Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody with 4 years or less seniority hasn't had the 6 paycuts I have, the downsizing of cities I have, the loss of benefits I have, the out-sourcing I have, and all the other crap too numerous to count that I have!

SO I'M SO SORRY IF I'M NOT CRYING IN MY SOUP FOR A 4 YEAR EMPLOYEE
An 8 year man gets 1.4% they went through the pay cuts.

9 year gets 1.2% and they went throught the pay cut too.

Joedirt--

Yes you're right except that overall Fleet gave up 10% but M&R gave up 23%...that's a big difference. And they are considered skilled labor don't forget!

Sorry, but I'm willing to wait. I feel confident that Section 6 for the West is at the least possible, I will tough it out. Even if Section 6 wasn't a possibility (and no matter how hard Canale wishes, it is) I'm still not going to vote for throwing 19 cities under the bus.
And yes, I'm a West employee.

So Neci, Maybe you can shed some light on this for me. Just wondering why the AWA pilots were not able to get sec 6 when they tried, and you think we can? Just seems like somethings not right. Those big important pilots tried their darnest and were shot down. Do you have a trick up your sleeve maybe you'd like to share with us, that the pilots union and ours couldn't figure out? You know, a way around those pesky NMB people?

Also Honey, I got another one for you. Maybe you just misunderstood, I'm going to guess that's it. You see if we don't vote for this TA giving some job protection to our field stations, then we are throwing those poor fellas under the bus. What an ugly mess that's going to be. Just wait and see the mess when those fellas go under the east contract. There's going to be furloughs everywhere. That's one big bus that would be barreling down on them. Let's just take care of those field stations now and vote for this thing. Everybody wins.

Joe---

I beg to differ---

An 8 or 9 year man went thru the most recent paycuts but not the ones in the early 90's with the Gulf War....or were you not here either then?

It's been a fun road.

. Do they just go straight to $19, or do they have to wait 6 months like we do?[/color][/b]

The goofy changes just apply to the west and east class II stations. The others just
fall into the contract on the day 1.

BF,

It seems like a shakey deal where the class 1 cities get their raise all at once, and the west and class 2 cities get theirs in 50% increments over an approximate 6 month period. I
t's Another Misdirection plot to sway the class 2 cities.

Rogue

Joedirt--

Yes you're right except that overall Fleet gave up 10% but M&R gave up 23%...that's a big difference. And they are considered skilled labor don't forget!
GF I'm not going to debate with you over this statement because it has been covered before. I'm sure someone else will though. My point is this its really not about the percentage number its about how its applied. I think we should have gotten a higher % raise. It seems you are happy with the 8.5%. Either way it should have been across the whole scale not just for us that are topped out.

12,135 hits in less than 4 days

thats got to be a new record........ want to send a BIG thank you to SHOCKER / GIANTS FAN and all the

other newbies that have decided to participate . YOUR presence is keeping the IAM fleet issues on the top ..

great job....EDUCATION IS A VALUABLE TOOL

Joe--

I could be wrong on this but I do not recollect ever seeing an across the board pay % increase. It's always been scaled down.

Please don't think I'm "happy" with 8.5%, trust me I'm not. But I'm sick of everybody ratifying these last 3 contracts (with the exception of September) with paycuts but standing "strong & together" on one finally with a raise.

So Neci, Maybe you can shed some light on this for me. Just wondering why the AWA pilots were not able to get sec 6 when they tried, and you think we can? Just seems like somethings not right. Those big important pilots tried their darnest and were shot down. Do you have a trick up your sleeve maybe you'd like to share with us, that the pilots union and ours couldn't figure out? You know, a way around those pesky NMB people?

Also Honey, I got another one for you. Maybe you just misunderstood, I'm going to guess that's it. You see if we don't vote for this TA giving some job protection to our field stations, then we are throwing those poor fellas under the bus. What an ugly mess that's going to be. Just wait and see the mess when those fellas go under the east contract. There's going to be furloughs everywhere. That's one big bus that would be barreling down on them. Let's just take care of those field stations now and vote for this thing. Everybody wins.

I completly agree with you. Guys get out your contracts look at the outsourcing language in our agreement. There is improvment in this T/A, so if this is voted down and the west come under our current deal get ready for layoffs, mostly in the west.
Yes I also wonder what these guys are smoking thinking that Doug is going to go into seperate negociations with the west. He will not has said so many times. No seperate agreements.
I was also told that since the TWU removed themselves from the process way back 2 years ago, The IAM has the right to put them under our current ageement.

GF,
" but M&R gave up 23%"

take in account that the majority of that percentage was throwing the cleaners to the curb.
and yet there p/s and now this based on the backs of employees no longer here.
not actually out of the pockets of the current employees like it was for us.

It's been evident since 1995 that D141 sells out UD fleet (read the 1999 {that's right, it took 141 5 years to ink the PPG} intial contract). 141 has even transposed some of the 1999 sell-out language into the latest t/a.

And why shouldn't they? The membership hasn't shown the balls yet to vote 141 out of office OR vote down any of their contracts. No wonder Hemenway and Canale are BFF's, or that Canale sits on the UA board (pruning US fleet down to a digestible size for UA).

What comes next is propoganda you MUST vote for this POS due to an unsure economy and pending mergers. Exactly the same BS 141 sold during BK.

For the uninformed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki227rUFf_k

Connect the dots!

Heres something for you guys to think about.
SOLIDARITY A PAY RAISE FOR ALL AND ONE PAY SCALE FOR ALL.
Thats for all you solidarity guys.

12,135 hits in less than 4 days

thats got to be a new record........ want to send a BIG thank you to SHOCKER / GIANTS FAN and all the

other newbies that have decided to participate . YOUR presence is keeping the IAM fleet issues on the top ..

great job....EDUCATION IS A VALUABLE TOOL

No Kidding OMan thats why you guys you should welcome our opinions and have an open debate about US issues.

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
Martin Luther King Jr.
US black civil rights leader & clergyman (1929 - 1968)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts