Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe---I agree. I would love to see a higher increase for the lower guys. I would love to see a higher wage in general for the newbies. Quite frankly I'm sick of picking up their slack b/c we can't hire anybody with a decent work ethic anymore b/c we're paying them garbage. I work with kids who may be one step up from gangbangers. It's demoralizing what this industry has become.
GF---How am I suspose to have a debate with you when you put out statements like that because I agree with you completely. Some might actually be gangbangers already.

I will like to call out Randy Canale to a friendly debate. I'll will make it painfully easy on him and fly to his home local. Randy's Local President, Bobby Boland is a great friend of mine and a respected labor leader in PA that IMO would get this done for me and Randy. This debate would be in the interest of the membership. So all issues can be flushed out.

My position is based on the following facts about this contract:
1. It doesn't pass the test of fairness when compared against the environmental backdrop
2. It doesn't pass the test of fairness when compared to the industry
3. It doesn't pass the test of fairness when compared to what the mechanics got and what Parker just announced for the corporate bosses.
4. It doesn't pass the test of fairness when compared against the much friendlier Septmeber agreement.

I am 'fully confident' that the only thing Randy can say is that oil is close to its highs and the stock is low and skybus went bankrupt last week. WTF?

When I get started on Canale I'm going to start on his inside and work out. Let's get this done and it's time for Randy to step up to the plate and out of the board room. I'll be calling Bobby Boland within 24 hours.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Would PHL be interested in a debate between me and Randy? IMO, it will put forth both sides of the argument, in which I belive mine is 100% convincing when compared. Randy couldn't look me straight in the eye last Friday. It was pathetic. he talks big when he screws the masses over, let's see how big he talks when he debates me.

Debate is American.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Please! Listen to Tim. Love him or hate him he has only your best interested at heart. For years I thought of Tim as only a rabble rouser, but now I see that he has it right and I have had it wrong.

I want a raise yet the cost is to high.

I want a pension that I can live on, in the USA not in some third world country like so so so many of our are people have been force to do. I know them.

Please people think of the future, not the now.

Dougie is looking for a way out, Dougie long's to pop his golden parachute. So he and Dave can go out drinking on SXM.

So many merger's are happening now how many more will congress approve!

Think and listen put your us vs them aside. On the east coast we want the west coast to be making what we do. That will only cut into Dougie's money.

It is time to stand up. We can shut this company down in a second. They know that we have forgotten that. It is time to get back what is rightfully ours.

It is time that Dougie and his treated us with the respected we are entitled to.

I have seen a monkey fly a plane, I have never seen them transfer a bag to the right flight

Tim have the debate in CLT. Peidmont blue has been drained from our blood thanks to this group. It would make a statemant of how we feel.

I will like to call out Randy Canale to a friendly debate. I'll will make it painfully easy on him and fly to his home local. Randy's Local President, Bobby Boland is a great friend of mine and a respected labor leader in PA that IMO would get this done for me and Randy. This debate would be in the interest of the membership. So all issues can be flushed out.

My position is based on the following facts about this contract:
1. It doesn't pass the test of fairness when compared against the environmental backdrop
2. It doesn't pass the test of fairness when compared to the industry
3. It doesn't pass the test of fairness when compared to what the mechanics got and what Parker just announced for the corporate bosses.
4. It doesn't pass the test of fairness when compared against the much friendlier Septmeber agreement.

I am 'fully confident' that the only thing Randy can say is that oil is close to its highs and the stock is low and skybus went bankrupt last week. WTF?

When I get started on Canale I'm going to start on his inside and work out. Let's get this done and it's time for Randy to step up to the plate and out of the board room. I'll be calling Bobby Boland within 24 hours.

regards,
Tim Nelson

I would gladly buy a ticket to see this debate! Wow what a great idea!

Please! Listen to Tim. Love him or hate him he has only your best interested at heart. For years I thought of Tim as only a rabble rouser, but now I see that he has it right and I have had it wrong.

I want a raise yet the cost is to high.

I want a pension that I can live on, in the USA not in some third world country like so so so many of our are people have been force to do. I know them.

Please people think of the future, not the now.

Dougie is looking for a way out, Dougie long's to pop his golden parachute. So he and Dave can go out drinking on SXM.

So many merger's are happening now how many more will congress approve!

Think and listen put your us vs them aside. On the east coast we want the west coast to be making what we do. That will only cut into Dougie's money.

It is time to stand up. We can shut this company down in a second. They know that we have forgotten that. It is time to get back what is rightfully ours.

It is time that Dougie and his treated us with the respected we are entitled to.

I have seen a monkey fly a plane, I have never seen them transfer a bag to the right flight
Big money and mergers is the trump card that is trumping oil and everything else. Fleet service deserves something fair. Don't let Canale, PHX, Hemenway beat you down and tell you that skybus closed up, oil is high, and the sky is falling. Canale is a big hillbilly and I seriously doubt he has been negotiating contracts for 32 years. I havent' seen him negotite one. I'm going to talk to Ken Thiede, a dear friend and union brother of mine, who was the previous District Chairman. I'm going to ask Ken if he ever let Canale negotiate. I'll find out if Canale is just blowing more smoke. My bet is Ken never let Randy negotiate a flippn thing.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Joe---I agree. I would love to see a higher increase for the lower guys. I would love to see a higher wage in general for the newbies. Quite frankly I'm sick of picking up their slack b/c we can't hire anybody with a decent work ethic anymore b/c we're paying them garbage. I work with kids who may be one step up from gangbangers. It's demoralizing what this industry has become.
giantsfan, first of all this is not personal to you at all I know Joe, most of my friends at work are 20 to 25 plus guys

finally something we agree completely on...lol some of these guys we get here i am not sure how some of them find the airport

I would gladly buy a ticket to see this debate! Wow what a great idea!
good. sell tickets for $5 at the door and donate to local charity. I will enjoy debating Canale. He has continuously lied to fleet service and continues to participate in devilish schemes against the masses. He only has like 40 days left.

