Fleet Service apathy

I am not asking anyone to "out" another person... personally, I believe that people like SayWhat who are running on a ticket and advocating a position should identify themselves, as you are rather open about it yourself much to your credit. As I am not running for any union position, nor do I have any intentions in doing so because of other commitments (and for the conspiracy kooks within the Board, I am not in any way part of Management), I have no obligation to identify myself to the Membership.

Are people like PJ and SayWhat afraid that if we knew their names, we would not vote for them in the elections? They are probably right. I do not think the Membership would vote for any sycophant who continues to defend the indefensible.

So Condemns Jester.

Jester,

Are you drinking the Tim Nelson kool-aid? If he says he knows this or knows that you believe him? I support a grass roots awakening, not a ranter tearing this Union down. Not running for office and not drinking the Nelson kool-aid. Get sober, stop drinking kool-aid.

Jester,

Are you drinking the Tim Nelson kool-aid? If he says he knows this or knows that you believe him? I support a grass roots awakening, not a ranter tearing this Union down. Not running for office and not drinking the Nelson kool-aid. Get sober, stop drinking kool-aid.
I fully admit that I fully plan to tear down the 'good ole boy' paternal structure that has been installed since the early part of the last century. The "Daddy knows what is best for you" days need to be over. Not only tearing it down but installing a program called Occupy 141 that brings this oldtime union into this brave new world so that it has a chance at capturing the generations that can't connect with a structure of a different century. I fully admit that our membership will have a choice to make and the choice between me and Delaney could not be any sharper. We also need to reject his continual and false promises of bringing more US AIRWAYS representation and we need to focus on his actions of actually taking even one more US AIRWAYS spot and handing that to United. Saywhat is a nice fella but saywhat has cast his lot on the Delaney ballot and has signed on to support Delaney's action of stripping Saywhat's membership of one more US AIRWAYS position. Something is wrong with that and it's a true shame that Saywhat has cast his lot supporting less US AIRWAYS spots, but he did so by promoting himself and getting on Delaney's balot for personal gain. Look, I don't mind challenging Saywhat publically face to face, In fact I would love to. So, any day you are ready Saywhat, I can arrange it if I can get the days off. But you didn't do your membership any favors by supporting Delaney and Prez when you signed on to the elimination of one more US AIRWAYS representation spot. Your position is truly contradictory even though you did so by grafting yourself on the ballot.....just like I said you would a month ago on this forum. I read your comments and it was easy to be right on that one.

I make no apologies.

regards,

BTW, PJ, what about those backlog of grievances? Do you want to respond to my answer that says it is fundamentally unfair for the New Direction to eliminate yet another representational spot [VP spot] and hand it to United? And, the US AIRWAYS AGC"s supported it! I told you that this would happen about a month ago and it has now come to pass.

regards,

back log of grievances that should have been completed ions ago! its amazing how ours gets backlogged yet Im willing to bet that if it were UA its not half as long as ours. Heck my personel grievance for which Ive had a hearing in Jan of 2011 at my local station has yet to have a freaking date for mediation or arbitration FLAT OUT RIDICULOUS

I fully admit that I fully plan to tear down the 'good ole boy' paternal structure that has been installed since the early part of the last century. The "Daddy knows what is best for you" days need to be over. Not only tearing it down but installing a program called Occupy 141 that brings this oldtime union into this brave new world so that it has a chance at capturing the generations that can't connect with a structure of a different century. I fully admit that our membership will have a choice to make and the choice between me and Delaney could not be any sharper. We also need to reject his continual and false promises of bringing more US AIRWAYS representation and we need to focus on his actions of actually taking even one more US AIRWAYS spot and handing that to United. Saywhat is a nice fella but saywhat has cast his lot on the Delaney ballot and has signed on to support Delaney's action of stripping Saywhat's membership of one more US AIRWAYS position. Something is wrong with that and it's a true shame that Saywhat has cast his lot supporting less US AIRWAYS spots, but he did so by promoting himself and getting on Delaney's balot for personal gain. Look, I don't mind challenging Saywhat publically face to face, In fact I would love to. So, any day you are ready Saywhat, I can arrange it if I can get the days off. But you didn't do your membership any favors by supporting Delaney and Prez when you signed on to the elimination of one more US AIRWAYS representation spot. Your position is truly contradictory even though you did so by grafting yourself on the ballot.....just like I said you would a month ago on this forum. I read your comments and it was easy to be right on that one.

