Fleet Service apathy

Stock Clerk, and here we go again, what does one's classification have to to with their level of experience, education and knowledge?

Its amazing when I tell you that phl will need their own in house attorney just for your AGC up there, you start thumping your own chest. And no I didnt state that members who vote for lc,s are dumb. I was trying to make a point that you probably chose him because he was the lc and you know he can pull you the votes. Go ahead and admit on this forum for us all to read that you think George Austin is the best qualified person out of phl to be AGC. I want everyone to be able to go back and read it at a later date that you stated that. How many more current lc do you have on your ticket with US Airways side. Ive read where people have asked you to post their experience ( not yours!!!! THEIRS) for the members to see. And you just post their position. Why dont you talk about how many people on your ticket have experience at the step 2 and 3 level of the grievance p;rocess. Or if they have even done any??? But yet you want to say they are qualified for AGC. What a joke!!!!!Make sure you coach them well on what you want them to say, because as soon as some of them get asked a question that you havent told them how to answer, they are going to show everyone just how experienced they are. Tim, if you wanted to build solidarity, and you felt all these problems with US Airways, where were you up until now?? I didnt see any of these issues posted until you were fired from your job. Why did you not try and rally the troops to address these issues a long time ago. And dont say you were busy doing your district job, thats not a good enough reason for the guys you are bashing on here. You preach solidarity and change only at election time. Did you ever call any of the chairman across the system while you were in the district office and try to rally the troops for a meeting with Delaney. My guess would be no. Do you bother standing up for the 3 AGC,s that are currently doing the work of 5, and working their _ _ _ off for the members. No you just bash them and talk about how theyve been bought. If you think you couldnt have gone to the agc,s because they were bought off, then why not go to the chairman, maybe some chairman from around the system can get on here and say if you ever try to rally them for a show of solidarity and meet with delaney. OK Im done now, start thumping your chest again, and dont answer any of my questions!!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE, TAKE OFF THE BLINDERS, WE WILL BE TAKING 5 STEPS BACKWARDS WITH THIS GUYS TICKET.
Are you trying to imply we shouldn't trust the pseudo-Marxian rants of a man what comes around only in election season?

Stock Clerk, and here we go again, what does one's classification have to to with their level of experience, education and knowledge?
A stock clerk who never did, and never will work under a shoddy fleet cba.......go figure....

Its amazing when I tell you that phl will need their own in house attorney just for your AGC up there, you start thumping your own chest. And no I didnt state that members who vote for lc,s are dumb. I was trying to make a point that you probably chose him because he was the lc and you know he can pull you the votes. Go ahead and admit on this forum for us all to read that you think George Austin is the best qualified person out of phl to be AGC. I want everyone to be able to go back and read it at a later date that you stated that. How many more current lc do you have on your ticket with US Airways side. Ive read where people have asked you to post their experience ( not yours!!!! THEIRS) for the members to see. And you just post their position. Why dont you talk about how many people on your ticket have experience at the step 2 and 3 level of the grievance p;rocess. Or if they have even done any??? But yet you want to say they are qualified for AGC. What a joke!!!!!Make sure you coach them well on what you want them to say, because as soon as some of them get asked a question that you havent told them how to answer, they are going to show everyone just how experienced they are. Tim, if you wanted to build solidarity, and you felt all these problems with US Airways, where were you up until now?? I didnt see any of these issues posted until you were fired from your job. Why did you not try and rally the troops to address these issues a long time ago. And dont say you were busy doing your district job, thats not a good enough reason for the guys you are bashing on here. You preach solidarity and change only at election time. Did you ever call any of the chairman across the system while you were in the district office and try to rally the troops for a meeting with Delaney. My guess would be no. Do you bother standing up for the 3 AGC,s that are currently doing the work of 5, and working their _ _ _ off for the members. No you just bash them and talk about how theyve been bought. If you think you couldnt have gone to the agc,s because they were bought off, then why not go to the chairman, maybe some chairman from around the system can get on here and say if you ever try to rally them for a show of solidarity and meet with delaney. OK Im done now, start thumping your chest again, and dont answer any of my questions!!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE, TAKE OFF THE BLINDERS, WE WILL BE TAKING 5 STEPS BACKWARDS WITH THIS GUYS TICKET.
who are you? If you are going to mention someone's name like you did like George Austin, then I think it is fundamentally unfair to do it behind his back on this site unless you mention your real name??? When I challenge folks or mention them, at least they know it's me and they can refute what I say or debate it with me and know who I am.
When you say that George can get votes, doesn't that mean that his members understand that he is running for AGC? I don't think his members are stupid.

