Famous Last Words......

Oh yeah informer, You said that the amfa members could decide in 3yrs. on their leaders fate.......Are you sure there will be anyone left to make that decision when that opportunity is available?????

AMFA's policy has always been to remain neutral in the ratification of a
contract. In this instance the NWA imposed contract is so severe and
detrimental to our craft we feel compelled to deviate from our policy
and advise you that a majority of the NEC feels its ratification would
be a grave disservice to our members. This imposed contract is by far
the worst contract in the history of airline labor. However, we firmly
believe that the dedicated AMFA members who chose to strike rather than
live under the terms of the NWA imposed contract have the right to vote
on this offer of settlement.

This is the biggest crock of propaganda I have ever read. Do they actually believe this crap? Do you guys believe that this is a sincere statement or a bunch of horse shet? If I were an AMFA AMT on strike and you put threw this in my face I would have to walk across the picket line just for spite and to hell with the union.

This is the biggest crock of propaganda I have ever read. Do they actually believe this crap? Do you guys believe that this is a sincere statement or a bunch of horse shet? If I were an AMFA AMT on strike and you put threw this in my face I would have to walk across the picket line just for spite and to hell with the union.

I thought you already were a scab crossing the line?

We know you do not need a reason. So why the play on this thread?

Ok informer, I guess you win I will cry uncle here and declare myself as "diputs".....?????

I took the bait.... :blink:

I chose to retain an honest living, Medical Insurance, Vacations for my family, non-rev travel, Maintained a roof over my head, ability to save for my childrens education,"RETIREMENT", and a peace of mind that my own selfe interests did not harm my fellow "UNION" brothers and sisters by denying them of the same benefits by being an "elitist jagoff" :shock:

Oh yea, diputs, is "stupid" spelled backwards......Join a real Union, you will be alot happier ;)

That reply is so intellegent and truthful it makes me laugh.

The funnyiest part is you earning an honest living. How many hours do you spend working/producing in a single day?

You also never answered what your vote would be on the NWA imposed working conditions?

You and the SCAB "play the odds" think so much alike, you deserve to be answered in the same response as he.

Go crawl back under Carmine's desk and come up with another $100 million in exchange for nothing, will ya?

I thought you already were a scab crossing the line?
We know you do not need a reason. So why the play on this thread?

That is a what if scenario for me and is reality for hundreds of AMFA AMT's that have already crossed and the other hundreds that would like to cross.

Instead of ridiculing me why don't you just answer the questions? Or are you afraid of the answers? The AMFA Boys know the answers, they might not like them but they have learned to face them.

15 yrs????? You guys just can't keep your story straight. One minute it is 15yrs. then it is 25yrs. then before you know it is 40yrs. "Make up your mind" :blink: The way I see it amfa has set a whole new record :shock: :shock:

New Slogan:

amfa :blink: De-Unionizing America....... :shock: :shock:

Does the time frame really matter no matter how you look at it the twu has negotiated a concessionary contract every time for the last 20 years at AA
That is a fact. Give back after giveback.
The AMFA said enough is enough the twu rolls over and keeps collecting dues money for representation that aint worth richard
Now put your panties on and get back to work :p

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!! Same ole song and dance. THE IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE. It started back when AMFA's leaders were chanting BK, BK, BK. Then strike, strike, strike. Blood from a turnip right??

Would I vote for that contract? No I wouldn't. But what I would do is not the issue here. The NWA AMFA members are screwed either way. That is what has me so pissed off. AMFA leaders continue their vigilante approach to everything without looking at what effect it has on the members future. You can call me whatever names you choose but it will not change the fact that AMFA has screwed up and screwed up big this time. Like Delle's letter said, there won't be any recalls for these folks. So this comment from proamt ( "If NW mechanics crawl back after walking off the job and not accepting those terms then all their sacrifices will have been for naught."), let me ask this, do they even have something to crawl back to?????

