Famous Last Words......

NO like TWU at AA for the last 22 years
It depends on one's perspective. When I was at EAL, the employees would have loved to have had what AA employees had back then. In fact, our arugument was, "if AA can pay that much why can't EAL?" The same thing is being said today by some A&Ps from UAL, NW, US, and DL. They are wondering why their company can't pay the hourly wage AA pays their AMTs, why they lost their pension and retirement medical while AA employees still have theirs, and why their work is outsourced to third party vendors while AA does theirs in house. Too bad you did not get on with UA or NW.

It depends on one's perspective. When I was at EAL, the employees would have loved to have had what AA employees had back then. In fact, our arugument was, "if AA can pay that much why can't EAL?" The same thing is being said today by some A&Ps from UAL, NW, US, and DL. They are wondering why their company can't pay the hourly wage AA pays their AMTs, why they lost their pension and retirement medical while AA employees still have theirs, and why their work is outsourced to third party vendors while AA does theirs in house. Too bad you did not get on with UA or NW.

AA is not the envy of the industry. Southwest, UPS, FEDEX, maybe, but not AA. You are so biased in your company butt kiss views you cannot see the truth. You really think those folks would like to have OSM payrates, and Mechanics not getting compensation for A&P licenses?

AA is not the envy of the industry. Southwest, UPS, FEDEX, maybe, but not AA. You are so biased in your company butt kiss views you cannot see the truth. You really think those folks would like to have OSM payrates, and Mechanics not getting compensation for A&P licenses?
So how much do the overhaul mechanics at those wonderful airlines get paid?

FedEx can't or won't even afford the payscale the amts make in Tulsa. FedEx goes to Tempco (sp?).

As long as you won't answer this basic question and are still at AA, not at those wonderful other places...

So how much do the overhaul mechanics at those wonderful airlines get paid?

FedEx can't or won't even afford the payscale the amts make in Tulsa. FedEx goes to Tempco (sp?).

As long as you won't answer this basic question and are still at AA, not at those wonderful other places...

Just wait a few years and Overhaul will be seperated from Line and then we will talk again about your superior TWU thought process. The TWU 22 years concession record will be extended to 30 years plus.

BTW, Southwest pays Overhaul Mechanics Quite well thank you.

I see the truth in what happened to AMFA at NWA; obviously you can't handle the truth.
Southwest, UPS, and FEDEX have about only 1,500 mechanics each because they contract out almost all their heavy overhaul. Do you think that they will want to continue to pay their aircraft mechanics $35-$40/hr when they see that they can get them for $28/hr like NW? And like NW, they would have no problems replacing that relatively small number if they chose to do so. They will do exactly what NW did. If you want to follow the Southwest,UPS, FEDEX model at AA, I sure hope you are in the top 2000 of the seniority list.

Just wait a few years and Overhaul will be seperated from Line and then we will talk again about your superior TWU thought process. The TWU 22 years concession record will be extended to 30 years plus.

I agree that overhaul could very well be spun off leaving just the line stations with a couple thousand AMTs. But guess what, you will have lost your strength in numbers just like the NW mechanics did meaning PTO and his scab friends may make it to AA afterall. How many applications for aircraft mechanics do Southwest, UPS, and FEDEX have on file? 1,000? 5,000? 10,000? How many of those 1,500 retire or quit per year? One has a better shot at winning the lottery. The fact is that there is a glut of aircraft mechanics. This is proven in that there were laid off AMTs from other airlines that scabbed at NW. The NWA AMTs were replaced. Should you follow in their footsteps, AA can and will replace you just as easily.

Yeah pay their mechanics 28/hr(overtime rate), so they can have media reports of tires falling off,engine explosions,hydraulic failures,electrical fires, emergency landings with the occasional aircraft crash. I'm sure Southwest,UPS,and Fed-Ex would love publicity like that. How soon much longer will AA continue to pay 25$hr plus for bag smashers when they can get it outsourced for $10/hr,aafsc? Truth is,there are thousands of people coming over the horizon to throw bags for $10/hr, so there is kind of a glut of bag smashers right now. In fact there are so many people out there that want to throw bags, AA could rotate whole new crews every couple of weeks and wouldn't miss a beat.

Just using your scab mentality,AAfsc.

I agree that overhaul could very well be spun off leaving just the line stations with a couple thousand AMTs. But guess what, you will have lost your strength in numbers just like the NW mechanics did meaning PTO and his scab friends may make it to AA afterall. How many applications for aircraft mechanics do Southwest, UPS, and FEDEX have on file? 1,000? 5,000? 10,000? How many of those 1,500 retire or quit per year? One has a better shot at winning the lottery. The fact is that there is a glut of aircraft mechanics. This is proven in that there were laid off AMTs from other airlines that scabbed at NW. The NWA AMTs were replaced. Should you follow in their footsteps, AA can and will replace you just as easily.

