Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
"however me and 300 plus of my CLT co workers will be looking under that top line and we'll be voting No good health overcoming us "

Are u sure about that cltrat?

If you're making below top line this economy must be hitting you and the others pretty hard. You may be a no vote but I find it hard to believe you speak for all the other 300. If you do speak for all others than you're convincing them to vote no to doubltime, better sick time (albeit not great), a couple more holidays and a bump in the hourly. I'm not convinced they will all vote no, but hey you work in clt not me.

giantfan.
to show some creditability to who you say you are. ?? are you fleet / management / cs / mtc. and where do you work

I'll go first .

I have 20 plus years work in CLT and have spent time in other hubs and small stations . LOB back to you .

congrats on your Superbowl ring

Ok Oman..

I am fleet service, I have 30 years next month, I am original Peidmont, I have worked in 3 mid-atlantic stations and one northern station....which 3 out of 4 of those have now been out-sourced. I currently work in a Florida station. And my spouse is a HUGE Oriole fan....

OMan wtf? What did you expect? I was told the meeting was for Chairmen only...CLT should have known this.

Oman here is a funny video for you...it reminds me of all of us bloggers on this site...

Everyone lighten up...click here

Lets keep the record views going.

And BTW I go by stealtshocker now.

And a thousands votes for what? TA or DL 141 election? I am not running for anything out of CLT.

Then why was Dave Hall there? Is he a chairman?

I completly agree with you. Guys get out your contracts look at the outsourcing language in our agreement. There is improvment in this T/A, so if this is voted down and the west come under our current deal get ready for layoffs, mostly in the west.
Yes I also wonder what these guys are smoking thinking that Doug is going to go into seperate negociations with the west. He will not has said so many times. No seperate agreements.
I was also told that since the TWU removed themselves from the process way back 2 years ago, The IAM has the right to put them under our current ageement.

The TWU removed themselves because the IAM paid them too and are still paying them.

the mechanics got much more back including no layoff guarantee, other airlines are moving forward with pay raises.
regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago
Your information is not correct, only base mtc mechanics got no layoff protections, not line, therefore a base mech can bump a line mech and the line person get laid off.

And the M&R group gave back almost double the amount of concessions than fleet did, if you gave back more you will get more back.

Compare apples to apples not oranges.

GF,
" but M&R gave up 23%"

take in account that the majority of that percentage was throwing the cleaners to the curb.
and yet there p/s and now this based on the backs of employees no longer here.
not actually out of the pockets of the current employees like it was for us.
How many times do I have to explain this, there was less than 900 utility on the property, M&R gave up over $200 million in concessions.

Elimination of 850 Utility only saved the company $28,080,000 in wages, show me where the other $200 milion came from?

More mechanics were laidoff then Utility in the final offer CBA with the closing of the shops.

Please educate yourself on what really happened.

TO ALL:
I think we shoulkd stop trying to refute posts directed at getting us into a ''what if, how come,
or why then'' guestion and answer conversation. The posters that are pro TA are evident and I
seriously doubt they will be convinced to change thier vote.

We need to show the TA and what value it carries or the value it lacks. This is not a, I hate
Canale so vote no decision. We know it but it is another rock for people to throw. Simply read
it for yourselves and decide. I have stated I will be voting no and in doing so have made my
reasons clear. I dislike our current NC but that is not effecting my decision ,it is effecting my
vote come June. It has been pointed out the wage increase but the lack of an increase to get
my vote is not there and the significance of the 18 cities is unheard of in a TA being supported
by a NC. No union should ever sign thier names to any proposal that in it can lose members. The
IAM colors are obvious,$$$, they want a deal. They want the West's dues asap. As I pointed out
the offers a couple of pages back I went through and posted my main concerns and in doing so
have seen over 20 issues addressed that fall below my expectations. I do not seek a time machine,
to bring us back to the pay and benifits package form years ago but I am also not looking to relive
''Groundhogs Day'' for the next 5. Either the company has to offer a better agreement or the IAM
has to wait. Let the West come under the East current agreement for the remainder of the contract
and we'll talk in 09' when we will have the leverage of a strike vote and the ability to financially
effect the company and stock holders including even a minor stock holder (myself).

Th union has stated and I quote,
''US Airways has clearly stated to your Committee that if this agreement is not ratified they will not enter into any further bargaining for contract improvements until they are required to do so when the East agreement becomes amendable. ''

Though this is repeated on the recent letter from Canale I took this quote from a letter from Canale
last August. It becomes apparent that its' like when you were a child and your parents were going
to take you to task would count to 10 but slow up around 8 or so and start over. When you knew you
were in trouble there would be no threat no count so to say so don't buy it. Certain posters are dead
set Yes regardless and others dead No, my decision is made after reading the last proposal and
finding it below my needs to sign off and extend it. Two years from now, yes the economy could be
worse but no one posts it could be better and we'd be locked. If the company wants a deal sell it.
The IAM has taken to giving us the companys line of economic and company struggles. They are
doing AH's job for him. Thier position should be one of what we need and face daily. So let the
threats fall and concentrate on the language and protection it affords us or lack of.