I make no apologies.

regards,

Tim,

Not defending RD for Prez and would support a solidarity building grass roots movement to help the membership. Just not supporting your narcissistic babblings that tear down this Union. I read your stuff over the last few years and think that you are maybe bi-polar or something. I don't want to meet you but maybe if a grass roots movement started in a positive way, I might go to a meeting.

Being that the IAM can't be bothered to inform the employees of the five cities about the decision of the LOA,(not everyone reads the Messenger,) if anyone knows anybody from these five stations that took a transfer make sure they are aware that they have another $500 coming for moving and they have to submit paperwork to the company for it. Its just like the union not to notify anyone and its just like the company to hold the money and not say anything. Both are Crooks.

Jester,

Tim will answer that question for Jester.

Carry on.

BTW, PJ, what about those backlog of grievances? Do you want to respond to my answer that says it is fundamentally unfair for the New Direction to eliminate yet another representational spot [VP spot] and hand it to United? And, the US AIRWAYS AGC"s supported it! I told you that this would happen about a month ago and it has now come to pass.

regards,

Tim,

While I find it useless to debate you on any matter regarding the workings of the IAM, because you will spin anything I have to say to suit your political needs, I will try to answer this question. I believe that the backlog started with MW, and has steadily gotten worse because of the that. Also I do not pretend to know or understand the political workings as to the positions and who gets what spots. That being said, I think USairways should have at least 6 AGC's, but IMO, that would be just to clean up the backlog, once that is accomplished, I think 5 would be suitable. And just because you think that it is unfair, does that automatically make it so. How many members does UA have under DL141? How many does US have? Tim, I think you have some good ideas, some destructive ones, and some that are just plain political promises that you in no way intend to keep, and have no way to enforce.

And Jester,

It is widely known that I work in RDU, and it is not hard to figure out who I am from there. And as an aside, I am not running for ANY position what-so-ever, either on the District or local level. So now Tim will try to spin who I am supporting and why, because I am not running for ANY position.

BTW how are nominations coming along?

How many members does UA have under DL141? How many does US have?
It is widely known that I work in RDU
Soon to be determined. When does the UA vote end?
What happen in RDU with the agents and management over OT issues

Soon to be determined. When does the UA vote end?
What happen in RDU with the agents and management over OT issues

March 7th, I think. If I am wrong on the date, I'm sure somebody will correct me. And Check your PM for the second question.

Jester,

His point was that Tim doesn't hide behind a screen name. It should be noted that he is only applying this to those that are running for office. His perspective (and one that I agree with) is that if one is runnign for office and posting on this board they should make it clear to the readers that they are running for the position. It's an admitting bias thing.

His point was that Tim doesn't hide behind a screen name. It should be noted that he is only applying this to those that are running for office. His perspective (and one that I agree with) is that if one is runnign for office and posting on this board they should make it clear to the readers that they are running for the position. It's an admitting bias thing.

Necigrad,

Damn, I am in the awkward position to say that is not what I said, but regardless I completely agree with you as I failed to see an aspect that I overlooked. I was simply calling for an open discussion amongst those on the ballot, so it could be known as to the positions of the various candidates. However, you rightfully, pointed-out there are some in here with a political axe to grind against Tim Nelson and his slate, while taking cheap shots hiding behind an anonymous handle and failing to disclose their own conflict of interest. So instead of discussing the matters as to the success and failure of the current leadership, the discussion devolves in about Mr. Nelson's ego, his secret agenda, who pays his salary, questions his work ethic on the ramp and various other attacks instead of telling the Membership as to what they would do to better the union.

I gotta admit I love this "Everyone-Knows-Who-I-Am" claim in this forum while using some handle to hide behind... if everyone was so easy to be "known" I might have picked "Swinging Organ" (that's for sports arena music lovers, of course) as my handle instead. If everyone "knows" PJ in RDU then identify yourself here, and that goes for everyone else who is running for a position and posts in this forum, instead of this cowardly sniping while advocating their own self-serving agenda.

Oh, and finally for others on the Board, I don't take my marching orders from Mr. Nelson, and in fact, I have never had any private communications with him, although I did meet him once by accident when I was standing next to him in the break room as he was being introduced to the room. I did not go out of my way to introduce myself as "Jester -- Pontificating Nabob of AirlineForums.com" though.

