Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and if you merge with IAM UA....do ya think that putting off negotiations until 2012 is wise???? " Rmember the "seamless service" with agents and LEARN A LESSON. Two sets of rules, Two sets of benefits, Two sets of wages......HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Great!
Please vote yes, even though Canale saw fit to subvert the TA by bypassing CLTs' NC member. If a couple of dollars is all it takes to sway your vote then, you are every bit as stupid as the company and IAM assume you are. The total offering of this proposal is laughable. Doubletime will only be seen if you spend every waking hour of your life at the airport (great for family life, eh? ) Sure we'll try for better vacation ,holidays, EXTENSION OF INSURANCE DUE TO INJURY ( ON THE JOB OR OFF ) in another 5 or so years when maybe the economy will be better Please, let's be hasty and not think long term about the precedent we're creating. Just take what's offered because the union & company have our best interests at heart ( We've learned that from the past ,right?)

Oh Hell,
I give up. Corporate, and IAM corporate please continue screwing us into the ground because, we TRULY do not deserve any better....

picard-headesk.jpg

Well said WTF_CLT.

Remember the past and you can see the future. Sign this and kiss the two year and under employee's good bye.

K I am voting yes on the new TA. Recieved a lot of good information today in PIT.

I was there and Nelson and DELETED BY MODERATORl got B*tch Slapped right out of the meeting by Canale. Tough Guy Tim sat out in the hallway crying instead of being the bad a** he claims to be.

No one really cared if he was there and none of the other Chairman wanted him in. " SWORDS HELD HIGH BILLY" LOL

Crowell isn't a Chairman and flip flopping anti IAM Nelson isn't even a IAM member.

DELETED BY MODERATOR
TN = Consistent person with good information......NOT!

BEST SITE FOR UNION INFORMATION CLICK HERE

MOD NOTE: Identifying members of the board by their real names and giving personal information about posters is SPECIFICALLY prohibited.

Apparently you are a Chairman because from what I was told that is all that was allowed at this closed meeting. If you are a chairman then you are no class by your attitude and statements here on this board. You as a chairman have to show respect and professionalism for all members no matter what they say or do. You are getting paid to be considerate of all the membership not gutter talking and character assassinating. I'll bet you boys don't talk to Management like this. Highly unlikely! People, these are the type of people that are representing you and getting paid way too much money for it.

Tell us what good information you got in PIT..........That now the IAM can raise our union dues and all the AGCs can get raises? What a joke! I was told that the negotiating team was intimidated by Hemingway. That is what you get when you send in the sheep to negotiate with the devil. We should of had and always should of had professional negotiators in there not people that are looking out for themselves. This is just one big joke. And you wonder why union membership keeps going down. Look at Continental......they don't have a union and they make more money now and have better benefits than us now than we will have at the end of this rag POS TA. My NO VOTE cancels out your yes vote Slacker!

Freedom...
Just read your long winded post. your analogy about your dying family in the desert and your gonna do anything to save them is fine, but your leaving out your 1200 cousins who are gonna die now.
Henderfuzz...
Glad to see DFW wasn't on the list of axed stations come Dec. 31, 2011... it must make your vote that much more easier to make.

Listen I am not picking on you two, but rather, making an example. It doesn't matter how you vote, but to sit on this mssg board and validate yourself and glorify this T.A. is something that you don't have to do. Yes we ALL need a raise, all 7700 of us!! It has to come at the expense of 1200 jobs unfortunately, if voted in. I guess the only saving grace is that at least people like myself will have the next 3 years to make up my mind on where to transfer to keep my job if I so value it. 3 years is plenty of time to transfer to save my job, and it means coming into one of the stations that you work in, like PHX or DFW, and bumping you down on the list. I have no problem with that, and it also opens the doors to all the East guys and gals who have wanted to take a run West of the Mighty Miss, so that cushy shift you enjoy now, will become Tues/Wed off on PM shift within the not too distant future...but hey you are getting that raise, so go for it.

shocker sez,
"The difference between IAM UA and IAM US is that UA IAM supports their negotiating committee during contract talks"

Well if thats the case did UA agree with the band of thieves and VOTE For their contract . OR did they let the BK judge decide for them.

don't let the truth stump you there.

The IAM UA stood in unity with our negotiating team. We voted for our contract with the knowledge that our represented negotiating team was far better than a company represented BK judge.

Imagine this scenario........ US Airways buys United with investors money...........US Airways is the surviving carrier but keeps the name United. The IAM signs a TA without the memberships vote because they transition the United people into our POS contract with no changes. The United contract becomes Charmin. There is alot of seniority with United so I hope you boys out West are prepared because they will have too many employees if a merger occurs. Actually that would be a buyout not a merger, right?

So we basically get about a 6.5% raise now & 12.5% by 2011. Plus adding 2 years on to reach top scale. Still staying the lowest paid in the industry. Three years from now we'll still make less than CO does now after 10 years (and their non-union).

We get two more holidays.