Where were you, I see you just posted your 2nd post so your reason for being here is strictly political. All you have had to offer are attacks on me and now the Local Chairman in PHL. I know where I have been, I think I've posted like 2,000 post and you can go all the way back where I was fighting the belief system of the IAM when I told everyone that the 1113 letters were fraud and didn't protect squat, and when I told folks that the IAM pension was NOT truly a guaranteed system.

The only time I wasn't here was when I was absolutely swamped doing my job for you on your dime and was successful enough to bring in 17,000 people into this union as the Director of Organizing. Manning that whole department was a 24/7 chore that was separate from the representation department. I couldn't possibly babysit the AGC's, much less the local chairman, I was on the mission field in battle trying to fight to keep this union and fight to enlarge it. Let me be clear about one thing, I am not superman and I can't be at two places at one time. Splitting my focus when I was out in the field fighting against Ford & Harrison and the Teamsters would have been neither wise or successful.

Onward www.occupyiam141.com

regards,

Lets see you got your first CBA in 1999, then in 2002 and 2004 US filed Chapter 11 cases and you took three rounds of concessions.

Dont let those facts get in your way.

Your fellow Fleet members ratified every concession that came your way.

The West was dangled a big carrot with a fat raise and the post merger CBA was passed.

Unless you havent noticed since 9/11 just about all the airlines employees took concessions, lost jobs and many airlines went out of business.

I guess 9/11, SARS, Iraq war and skyrocketing fuel prices had nothing to do with the state of the financials of the airlines.

You have never been in negotiations, half the time your sit in a room and you dont even meet with the company.

And having a lawyer who knows nothing about airlines and its workers Contract Language wont help a thing.

So US and UA are in negotiations, where does your one lawyer go? What if there is an arbitration case too?

And one lawyer cant handle the case load of how many airlines are in a district, and all the important grievances, see if you actually took the time to see what really goes on you might learn something.

And no lawyer is going to work 14 hour days for $85,000 a year, plus you need support staff, paralegals, etc...
Why do you presume that an in-house attorney isn't going to know about RLA language? No, we don't need paralegals, and no other union needs paralegals when they have professionals on staff. Our AGC's will do just fine investigating grievances, and presenting grievances, especially with the added benefit of an in-house professional assisting them. AGC + Attorney > AGC + cell phone.

The attorney isn't going to be negotiating, he will simply be a valuable additional resource assisting me while in negotiations, etc. The company management has attorneys on their side and so should I. I'm not sure why we even have to continue discussing this. I think is is great to have professionals on staff. It's also an admission from me that, even though I have a masters education, that I don't have a law degree and that I am not a Philadelphia Attorney. Yes, I know, many AGC's think they are God after their two week 'agc schooling' at the IAM school of kool aid, but that's not good enough. I have found that the more education one has, the more they realize that they need more education and the more they understand that they ought to be surrounded by professionals. Does the establishment understand this?? HECK NO, it is going to upset their thinkings and the oppression in this union. What I am attempting to do is to install a whole new belief system in this great union because the current one should have been changed out the last century. Labor has regressed and it's not because of the Republicans, it's because labor is in sore need of being reinvented. THere is a reason why these airline jobs are no longer middle class and the only way we can bring the masses up from lower middle class is by installing a whole new belief system that abolishes the paternal structures that hold back all institutions in this day and age.

At any rate, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying when you say that an attorney can't possibly be at US AIRWAYS negotiations and United negotiations at the same time. Neither can I.