So Concurs Jester.

back log of grievances that should have been completed ions ago! its amazing how ours gets backlogged yet Im willing to bet that if it were UA its not half as long as ours. Heck my personel grievance for which Ive had a hearing in Jan of 2011 at my local station has yet to have a freaking date for mediation or arbitration FLAT OUT RIDICULOUS
The reality of the situation, for those who are not biased, is that we need more AGC's to equalize the dispartiy. What is truly mind boggling is how someone can justify supporting Delaney's new ticket that actually takes one more representational spot off of US AIRWAYS and slides it to United. It's just wrong, and the backlog of grievances will go considerably higher if Delaney manages to win and eliminate more US AIRWAYS representation. The witness to the backlog of grievances isn't Canale or MW but the fact that the US AIRWAYS members are being treated second best. The Occupy 141 ticket addresses this since I understand the US AIRWAYS predicament. We placed 8 US AIRWAYS AGC spots on our ballot and we listened and gave the US AIRWAYS members exactly what they have been begging for, i.e., a President who understands they are being treated second best.

In the simplest terms, CLT will have its own AGC. PHX will have its own AGC. PHL will have its own AGC. Those Hub AGC's will not be responsible for ANY other stations and they will not be out of town or in the air, except for eboard meetings and the occasional convention. This also reduces cost for the members.

Another AGC will focus solely on negotiations/arbitrations and will be given the additional support of a professional attorney.

The remaining 4 AGC's will service the different regions and will be able to give the small stations their immediate focus. This representation is the platinum level of representation and it makes no logical sense for any US AIRWAYS person to dispute this as being anything other than a deep commitment to US AIRWAYS that mirrors the commitment at United. Brothers and sisters, for the first time, you would have greater access to your AGC and your AGC will actually be able to do his job much better.

That's the Occupy 141 commitment and plan for US AIRWAYS. More representation. If you take bias' out of the equation, nobody, in their right mind from US AIRWAYS could deny this plan as being anything other than a win for our US AIRWAYS members. The alternative is to continue blaming Canale or MW and not blaming Delaney for his continual treatment of our US AIRWAYS brothers and sisters. Something is wrong when grievances take 2 and 3 years. Something is wrong with that. And if Delaney isn't committed to the US AIRWAYS members now and has no seniority on the line, then what would you expect in an AMR merger?

Onward!
www.occupyiam141.com

Tim

Tim,

Not defending RD for Prez and would support a solidarity building grass roots movement to help the membership. Just not supporting your narcissistic babblings that tear down this Union. I read your stuff over the last few years and think that you are maybe bi-polar or something. I don't want to meet you but maybe if a grass roots movement started in a positive way, I might go to a meeting.
The grass roots has started SayWhat, but it does mean that I will have to tear down the established structure of this paternal 1940's mentality and install a platform that upgrades this union into this century. Gone will be the days where we have AGC's and Presidents who think they can match a battle of wit with company attorneys over the language of law. Pssstt, I don't have a law degree. But as an educated man, I realize that we also have to upgrade this District by insourcing professionals to use as an additional resource for our AGC's and myself.

Saywhat, we can argue this all day but there is a reason why 2% doesn't mean 2% in your contract. And our current negotiations team, many of who I support, are simply not capable against attorneys. Cripes, they aren't even respected, sorta like men against boys. And it would be the same with me in there, UNLESS, I brought in professionals to complement and built the needed solidarity for negotiations outside the negotiations room.

This will be done. Bottom line. When I'm on the district dime and I say I'm going to do something...I do it. Not because I'm smarter than anyone else but because I work 24/7 on these things. Your boy Delaney never leaves his office. For a good laugh, check out his LM2 reports and see that he only spent $6,000 in per diems in 2010. That's a total of a few conventions and a few trips to hot dog parties. The per diem of the President should be over $30,000 to support about 250 nights a year on the road meeting with members and building relationships. It's called trust. His office should be his laptop. If Delaney isn't in his office, he's usually back in the back putting his golf ball on his putting green or smoking the stogies on the back porch. Every day, that's how it was whenever I had to come to the office to fill out my reports. The question of the day was what was on for lunch. His LM2 reports don't lie.

Having a leader who lacks any sense of passion and energy does not translate into urgency.

regards,

the discussion devolves in about Mr. Nelson's ego, his secret agenda, who pays his salary, questions his work ethic on the ramp and various other attacks instead of telling the Membership as to what they would do to better the union.

Perhaps when you do get to know Tim you will realize there is more to Tim than what Tim says there is.

Carry on.

Latest posts

Back