Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hearing a resounding YES to the TA, here in my city. I am glad because I can't live on this another day. I'll be lucky if I make it seven or eight more months before I get my raise. I am making 10.17 right now and I will go up to 15.31. A month later I'll be at 16.22. I NEED this! I know the insurance will be more in '09 but not by that much. I am still ahead!

The double time is going to be great. Don't care about sick time, never use it. 60 day rule gone, can't believe it was there to begin with. Don't care about the trade restrictions, don't drop, just pick up. Hmmm, maybe I can afford to drop a day once in a great while now. So we lose a couple holidays, I'm making more money! Vacations the same. Probationary time shorter, that's good. Like the uniform policy. Can't believe I'll have a pension, looks good to me, too bad it starts in '09 but better then than never.

As far as the possible outsourcing of cities goes, I have a couple things to say. The protection looks okay to me. Here's what I was told. First of all the 4 cities that have no protection are express cities only. These are not operated by us so I was told we don't "own" that work. We can't tell Mesa who will work their flights. I understand it better now. Nobody has said these people are out of a job. Maybe they will be okay. I sure hope so. As far as our field stations go, they are safe for now, until the end of 2011, 3 years. Now does anyone on here really think there won't be a merger before then? It will ALL change again before we get to that point! For now, we are safe and have money in our pockets!

Pull your heads out of the bin, rehydrate so you can think clearly, and vote YES! What makes you guys think there's another chance at this? You said this in September, and we are pretty much at the same place TA wise. You fooled a lot of people then, but we are not so stupid to think we can try again and get any better. It's as good as it's going to get. There is good here for everyone! Let's not make this a Canale statement, or a new direction statement. Put your silly swords away, we are not some stupid kids playing a game. This is our lives. If we say no, we will go to the east contract and then look at all the jobs that will be lost! Don't put you own agendas ahead of the folks in the field stations! Look at the improvements we get and VOTE YES!

To the east siders. other than the 8.5% raise at the top, looks like the rest of the scale only has a 2% -4% pay raise. The mechanics got 10% across the board then got 3% across the board for another 5 years. District Force will be right in that the mechanics will separate much farther from fleet.

Information is coming so all can make an informed decision.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

urbff while this T/A may be good for you but what will you do come Dec 2011 when 19 cities become outsourced? I mean will there be a lot of agents transfering into your city that say could bump you? I for one have been in a city that was outsourced in 2005 and yes I agree the 60 day rule sucks but Im telling you now that 60 day rule should have never been put into place. No other labor groups have it. as for the pension, that is nothing to get excited about. I understand the hardship you are enduring and believe me Im in the same boat but I believe that the only reason this garbage was put up for vote was strictly because this outfit is looking at a merger or aquisition of another airline. Cant tell me that since CO and UA are over 20 bucks an hr that this outfit can offer similar and with better stuff and have that COC in the agreement. IF you guys out west were put under the East contract until a better offer came along then at least that would be a start. I just dont think this contract is going to pass. Also I think Profit Sharing should stay just like the other labor groups have I believe that there would be a better offer down the road and I dont think it would be long especially if the company desperately wants a merger or aqusition of another airline

If Doug Parker wants to scream industry average than that should apply to fleet service aswell.

People are always saying how bad things are in the west. Well nothing is forcing you to work that job full time, it is very easy to switch to parttime and work a better paying second job. I have done it and until the company wants to pay a decent wage then I will continue that course.

I am hearing a resounding YES to the TA, here in my city. I am glad because I can't live on this another day. I'll be lucky if I make it seven or eight more months before I get my raise. I am making 10.17 right now and I will go up to 15.31. A month later I'll be at 16.22. I NEED this! I know the insurance will be more in '09 but not by that much. I am still ahead!

The double time is going to be great. Don't care about sick time, never use it. 60 day rule gone, can't believe it was there to begin with. Don't care about the trade restrictions, don't drop, just pick up. Hmmm, maybe I can afford to drop a day once in a great while now. So we lose a couple holidays, I'm making more money! Vacations the same. Probationary time shorter, that's good. Like the uniform policy. Can't believe I'll have a pension, looks good to me, too bad it starts in '09 but better then than never.

As far as the possible outsourcing of cities goes, I have a couple things to say. The protection looks okay to me. Here's what I was told. First of all the 4 cities that have no protection are express cities only. These are not operated by us so I was told we don't "own" that work. We can't tell Mesa who will work their flights. I understand it better now. Nobody has said these people are out of a job. Maybe they will be okay. I sure hope so. As far as our field stations go, they are safe for now, until the end of 2011, 3 years. Now does anyone on here really think there won't be a merger before then? It will ALL change again before we get to that point! For now, we are safe and have money in our pockets!

