Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuzz--

I am an East guy with 30 years and I agree 1000%--

These boards are very frustrating!

ROGUE,
O.T is called in classification. meaning PT is called for PT hours and FT is called for FT hours. L/A are called for L/A hours

if the list for one class is exhausted then they go out of class to fill the slots. the only time it gets hairy is when A FT gets called

for a 6 hour shift that would appear to be a PT shift but in actually is an added on line so that would go to FT first then PT.

Oriole,

I do understand what you are saying. But in the t/a it doesn't say that. I will post the section at the bottom for you to see. The west goes by straight DOH for awarding overtime. They have one list. It doesn't matter if you are p/t, f/t, or a lead. Whoever is senior and signed up for the o/t has first choice. Whereas the east has three lists to complicate o/t matters each day. My question is what date will we use for being awarded the overtime if this t/a passes? Do we go by the west system, the east system, or some unknown system that will be thought up at the last minute? It doesn't say in the t/a.

6. Article 6 (Overtime) Will apply to East and West Employees no later than OEI.

Effective on OEI amend CBA as follows:

· Employees will be equalized for actual overtime hours worked and, if signed up on the overtime availability list, for actual overtime hours offered and refused and for those overtime hours for which the signed up Employee could not be contacted. Employees who do not sign up on the availability list will not be charged any hours eligible to work for the purpose of equalization unless they work the overtime.

Get over it its now or wait and for those of us in the west and class 2 the time for waiting is over.

Sorry, but I'm willing to wait. I feel confident that Section 6 for the West is at the least possible, I will tough it out. Even if Section 6 wasn't a possibility (and no matter how hard Canale wishes, it is) I'm still not going to vote for throwing 19 cities under the bus. I'm not going to vote for below industry standard when we are one of the financially stronger airlines, and the other weaker airlines are getting raises. Sure, Canale has created an "anti Canale" group, but that's not the only reason people plan to vote this down. We all know how to seperate the two.

And yes, I'm a West employee.

bag chucker , believe me when I say I’d rather not close down your station , in fact if I recall correctly you’ve already been displaced once before , must be an awful thing , and if your where I recall your at , it’s a hell of a lot better than being in AZ . However , you know the kind of wages we make here in the west , and you also know how hard a bargaining agent this company is . Doug parker and crew are ALL about cost savings , about keeping wages low and competitive , a lot of these east guys just think that their own union negotiators are selling them out , when in fact the reality is their dealing with a VERY stingy company . The truth of the matter my brother , is if we don’t get this voted in , none of us are going to see wage increases for a LONG LONG time , that new direction team , their hardliners , they think their going to walk into the board room and this companies just going to bend over , HA what a surprise their in for … and as it takes them months , turning into years to understand what kind of company we’re dealing with , we on the very bottom rung will languish .

I’m not trying to validate myself brother nor glorify the TA, I just want to make sure the east guys understand things for what they truly are out here … There’s so much hype and half truths surrounding all of this , corruption , CHANGE OF CONTROL being worth something etc , I just don’t want to see people get lost and confused by it all .

p.s hey if I can make an honest and decent wage I have no problem working M/T pm .

I received a call from a friend in PHX last week while the negotiations were still going on. He told me to transfer back to PHX ASAP as the folks there and RR wanted to throw the field stations under the bus. Apparently, folks there were upset that rampers from field stations didn't attend the rally in Tempe at CHQ and didn't perform in any work actions so "f--- 'em". If I recall, you and I always got along real ducky but you didn't even say howdy at the rally and avoided eye contact with me. Ouch. Think you guys knew well ahead of time that we would be shoved to the curb. I'd be avoiding eye contact, too. RR told me before I left not to feel to comfortable in that field station but I didn't know he would be the first in line to do the shoving. That hurts. :(

This is about survival in a down economy. As for the 19 cities you should be thankful that you have time to decide what you may need to do, and find a place to transfer to that you can be happy with. Some companies just come in one day and close the doors no warning or anything.
For anyone in the class 1 cities for you guys to say we want to protect you guys and we care about you in the west and class 2 well, I just dont see it when you are willing to keep us at these crap wages for the next 2 or 3 years. I just say thats selfish. Sure its easy for you, you make 17.35 per hour already. Do us a favor get on board out here, take a walk in our shoes and see how it is to live in this economy with our wages. The ony fair vote is a yes vote for all of us and our fellow brother and sisters.

