Fleet Service apathy

It's my understanding that the results are being kept confidential to not provide the company with an edge by knowing exactly what we want.
At some point the membership needs information to get the edge on the issues

It's my understanding that the results are being kept confidential to not provide the company with an edge by knowing exactly what we want.

Understood. However, keeping the results confidential from the membership, keeps us from determining if the Negotiating Committee is advancing the wishes of the membership or the committee. Disclosure to the membership outweighs giving the company an edge of knowing exactly what we want. The company is going to be resistent to anything we want wheather they know in advance or not.

I invite input from all on the following:
On a scale from one to ten, one being the lowest and ten being the highest, where would you rate the members' apathy level regarding issues surrounding the ongoing contract negotiations for the Fleet Service at US Airways in your station? It's time to start identifying the obstacles we need to overcome.
orgac

I'm getting tired about reading about "union officals" let's try and keep this thread focused on the contract instead of union poltics ...

its typical of you to say you dont care but hey you would be the first to scream for union for help when the company screws you. this company does more screwing than actually abiding by the actual contract

Reactions: 2 people
I'm getting tired about reading about "union officals" let's try and keep this thread focused on the contract instead of union poltics ...

Freedom,
I too am tired of the "politics" within this union. I believe it is counter productive to the common good of the membership. Although the IAM prides itself on being a democratic union too much time and effort is spent by both incumbent officers and potential candidates on defense and offense. In the long run the membership pays the price for it creates division within the masses. I can assure you the company loves this kind of division. In the end many members become apathetic and choose not to be involved. Sad state of affairs for all of us. We must change course!

Freedom,
I too am tired of the "politics" within this union. I believe it is counter productive to the common good of the membership. Although the IAM prides itself on being a democratic union too much time and effort is spent by both incumbent officers and potential candidates on defense and offense. In the long run the membership pays the price for it creates division within the masses. I can assure you the company loves this kind of division. In the end many members become apathetic and choose not to be involved. Sad state of affairs for all of us. We must change course!

any suggestion on how to change course

any suggestion on how to change course

I'm looking for input from everyone and anyone in the Fleet Service group on what we need to do to change course. This includes you Dog Wonder. How do we get to common ground to advance the best interests of the membership? Believe me, this is not an informercial, but a true invitation for input. We can't expect solidarity until we identify what divides us.
ograc

What divides is attacks on the union, and attempting to decertify if it would help individuals achieve personal glory.

If you don't think this is an infomercial, look at newbies throwing out their softball questions.

Is the Occupy 141 website up and running?
ograc

its typical of you to say you dont care but hey you would be the first to scream for union for help when the company screws you. this company does more screwing than actually abiding by the actual contract

i was of course only joking ... the thread is about apathy after all ...

For this round of negoations i intend to remain silent ... i was wrong about too many things last time , so now i'm just going to observe ..

What divides is attacks on the union, and attempting to decertify if it would help individuals achieve personal glory.

If you don't think this is an infomercial, look at newbies throwing out their softball questions.

Not intended to be a softball question. The last I checked the site had one page. Without revisiting it I was curious if anything more or meaningful had been added. Next to apathy i agree what divides us is a history of attacks on the union and our leadership. An apathetic membership is easily misinformed and mislead. Can this be rectified? If so how do we get there?

Wouldn't have worked out ograc. As I was organizing victories for our troops, I was coming home only to have Delaney cut deals against the people we organized and screw them over, and I didn't sign on to that. Delaney has absolutely destroyed each property and now management has NO respect at all for fleet. The AGC's flipped like pancakes on the members just like those who were in their position prior.

The union has alot of leverage at this time so if we clean up the deadwood we ought to be in great shape by signing each contract, your contract before any merger. To be clear, I am not going to enter transition talks at US AIRWAYS and waive off your wages and benefits like Delaney did over at United. I have no interest in helping management make a merger seamless unless and until all of our members are taken care of first. Once a union makes bed with management by walking into transitions......well, you already know what happened in 2008.

Onward Occupy 141

Tim

I heard some disturbing news today concerning organizing. it seems our beloved politicians on the hill inserted the 50% + 1 of the eligible voters rule into the recently passed FAA bill. not good for future organizing drives. not sure hoe this will affect the United PCE campaign. i feel a little sick.
ograc