Pull your heads out of the bin, rehydrate so you can think clearly, and vote YES! What makes you guys think there's another chance at this? You said this in September, and we are pretty much at the same place TA wise. You fooled a lot of people then, but we are not so stupid to think we can try again and get any better. It's as good as it's going to get. There is good here for everyone! Let's not make this a Canale statement, or a new direction statement. Put your silly swords away, we are not some stupid kids playing a game. This is our lives. If we say no, we will go to the east contract and then look at all the jobs that will be lost! Don't put you own agendas ahead of the folks in the field stations! Look at the improvements we get and VOTE YES!

You don't get it!!! You will cost jobs by saying yes! Money is great I need it, but the price is too high. I have felt the west cost should have been getting more the whole time. Don't fall for the you vs us that the IAM is making you drink. I have been to three city's, always always after a contract is agreed to. The company will cut your job, they need to put in the contract that all IAM members will not lose their jobs. That is what a union is suppose to do. I have been with this company for over 20 years, and I have seen time and time again that people that only look at the pay scale and not the full scope, I was once that person. Please think! Read everything. cross refernce the contact see what they are taking away, see the city's that are being cut. Know that in those city's those people will come to your station and bump you out of your job. Been there done that. We need money and job protection! Think as one group not just yourself.

A note: Canale just signed a letter of agreement [see IAM website] boosting UA's pay another 1% this May 1st.
Odd how Canale puts out his letter how we can't get squat because oil is at 52% more, BUT he can get United to increase the salaries [even when it doesn't have to] of the UA rampers with an additional 1% raise just negotiated. United rampers will now go to a top out of $20.61 instead of $20.43.

Remember, Continental also is operating in this industry where oil surged 52% since September and just announced a 2% pay increase to $20.45.

Don't be misled with Canale's deceit. Hemenway is expecing his big fat 200% bonus for next year [see 8k filing], the mechanics got much more back including no layoff guarantee, other airlines are moving forward with pay raises. Yet this new TA guarantees fleet service workers to be $1.50 below even non-union Continental.

Of course, vacation weeks are about 6 weeks at many carriers. Continental only has 5 weeks but that's one more than this lame contract.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Tim,
Let me get this straight Canale signs off at USAirways allowing union members to make less than NON-UNION Contiinental?

Boy thats gotta be a strong selling point for the IAM when they try to organize the Non Union sector!

"We got morons on our Team." brother your so right.

Better for me to die on my feet than on my knees I've still got my dignity and refuse to let hemingway and Canale voluntarly screw me by excepting anything less than 20.45 right now. Waiting till 2012 for a 20.57 is totally unexceptable.

What part of NO doesnt Canale and Hemingway understand?

Tim,
Let me get this straight Canale signs off at USAirways allowing union members to make less than NON-UNION Contiinental?

Boy thats gotta be a strong selling point for the IAM when they try to organize the Non Union sector!

"We got morons on our Team." brother your so right.

Better for me to die on my feet than on my knees I've still got my dignity and refuse to let hemingway and Canale voluntarly screw me by excepting anything less than 20.45 right now. Waiting till 2012 for a 20.57 is totally unexceptable.

What part of NO doesnt Canale and Hemingway understand?
Hemenway has beaten fleet service down and now he is trying to kick them. What's interesting is that within this same month where Canale is screaming how oil is so high, both Continental and United announce new wage increases. We will get this info to the membership.

Further, Canale can't merge the west into the east by bylaw. There would be too many major changes to the west that would be negative, there would have to be a vote by bylaw. once again Canale is a liar. Also, Canale keeps running at the mouth how Hemenway won't be back to negotiate. Let us not forget, Hemenway needs a transition and he himself is the one who is forcing these negotiations. He will continue to do so once this "Wal mart contract" is voted out. he will do this because he has to.

regards,
Tim Nelson

IF you guys out west were put under the East contract until a better offer came along then at least that would be a start.

If we are put under your contract, that will be when 1,200 jobs will be lost. Worst case we lose about 50 people under the TA. I think most of thoses could go to a city close by. There are protected cities close to the 4 at risk in the TA. We will merge again before Dec 2011, we all know this. Give us SOME protection now for the other 1,150 field station folks. voting no, would be voting to lose 1,150 members.

If Doug Parker wants to scream industry average than that should apply to fleet service aswell.

People are always saying how bad things are in the west. Well nothing is forcing you to work that job full time, it is very easy to switch to parttime and work a better paying second job. I have done it and until the company wants to pay a decent wage then I will continue that course.