Onward www.occupyiam141.com

regards,

"Big Picture" Tim. Take a break Brother you are giving US a headache and getting WINDY. GO FISHING ! take a breath. You and the regulars on these blogs are giving us info that we lack right now from the current IAM leaders . But, YOU ALL are talking to your -selfs. Until the PCE election is over at UAL/CO in March its STATUS QUO . My hope is that the focus will then turn towards the LCC IAM Members and ALL of OUR issues system wide. If half the money is spent that has been spent on the UA/CO elections on our issues at LCC by the IAM, then WE have a chance for ALL to get a NEW CBA. When and IF this happens the APATHY towards the IAM will diminish system wide and I doubt YOU will be the President at D-141. Good Luck Tim.

A stock clerk who never did, and never will work under a shoddy fleet cba.......go figure....
I worked the ramp for UA in TPA before I went to work for Piedmont, so I was under a 141 CBA and worked air cargo for PI.

And after the merger I was in 141 and worked under the M&R CBA.

So, you never worked under a cba as a US fsa correct? I'm Sure what you had at UA was much better at that time..

At the time of the merger I transferred into maintenance, so I worked under the PPG when I was Air Cargo.

But I worked the job, so I know what it entails, I worked for the ramp for the original Midway Airlines too at LGA.

Then UA in TPA, then PI and of course US.

I was on the organizing campaign for Fleet and even in gave Buffenbarger hell when we were in MCO for a conference about the lack of progress for Fleet's CBA and I pissed off Ken Thiede who was DL 141 President at the time.

My fiance at the time was a fleet too.

Then got involved with the IAM and actually cared about my members.

One little correction to your biography...when the IAM was organizing Fleet , George Kourpias, was president, I personally talked to him and know allot of the garbage going down now would have never happened under his watch.

No correction, this was in 1998, Buffy had all ready taken over, you were organized in 95, when Kourpias was IP.

Tim I got to say that I don't always agree with everything you say but I just realized that you are the only person on all the pages that actually
post under your real name unless there really isn't a real Tim Nelson but I'm guessing you are real. I have to say that you have more creditably
than anyone else on here (including myself) . so for that you got my vote. But just one request you mentioned pages ago that if you were President you
would look at other avenues to invest in our retirement besides the IAMNPF I hope that's not just a campaign promise. Good luck to you

Its against US corporate policy to identify yourself as a US employee on a message board.

Tim I got to say that I don't always agree with everything you say but I just realized that you are the only person on all the pages that actually
post under your real name unless there really isn't a real Tim Nelson but I'm guessing you are real. I have to say that you have more creditably
than anyone else on here (including myself) . so for that you got my vote. But just one request you mentioned pages ago that if you were President you
would look at other avenues to invest in our retirement besides the IAMNPF I hope that's not just a campaign promise. Good luck to you
Thanks for your kind words baggage engineer.

As President, I am not convinced of the IAMPF to offer it as the only option for the brand new Continental rampers. I think we should keep it at United but maybe over retirement options so there can be a choice. US AIRWAYS workers, it's one thing to have management freeze your retirement but it's doubly immoral for the IAM Pension trustees to rob you of future accurals. It's a ponzie scheme like Social Security in the sense that those who are retiring are increasing while those who are contributing are decreasing. That said, I wouldn't want to abolish it since you guys are stuck with it. I think the present contributions to the plan shouldn't be increased since the IAM pension trustees could steal more of it. Sorta like Robin Hood reversed.

www.occupyiam141.com

regards,

Its against US corporate policy to identify yourself as a US employee on a message board.

I guess there will be a large number of openings at US based upon this message board alone... FSAs, MXs, FAs, Pilots, and probably a few managerial types. I am sure that it is a violation of Company policy to post anything about one's employer on the Internet unless it is hugs and kisses about Management, as well.

Probably a good idea to stay hidden, but I haven't seen the Company cracking-down on rank and file employees who could probably be figured-out. Better yet, the Company could get a court ordered subpeona to release our IP addresses in some corporate witch-hunt, and we can all play "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" with a class action suit!

So Hopes Jester.

Back