Double time (if you never want to be at home)

Same amount of vacation just a shorter timeline to get it

A little better sick time than what we got now

We lose profit sharing

The mechanics got more than we got...And no I don't think we should make as much as the mechanics, or pilots for that matter. They are different jobs requiring different training, responsibilities, licencing, etc.

I'm saying throw us a bone here. We all have families and responisibilities. However giving us more back will not put this company under. There seems to be plenty of money to go around for Doug & his cronies figuring we hired a new COO at a six figure salary, Doug re-upped for $500,000 a year (not counting bounses & everything else they get.

Now I understand the West & class 2 stations plight but c'mon there's a bigger picture here. West will lose their 401K contribution (which the East doesn't have), and that big raise that you see coming won't when a lot of it dissapears on payday when it goes to your skyrocketing health care costs you'll get.

I'm not trying to sway I'm just trying to put the info out there. The only smart thin to do is read the t/a for yourself & be informed. Ask questions & make an informed decision that will be good for ALL OF US.

Any vids of Delaney getting his nails done?

No one wants your BS here.

Go away.

MOD NOTE: Here's a perfect example of how to not only get suspended but to have your account terminated.

Anyone else want to join this poster in the cornfield?
Just to let you know ISTHISOK you may not get a reply from Shocker

I don't think we will hear anymore from this poster

To me this looks like a crappy t/a put out to get a merger done.

Throw out a LITTLE money, LITTLE inprovements, & some good spin and maybe they'll all fall for it.

I keep asking myself why US Airways wnats to get this done? They don't even have to mess with us until 2009. Yes I know they want one labor contract for all of us, but I think there are alterior motives to their plans.

Just an opinion...Hey that's what this board is all about right? LOL

727 4 Ever…

I love your post…

It pretty much touches on everything that both effects, and concerns Fleet Service.
(I love the dinner table analogy!)

One thing, I would like to add to this forum, that I feel has served to create dissent, and animosity within our ranks is this…

We (The Rank & File) have seen several of our peers… whom we never voted into their appointed IAM Officer Positions, which incidentally… literally lavish them with more than double our pay and benefits… suddenly show up… and began to use hard line sales techniques on us.

I, as well as my co-workers… can’t help but question who teaches them these tactics?
They had to be instructed to them by someone!

This perception of a Good ol’ Boy’s Club… places the Rank & File in a position of mistrust with the Union.

When these same non-elected individuals come around with the inevitable road show… trying to sell us on another substandard T/A. We will be fully aware that these Officers will not suffer any adverse effects with the consequences of voting to ratify.

My suggestion to the IAM would be to compensate your Officers with a more realistic compensation package. One that does not so outlandishly exceed the members they represent.

Perhaps… a compensation package for IAM Officers that more closely emulates the dire state of today’s Airline Industry turmoil! After all… your wages and benefits come directly from the wages and benefits of Fleet Service!

The same could be applied to the dues... that you intend to double in the near future!

Ms. Shocker.. You suddenly have a lot to say…are you part of this appointed
Officer Club?

Ok, here is my take on the T/A and the reasons why I am voting NO.

First let me say, I believe Canale and his “Cabalâ€￾ have sold us out! When Canale does and “end runâ€￾ around our elected negotiating committee and negotiates this T/A behind closed doors management to management, it should raise an alarm! Let alone the neutralizing two negotiating members to put a positive spin on the agreement. When IAM members were not allowed into that meeting because they had a dissenting opinion; that is not an open democratic process it is treachery! We should be grabbing the torches and pitchforks and head to Castle IAM and rid ourselves of these Ass Clowns!

This T/A is tainted and not worth the paper it’s printed on.

Next, what type of union negotiates a contract that will lose jobs? I guess it’s the IAM!

We need to ask ourselves why does the company want the ability to contract out those 19 cities and why they want to keep sixty day rule? I believe when we merge there will be huge layoffs! Not only will those small cities be wiped out, the hubs will take a hit also. Do you think a newly merged company will operate 6 hubs? I am in East hub, but there is no way I am going to sell out those small stations! I wouldn’t be able to live with myself. So make sure to tell your families, your raise only cost the jobs of 1200 employees and the wellbeing of their families.

The CIC is not worthless. I would say it’s even more viable now than ever. We are the only work group that still has it and the company wants! Why, an upcoming merger? But I am willing to trade it for job protection and a fair contract.

Parker and his crew and the CEO of whatever airline we merge with are personally going to make tens of millions from a merger. Do you think they are going to forgo that money because they are unwilling to give us a fair industry standard contract? Would you?

I understand completely about the condition of the economy! The dollar is worthless and it’s only the illusion of its worth that keeps everything moving. Once the illusion is exposed, it is game over for our country and it won’t matter what contract we have. But until then I am going to keep making it, spending it and fighting for it!

Fight the Future!
Agent “Vâ€￾

The reason why mechanics got more back is they gave up a lot more in the final offer during chapter 11 than the ramp did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back