Black magic , your one of the posters on here that I like the least , you make no attempts to reach out to any of your fellow workers unless they reside on the east coast .

You don’t care one iota about those of us from AWA and you make absolutely no attempt to hide it .

Rock I like your view of radical action , even though you haven’t mentioned any actual course of action … I wish we had more people like you , but one of our biggest problems is that we don’t .

Magic while you don’t care about us in the west , you need us , you need us more than YOU think . What are you going to do over there on the east coast to show this company that you mean business eh ?
We’re the men and women on the ground protesting out in front of HQ , and I can assure you , if this get’s voted down I won’t be attending anymore union meetings or rallies . It does an awful lot of good for you to come online and yell at the company , and then go into work the next day and do your job like a good little worker … I can see hemmingway checking up on avation at work , and then looking out the window to see if anyone’s protesting outside “hmmm nope , we’re good “

Talk talk talk , that’s all a lot of people ever do on here , talk doesn’t get you #### . You SCREAM solidarity !!! But what have you done to SHOW it , and posting on usavation.com counts for NOTHING .When I’m at work I can look around and see all my brothers and sisters who come to protests or rallies , I know the people who are willing to actually ACT …

You can sit at home on your computer and tell this company that you find it’s offer to be unacceptable and that they can SHOVE it , and do you know what hemmingway will do , he’ll change the channel and see what other entertainment is on .

TIM

Hemenway is doing this because he has to...get all contracts to be negotiated in 2012 otherwise we are not pretty enough for a merger. Then my friend, as in all mergers and/or aquisitions he will BAIL and collect BIG$$$$. We will be reading his settlements on the security exchange pages soon.

Same goes for Canale....tick tock, tick tock......

If we are put under your contract, that will be when 1,200 jobs will be lost. Worst case we lose about 50 people under the TA. I think most of thoses could go to a city close by. There are protected cities close to the 4 at risk in the TA. We will merge again before Dec 2011, we all know this. Give us SOME protection now for the other 1,150 field station folks. voting no, would be voting to lose 1,150 members.

Show me!! Show me in which part of the contract your words are true. I would like to see that or is that just the kool-aid you are drinking. Leave out a merger I have heard merger time and time again that never come to pass. Oh Dougie wants merger but congress doesn't. Please don't forget that the feds have the last say in what happens. Grow up.

"bag chucker , believe me when I say I’d rather not close down your station"

Rephrase that freedom. You'd rather not sacrifice him. The station won't close, but the people will be gone. Look at it from the inside not the outside.

"when in fact the reality is their dealing with a VERY stingy company . The truth of the matter my brother , is if we don’t get this voted in , none of us are going to see wage increases for a LONG LONG time."

I believe this company will be back to the table. There is too much money to be made from the east hubs, and they want a merger. RC used ALOHA AIRLINES as an example in his doom/gloom speach on iam141.org, as a company who couldn't get investors to produce money to run their business. What he forgot to mention was that ALOHA has 3 divisions and only the Passenger division lost money but the other two are profitable. US has only 1 division and they have 2.8 billion in cash.

"that new direction team , their hardliners , they think their going to walk into the board room and this companies just going to bend over , HA what a surprise their in for".

You have no idea what our talking about. You've been waiting for how long for this kind of TA? You've sacrificed how much? I myself have not been on a NC, but 2 of my friends have. Yes it's tough, but I'm sure the Company would like to see you sitting across from them!

"I’m not trying to validate myself brother nor glorify the TA, I just want to make sure the east guys understand things for what they truly are out here … There’s so much hype and half truths surrounding all of this , corruption , CHANGE OF CONTROL being worth something etc , I just don’t want to see people get lost and confused by it all ."

You are, I believe, confused by your confusion. You are truely willing to sacrifice the field stations for yourself. You are no different than the Hubs of 05 for more $. Don't try and talk around it. We've all had sacrifices one way or another.
The CIC was an opinionated decision that was rendered last oct. The COC is a fact of our contract language, thats why it's so important to this company. There is a difference between the two. Don't you understand if it wasn't so important they wouldn't care about it. The next merger will not be under BK. The stock swap will not have a value of zero(0). Investors will receive an amount of stock for an amount of stock they hold.
I don't tell anyone how to vote because we all have different lifestyles/differences.

under the east cba if you folks were put in it right now i highly doubt that you guys would lose that much employees under the ta i think that number skyrockets

Lets get the names and stations of the 1200 an YOU pick which names to highlite for the sake of the other 1150. Pick the names and inform them why they are worth less than the whole..............UNBELIEVABLE!

OH Yeah, welcome to the board!

Status
Not open for further replies.