For those who don't know, I called out Canale to a debate in PHL. I'm trying to get him out of the board room and into a freakn local. I'll fly to his home local to get this done, on my own dime. Bobby Boland, the PHL Local Prez has just been contacted to see if this can be done. It will be useful for the masses to have a debate between the two positions. My position is that this contract fails the fairness test 100% when compared against the environmental factors, industry standard, mechanic/company bonus deals, and when compared against the more lucrative September rejection. Canale is full of crap 100%, I intend to exploit that in a debate.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, chicago

Don't be surprised if you get a 90 percent NO vote in Philadelphia. The seniors have been grooming the newbies since the last POC TA was NOT voted in.

Tim is correct in stating that this TA is the same as the last, just rearranged a little differently. Total cost I assume is less. Hemenway will break these guys you can take that to the bank. He has too many years and too many tricks up his sleave to lose. He loves the challenge....but there doesn't seem to be on does there? The end result is up to the membership. They are trying to make fools of each and everyone of you. There is no give and take, there will be more to take contract bargaining takes place in 2009...a helluva better chance to get the whole pie.

The company wants you to vote yes, that surely should mean you should vote NO !

Tim while I would love to see it there is a better chance of DP giving back his 200% than Randy debating you

good. sell tickets for $5 at the door and donate to local charity. I will enjoy debating Canale. He has continuously lied to fleet service and continues to participate in devilish schemes against the masses. He only has like 40 days left.

For those who don't know, I called out Canale to a debate in PHL. I'm trying to get him out of the board room and into a freakn local. I'll fly to his home local to get this done, on my own dime. Bobby Boland, the PHL Local Prez has just been contacted to see if this can be done. It will be useful for the masses to have a debate between the two positions. My position is that this contract fails the fairness test 100% when compared against the environmental factors, industry standard, mechanic/company bonus deals, and when compared against the more lucrative September rejection. Canale is full of crap 100%, I intend to exploit that in a debate.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, chicago

Tim this is a good idea what can we do to make sure Randy shows up at the lodge? I'm sure if he is a true supporter of this Rag contract and wants it to get ratified he will come to philly.

Randy we await your answer? Whats it going to be Yes or No?

Your information is not correct, only base mtc mechanics got no layoff protections, not line, therefore a base mech can bump a line mech and the line person get laid off.

And the M&R group gave back almost double the amount of concessions than fleet did, if you gave back more you will get more back.

Compare apples to apples not oranges.

700UW, I truly wish you'd make up your mind. On the one hand, you argue fleet should have a substandard contract because fleet hasn't had a contract as long as M& 'used to be R' have.

Then, you hold the substandard contract (which D141 recommended a yes vote for) against fleet, saying fleet didn't give up as much as M &'used to be R'.

Talk about blaming the victim!

Fleet didn't have it to give because the mechanic union took five freakin'years to ink the PPG, all because of internal IAM politics.

BK reset the odometer to zero, and nobody at fleet gives one rat's a$$ about what mechs gave. Fleet has leaned to never rely on their 'union brothers' at M& 'used to be R' for anything, and they are tending to their own business.

Take the hint.

To all:

The contract and Canale are one and the same. When fleet rejected the 1998 t/a, an AGC said the new T/A just rearranged the furniture, but the total value of the proposal was the same as the rejected t/a. The Canalites blew some smoke and the membership fell for it.

Fast forward to BK and it's the same-same. The Canalites hid behind Levine's skirt and blew the same smoke.

The question is, will you fall for the same bill of goods a third time?

In the end, you need the stones to call their bluff.

The question I have...just what will it take for the east to vote yes? What is lacking in the present T/A that you can't sink your teeth in? Is it money? Is it the 18 cities? Just what are the issues here?

So, If anyone could please explain IN SPECIFIC terms why this should not pass, please enlighten me. Thank you

For me to vote yes;

1. DOH seniority for all bidding purposes, furloughs and in the event of any mergers would have to be mandatory. Effective the day after the t/a is ratified. Whether anyone believes it or not, DOH seniority is going to be a very precious commodity if we merge with UA, DL, or NW. Don't let them hoodwink you into accepting classification seniority again. Classification seniority is what gets people furloughed while people hired after you are still working.

2. I can accept the new payscale. But it must go into effect the day after the t/a is ratified. And there would be no waiting months to receive it all. We would all go directly to the spot on the payscale that our seniority entitles us to.

3. Double time and a half on holidays worked.

4. Double time after the first 4 hours of overtime on a scheduled work day. Double time on your second day off if you worked at least 4 hours on your first day off.

Rogue

Status
Not open for further replies.