Phl is not supporting this and are scheduled to hold meetings to voice thier lack of backing. RC, PF,
and GS have all called the local president and were asked not to bring this back. They have decided
once again not to listen to thier members but instead follow the $$ trail. BB has publicly said he is
against this agreement and we as a whole will vote this down, probably more so than this past Sep.
Some think it may be closer and we shall see but I feel just the opposite, people are disquisted.
Again make sure when the beaten has stopped make sure it was worth it. I'm guessing the numbers
out of Phl will be over 80% turnout so with Clt and most if not all the 18 cities mentioned should be
a solid No coming. I ask the other cities like Las and Phx to send an overwhelming message of
our unity and vote No. Show both the company and union a message. Were in this together. I care
about us as a whole not as a individual.

Good luck and vote.....irregardless

I have to agree with perserverance here. I think that the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT, with the "boss", being the ringleader, wholeheartedly agrees with the company. Heck the union is all worried about the company's finacial future, when they should be worried about it's members finacial future. It is my opinion that the current DL141 I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT leadership is a dictatorship hidden behind a veil of democracy. For all those in class II stations, don't be fooled by the $19.00. We wont see that untill at least mid Jan 09. I will be voting NO for my own reasons, 1 of which is I will not sell out for a few pieces of silver that is being dangled in front of me. I was at the meeting on friday, and while "the boss" is a passionate man, I believe that his passion lies with the company and not the membership. IMO it is not his place to state the companies finacial ups/downs to us the membership. We already know this stuff. The company tells us all the time. To him and the company, what about the last 2 years of extreme profitabilty. It was gloom and doom then aslo was it not. Maybee we should put new negotiators in there along with the company. A whole new team for the union, and a whole new team from the company, and see where that gets us. So I will be voting a big NO when the time comes.

This question is for 700UW…Distract Farce, and others…

How can I apply for a Communications job with the IAM?

You know, one that would allow me to monitor blogs, and post responses…
working from home… on my own PC.

Please provide contact numbers… as well as approximate compensation.
Are there full-time positions available…or just part-time?

Thank you…

No union should ever sign thier names to any proposal that in it can lose members. ... Let the West come under the East current agreement for the remainder of the contract

Now Persey, You don't really mean that, I'm sure. First you're saying that no union should sign something that can lose memebers. No one wants to lose members. We all need our jobs. But honey, next you say let the west come under the east agreement. Why Persey, you are asking to allow the company to get rid of 1,200 jobs by saying this. How could anyone in believe in you darling? We seem to have a little problem here. Do you want 1,200 people out of a job? Or do you want to protect 1,150 and hope the 50 that could be displaced in the 4 express cities, could work at a station near home? I know I want to protect as many as we can. I'm sure you do too! A YES vote will save jobs.

Then why was Dave Hall there? Is he a chairman?
The meeting was for local leaders. Canale makes his lies up as he goes. He tells me I'm not a Local Chairman and then tells the CLT committee guy he can't come in because he isn't a Local Chairman. Then Canale permits reps from MCO and other stations who aren't local chairman to enter. That's what Canale does so nobody should be surprised. At any rate, we'll pick up the talk against Canale moreso after the vote. The image at hand isn't Canale but this goofy contract.

At any rate, I will be putting out informational material so every member can rightfully discern this latest blunder that I will dab the "Wall Mart" contract. It was a 'deep' concession to the last contract offer in September. This is the September agreement minus full sick day snapback, minus 3 holidays, minus holiday pay, minus shift differ, minus pension increase, minus insourcing language. It is appaling that the negotiations team would bring back a contract that is worth millions less.

I will be putting out the specifics early to mid week. My information will be referenced so the masses can rightfully discern.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

This is the September agreement minus full sick day snapback, minus 3 holidays, minus holiday pay, minus shift differ, minus pension increase, minus insourcing language. It is appaling that the negotiations team would bring back a contract that is worth millions less.

Is this the same September contract that you AGAIN told everyone to vote down b/c it was garbage and we would win the looming CIC arbitration decision. Yea, well that didn't work out too well for anybody.

I know a lot of ppl look up to you and respect you. And I respect that. However, nothing you have said or done has put money in my pocket (or anyone else's ) and if this latest T/A helps me pay my bills then I'm voting for it.

This question is for 700UW…Distract Farce, and others…

How can I apply for a Communications job with the IAM?

You know, one that would allow me to monitor blogs, and post responses…
working from home… on my own PC.

Please provide contact numbers… as well as approximate compensation.
Are there full-time positions available…or just part-time?

Thank you…

Roa, I heard there may be an opening shockers nose was broken due to a sudden stop by "cheap suits" no idea who you contact though :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.