THE DAMAGE HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE!!!

A big and constant complaint by AA's TWU-represented mechanics seems to be the TWU's habit of denying the members a chance to vote on contracts. "Without further ratification" is constantly posted.

Question: Didn't something similar happen to NW AMFA members?

When AMFA's leadership called a strike Aug. 19, there were about 4,100 AMFA mechanics, cleaners and custodians on Northwest's payroll. The airline offered to retain 2,750 mechanics, but those AMFA members would have seen 25 percent pay cuts. Northwest proposed to eliminate the remaining mechanic jobs, as well as all of the cleaner and custodian positions. The carrier offered up to 26 weeks of severance for those who'd lose their jobs.

But AMFA's leadership did not put that August offer up for a vote by the membership. The rank-and-file also did not get to vote on a September offer that would have saved 1,080 mechanics jobs, or on an October proposal from Northwest that would have kept more than 500 AMFA members on the job.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/1778/5783262.html

Seems kinda paternalistic for AMFA to not put those offers up for a member vote. Only now (that the offer is to put all remaining strikers out of work) is the leadership giving the members a chance to vote on an offer. And what a sorry offer.

A big and constant complaint by AA's TWU-represented mechanics seems to be the TWU's habit of denying the members a chance to vote on contracts. "Without further ratification" is constantly posted.

Question: Didn't something similar happen to NW AMFA members?
http://www.startribune.com/stories/1778/5783262.html

Seems kinda paternalistic for AMFA to not put those offers up for a member vote. Only now (that the offer is to put all remaining strikers out of work) is the leadership giving the members a chance to vote on an offer. And what a sorry offer.

I will agree that the membership should have voted on the companies last offer, but there never was an "agreement", there were imposed working conditions.

I still see a difference between a tentative agreement being signed off without further ratification, and membership vote on companies final offer without negotiators agreement.

Can you see the difference?

Even if one were to conclude that these situations are the same, the next difference is a member ballot in hand to vote for or against the AMFA National leader as protest for being denied the vote, while the TWU leader is there for life and bullet proof from disgruntled members.

Can you see that difference?

This difference in fact is why the AMFA movement has been evolving since 1963. It never was and never has been about pajama parties, Bankruptcy Courts, or Lay-offs and base closures, it has always been about membership control of the union and our own destiny. Even the TWU stooge admits they like the leadership "saving us from ourselves" dictator rule. I personally despise this type of leadership and think it should hardly be called UNIONISM to begin with.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!! Same ole song and dance. THE IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE. It started back when AMFA's leaders were chanting BK, BK, BK. Then strike, strike, strike. Blood from a turnip right??

Would I vote for that contract? No I wouldn't. But what I would do is not the issue here. The NWA AMFA members are screwed either way. That is what has me so pissed off. AMFA leaders continue their vigilante approach to everything without looking at what effect it has on the members future. You can call me whatever names you choose but it will not change the fact that AMFA has screwed up and screwed up big this time. Like Delle's letter said, there won't be any recalls for these folks. So this comment from proamt ( "If NW mechanics crawl back after walking off the job and not accepting those terms then all their sacrifices will have been for naught."), let me ask this, do they even have something to crawl back to?????

THE DAMAGE HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE!!!

If you wouldnt have voted for the contract then what would be the alternative.

You blast the AMFA and the effect on the members future but
they had no alternetive. You yourself said you wouldnt have voted on that TA the only alternative is to SCAB OR STRIKE. :shock:

AA will be back for more then what will you do :blink:
My bet is keep on giving it is what the twu does best. :down:

If you wouldnt have voted for the contract then what would be the alternative.

You blast the AMFA and the effect on the members future but
they had no alternetive. You yourself said you wouldnt have voted on that TA the only alternative is to SCAB OR STRIKE. :shock:

AA will be back for more then what will you do :blink:
My bet is keep on giving it is what the twu does best. :down:
Like AMFA at UAL?