If I have TWU Strength in numbers as you say, then why has the AMT profession at AA suffered 22 years of concessions? Why did we take $620 Million in concessions without further ratification?

I guess we have "strength in numbers" but no leaders with the balls to use it?

Industrial Unionism "strength in numbers" is a bigger farce than the AFL-CIO "community of labor" claim.

If ALL MECHANICS in the industry would join the AMFA then there may actually be a real strength in numbers.

The TWU needs to come up with a new t-shirt with slogan about strength in numbers, that way the Tulsa cowards can pretend it is real.

Oh and dont forget, many of the Eastern and PanAm Mechanics are at AA making that fantastic strength in numbers top pay. That proves that long term your philosophy and stupid knot logic ideas are simply lies and dumbfounded fear mongering

Yeah pay their mechanics 28/hr(overtime rate), so they can have media reports of tires falling off,engine explosions,hydraulic failures,electrical fires, emergency landings with the occasional aircraft crash. I'm sure Southwest,UPS,and Fed-Ex would love publicity like that. How soon much longer will AA continue to pay 25$hr plus for bag smashers when they can get it outsourced for $10/hr,aafsc? Truth is,there are thousands of people coming over the horizon to throw bags for $10/hr, so there is kind of a glut of bag smashers right now. In fact there are so many people out there that want to throw bags, AA could rotate whole new crews every couple of weeks and wouldn't miss a beat.

Just using your scab mentality,AAfsc.
You are correct Princess, I am replaceable with someone who is willing to work for less. This has been proven when AA outsourced RNO, PDX,CVG, CLE, and on and on. If AA replaces me, so be it. I feel pretty confident that I can go into another line of employment and make the same amount or more starting.
By the way Princess, top pay for ramp at AA is about $20/hr not $25/hr. Southwest gets $25/hr.

Where are the numbers$$$$$

If I have TWU Strength in numbers as you say, then why has the AMT profession at AA suffered 22 years of concessions? Why did we take $620 Million in concessions without further ratification?

I guess we have "strength in numbers" but no leaders with the balls to use it?

Industrial Unionism "strength in numbers" is a bigger farce than the AFL-CIO "community of labor" claim.

If ALL MECHANICS in the industry would join the AMFA then there may actually be a real strength in numbers.

The TWU needs to come up with a new t-shirt with slogan about strength in numbers, that way the Tulsa cowards can pretend it is real.

Oh and dont forget, many of the Eastern and PanAm Mechanics are at AA making that fantastic strength in numbers top pay. That proves that long term your philosophy and stupid knot logic ideas are simply lies and dumbfounded fear mongering
When I read your absurd posts, it makes me wish that AA had filed bankruptcy. That way I could watch people like you lose your $31/hr job, loose your pension, lose your house and everything else. We had a guy at EAL that talked just like you. He had a loud mouth and would go on and on and on about how EAL sucked and how we had to shut it down and take no more concessions. Guess what, that loud mouth scabbed right accross the picket line. I wonder how many are just like him and did what he did at NW.
If you would have read my post carefully, when I said "strength in numbers", I did not mean it with regards to industrial unionism or the TWU, I meant it with the AMTs and only the AMTs in the bases. Would it hurt AA more if 11,000 mechanics walked out at once or 2,000?

I cannot stand the ignorance in the profession!

Stooges win this debate.

We are better off giving away more pay and benefits to save jobs.

We are better off not being allowed to obtain ratification ballots on changes to our labor agreement. We must be saved from ourselves.

We are better off allowing Airline Corporate Exec's play us against each other in a race to lower labor cost instead of being united into one union.

We are better off providing $500 million in productivity improvements via pajama parties without any written guarantees of more food on our table.

We are better off partnering with recipients of the hidden Retention Bonuses that were exposed only after vote tabulated.

We are better off giving our ideas on dollar savings for free rather than be compensated for those via a suggestion or ideas program.

We are better off wearing t-shirts with slogans than to really stand together against the rich attacks on the middle class.

We are better off to fear being replaced so that we do not have to take a stand against a dismal record of 20 plus years of concessions.

We are better off not to speak out against failures of the current organized labor leadership than to be called a loud mouth that will ruin our measley paychecks and paid time off.

We are better to never see the big picture and simply be told to tow the union part line than to question anything that is currently happening within the profession.

Yep, stooges win, we are far better off this way.

We are just plain lucky to have a job brother.

Latest posts