Thankful...you have to be kidding I hope. As far as our much sought after wages Canale states,
and I quote,

''US Airways has clearly stated to your Committee that if this agreement is not ratified they will not enter into any further bargaining for contract improvements until they are required to do so when the East agreement becomes amendable. They will only consider a straight transition of West employees into the existing East agreement, with no improvements for East employees. This is important to understand when deciding how to vote. Your Committee had to confront the same reality at the bargaining table

Fine, do it bring the West under our agreement. They should already be under it. The IAM and
Company have been dragging thier feet for over 2 years.
Don't let your argument be walk in our shoes.....we have and continue to.....thankful, man I guess
back in the Stone Ages people who got beheaded should have been thankful the blade was sharp.

So I'm suppose to give up my raise b/c someone else is not getting as good as one? I have busted my nu%s for this POS airline for 30 years and if they finally give me a little bit more in my paycheck I should feel guilty about wanting it?? Are u for real?

Voting NO gets nothing for anyone.....

O-man
I did some calculations and this is what I came up with. I'm not a math professor but I'm pretty sure these are correct. These are the pay raises for the east Class I cities. I left off the starting pay because I think it may be different in various cities.

Year......Current Pay.........Proposed Pay Under T/A...........Dollar Am't Increase...........% Increase
12............$17.52..........................$19.00...................................$1.48............................8.5%
11............$17.52..........................$18.38...................................$0.86............................4.9%
10............$17.52..........................$17.95...................................$0.43............................2.5%
9..............$17.20..........................$17.41...................................$0.21............................1.2%
8..............$16.02..........................$16.22...................................$0.22............................1.4%
7..............$15.11..........................$15.31...................................$0.20............................1.3%
6..............$14.28..........................$14.49...................................$0.21............................1.5%
5..............$14.03..........................$14.23...................................$0.20............................1.4%
4..............$12.01..........................$12.21...................................$0.20............................1.7%
3..............$11.51..........................$11.72...................................$0.21............................1.8%
2..............$10.86..........................$11.06...................................$0.20............................1.8%
1..............$10.06..........................$10.26...................................$0.20............................2.0%

If any of these are wrong I'm sure someone will let me know. Could someone explain why they couldn't offer the same percentage raise across the whole scale. It looks to me like nothing more than a wage bait for the topped out employees. I would like to know what formula was used to figure these out.

hey Mr thirty year guy want to explain whats fair about this?

I do understand what you are saying. But in the t/a it doesn't say that. I will post the section at the bottom for you to see.

From the East CBA:

13 E. Overtime required as a result of full-time vacancies/absences
14 and overtime required when additional shifts are necessary
15 which exceed five (5) work hours will be offered first to full16
time employees.

Overtime required as a result of part-time
23 vacancies/absences and overtime required when additional
24 shifts are necessary which are 5 work hours or less will be
25 offered first to part-time employees.

You've got to remember the TA is a supplement to the CBA, not the whole bible in and of itself.

The west goes by straight DOH for awarding overtime. They have one list. It doesn't matter if you are p/t, f/t, or a lead. Whoever is senior and signed up for the o/t has first choice. Whereas the east has three lists to complicate o/t matters each day. My question is what date will we use for being awarded the overtime if this t/a passes? Do we go by the west system, the east system, or some unknown system that will be thought up at the last minute? It doesn't say in the t/a.

It does say in the TA.

The Company and the Union agree that integration of seniority lists will be based on an
employee’s date of entry into his/her classification as defined in the collective bargaining
agreement covering each respective classification on the merged US Airways.

If you are only getting 1.7% of a pay raise then you are way down on the payscale and you will have to earn it like everyone else did.

Giantfan
If I am not mistaken did not M&R get a 10% across the board pay scale increase. Not only did we only get offered 8.5% thats is only for those with 12 years or more. The least they could have done was made the percentage equal across the whole scale.

Anybody with 4 years or less seniority hasn't had the 6 paycuts I have, the downsizing of cities I have, the loss of benefits I have, the out-sourcing I have, and all the other crap too numerous to count that I have!

SO I'M SO SORRY IF I'M NOT CRYING IN MY SOUP FOR A 4 YEAR EMPLOYEE

Giantfan
If I am not mistaken did not M&R get a 10% across the board pay scale increase. Not only did we only get offered 8.5% thats is only for those with 12 years or more. The least they could have done was made the percentage equal across the whole scale.
Joe he doesnt care it's all about him a fine face of unions everywhere

If you are only getting 1.7% of a pay raise then you are way down on the payscale and you will have to earn it like everyone else did.
That argument has no merit. A 1 year agent gets 2% and a 9 year gets 1.2%. There is no ryhme or reason to the scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts