better job. There aren't too many better AMT (and other) jobs out there in this industry . Just another line of bs.

What I find interestnig is that those who support AMFA can find all kinds of fault in the other unions but when it come to looking at yourselves, there is nothing wrong. The proof is in the Christmas pudding my friend! Hey, I know let's nickname Delle, Mr. Scrooge. Kind of fits doesn't it??? Here sir, your pink slip just in time for Christmas. At least Scrooge's employees didn't lose their jobs!!!!

Hey Genius, NWA DID find someone else to work their jets.........thanks to AMFA!!!

Not to worry you get to go home and thank the GODS of the ATD that you still have a job. No matter how much the twu gives away you can still go home and thank the twu for another day of work.
You knock AMFA because its members decided to stand up to a company that wanted way to much. Well not to worry AA and the twu will be knocking on the door for more work rule concessions. But guys like you wont tell them no.
Its guys like you that will say at least we have a job SISTER so go put your panties back on and get to work.

So keep knocking the AMFA at least they got a pair. Unlike the twu who save your job at the exspense of your pay and your benefits not to mention the salaries of upper management.You keep giving and they keep taking wash that big L off your forehead dude :down:

You know informer, I have tried to avoid the latest total f-up of the amfa only due to respect to those who unfortunatley have had to endure the wake of amfa's stupidity. And yet you still would embrace amfa's ignorance here???? You have got to be kidding me.....!!!!! You could not even answer the post without trying to dredge the TWU through the mud......I still stand by the "FACT" informer, that Jim Little saved us from our own self interests. You can rant about your without further ratification all you want, but in the end your beloved amfa "FAILED" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have had to go back and edit my post because I would like to recognize what you have little comprehension of is the fact that Jim Little is a true UNIONIST.... He has taken alot of heat from misguided individuals such as informer and the like. Hell even Delle himself knew he did not have the charisma to debate Mr. Little over the representational issue that informer and his ilk had so desperately persued at AA...With that latest amfa fiasco, is the delle fem dissappering act about to go into full swing????........

The twu has been failing you for the last 15 years you are just to ignorant to realize it.
Now go home and thank the ATD that you are still employed.
And be ready to take more concessions or else you will be replaced by scabs

SISTER
:p

Not to worry you get to go home and thank the GODS of the ATD that you still have a job. No matter how much the twu gives away you can still go home and thank the twu for another day of work.
You knock AMFA because its members decided to stand up to a company that wanted way to much. Well not to worry AA and the twu will be knocking on the door for more work rule concessions. But guys like you wont tell them no.
Its guys like you that will say at least we have a job SISTER so go put your panties back on and get to work.

So keep knocking the AMFA at least they got a pair. Unlike the twu who save your job at the exspense of your pay and your benefits not to mention the salaries of upper management.You keep giving and they keep taking wash that big L off your forehead dude :down:
The twu has been failing you for the last 15 years you are just to ignorant to realize it.
Now go home and thank the ATD that you are still employed.
And be ready to take more concessions or else you will be replaced by scabs

SISTER
:p

15 yrs????? You guys just can't keep your story straight. One minute it is 15yrs. then it is 25yrs. then before you know it is 40yrs. "Make up your mind" :blink: The way I see it amfa has set a whole new record :shock: :shock:

New Slogan:

amfa :blink: De-Unionizing America....... :shock: :shock:

Talk about there in lala land. You are so inbred with the TWU form of unionism, you still seperate the amfa member from amfa the union.

You wear one of those t-shirts around the Tulsa base that claims "I am the Union" yet, you continously place the members seperate from the organization. How does that work? You are the union, but the union leader has to save you from yourself? Is that a new book on how to run a union that I need to read?

HEY STUPID! The MEMBERS VOTED TO STRIKE! REMEMBER?

If you call unionism being saved from ourselves and a great Unionist, one who refuses to allow membership ratification of labor agreements then it is no wonder organized labor is in the tank and nobody wants to join unions anymore. That is more like Communism and Red Blooded American Workers should reject such activity.

By the Way, AMFA has not failed! AMFA still represents more AMT's in the industry than the TWU.

The AMFA idea is to get all Mechanics in ONE union and attempt to stop the assault on the profession and the middle class worker. Has not even been tried, because fear mongering cowards such as yourself are always eager to volunteer your services for less without even a fight. So AMFA could not have possibly failed if it has not been tried.

I'll bet you are even on one of those leadership teams trying your best to to create another $500 Million without a guarantee of anything in return. So we gave up $320 million in concessions without further ratification, 45% of the membership now gone through lay-offs and attrition, and now you bang the drum for another $500 million. What are you getting in return for all these concession?

You trust Carmine Romano like he is your brother, and he was one of the 46 recipients of the Special Retention Bonus that was hidden during concession negotiations. Tell us why Carty had to leave over that issue, yet you will follow Romano and do whatever he ask, even though nothing has been promised in return in writing?

You even attempt to place a ban on the thread regarding TWU failures. Why is that? You want a one-sided AMFA bashing debate? You want to bury your head in the sand and pretend the TWU has not screwed you? OK GO AHEAD, but I refuse!

I could go on and on, but I am busy getting myself prepared for life after AA.

What about you High Speed Steel, what would be your vote the NWA imposed working conditions? NOT AMFA imposed mind you, Northwest Airline Management Imposed working conditions?

Now repeat after me....

Jim Little saved us from ourselves

We are too stupid to be given a ballot

If the guy with the wife and four kids crossed and went to work for NW he would have given validity to your comments.
If the same guy did not cross he would have made your comments seem moronic.
In my view the vast majority of the mechanics at NW stated firmly their agreement or disagreement with their union's actions by either crossing the line or not.
Anything else is BS.

If the guy with the wife and four kids crossed and went to work for NW he would have given validity to your comments.
If the same guy did not cross he would have made your comments seem moronic.
In my view the vast majority of the mechanics at NW stated firmly their agreement or disagreement with their union's actions by either crossing the line or not.
Anything else is BS.

Oh come on now,

Delle could have signed off on industry leading concessions without letting the membership vote, forced those guys to keep working. 53% would hit the street via lay-off and the rest would take a 26% paycut and this would have saved them from themselves like Jim Little saved us at AA.

Then the mechanic wouldn't have had to make that decision to cross or not to cross, and could camouflage the working cowards calling themselves union men wearing t-shirts with slogans and pretending to be real union men.

Satire of Course

Talk about there in lala land. You are so inbred with the TWU form of unionism, you still seperate the amfa member from amfa the union.

You wear one of those t-shirts around the Tulsa base that claims "I am the Union" yet, you continously place the members seperate from the organization. How does that work? You are the union, but the union leader has to save you from yourself? Is that a new book on how to run a union that I need to read?

HEY STUPID! The MEMBERS VOTED TO STRIKE! REMEMBER?

If you call unionism being saved from ourselves and a great Unionist, one who refuses to allow membership ratification of labor agreements then it is no wonder organized labor is in the tank and nobody wants to join unions anymore. That is more like Communism and Red Blooded American Workers should reject such activity.

By the Way, AMFA has not failed! AMFA still represents more AMT's in the industry than the TWU.

The AMFA idea is to get all Mechanics in ONE union and attempt to stop the assault on the profession and the middle class worker. Has not even been tried, because fear mongering cowards such as yourself are always eager to volunteer your services for less without even a fight. So AMFA could not have possibly failed if it has not been tried.

I'll bet you are even on one of those leadership teams trying your best to to create another $500 Million without a guarantee of anything in return. So we gave up $320 million in concessions without further ratification, 45% of the membership now gone through lay-offs and attrition, and now you bang the drum for another $500 million. What are you getting in return for all these concession?

You trust Carmine Romano like he is your brother, and he was one of the 46 recipients of the Special Retention Bonus that was hidden during concession negotiations. Tell us why Carty had to leave over that issue, yet you will follow Romano and do whatever he ask, even though nothing has been promised in return in writing?

You even attempt to place a ban on the thread regarding TWU failures. Why is that? You want a one-sided AMFA bashing debate? You want to bury your head in the sand and pretend the TWU has not screwed you? OK GO AHEAD, but I refuse!

I could go on and on, but I am busy getting myself prepared for life after AA.

What about you High Speed Steel, what would be your vote the NWA imposed working conditions? NOT AMFA imposed mind you, Northwest Airline Management Imposed working conditions?

Now repeat after me....

Ok informer, I guess you win I will cry uncle here and declare myself as "diputs".....?????

I took the bait.... :blink:

I chose to retain an honest living, Medical Insurance, Vacations for my family, non-rev travel, Maintained a roof over my head, ability to save for my childrens education,"RETIREMENT", and a peace of mind that my own selfe interests did not harm my fellow "UNION" brothers and sisters by denying them of the same benefits by being an "elitist jagoff" :shock:

Oh yea, diputs, is "stupid" spelled backwards......Join a real Union, you will be alot happier ;)

Latest posts