Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOH seniority for all bidding purposes, furloughs and in the event of any mergers would have to be mandatory.

I asked a seniority commitee member about what defines "DOH" for seniority. My understanding now is that it is by whatever your "Adjusted DOH" is.

So I wanted to truly summarise the differences between the two TAs. Below is what I believe to be a factual summary of changes. I think I suceeded in sticking with the facts and not editorilising the content in any way. If you notice any errors PLEASE let me know!

Section 2: Change of Control provision gone.

Section 3: This:
“If any of these stations are out-sourced after December 31, 2011 the Company will be required to in-source those stations where the weekly jet departures increase to forty-nine (49) on an annualized basis.â€

Became this:
“For the period from the effective date of this Agreement, the Company will not be required to in-source any work or station that is currently out-sourced as of the effective date of this Agreement. Effective December 31, 2011 any station covered under this paragraph will fall under the January 31, 2005 CBA, Article 3 as amended.â€

Section 4: “In the event of a reduction in force these Employees will be subjected to Article 9 of the 2005 Agreement.†Was added to Article 4. I’m not sure what exactly is in the 2005 agreement, so I don’t know what it means.

“The classification of Lead Agent may include part-time Leads in stations with former West Employees and where there are current part-time leads or the station has previously had parttime leads, not to exceed a combined total of sixty-eight (68) part-time leads.â€

Article 5: Added 10 hour shifts

Article 6: Double time added, however you must work your 40 hours, then 8 hours, and THEN you get double time. You can now also get double time by working 4 hours on your first day off, and THEN working on your additional days off. This is very difficult (from what I understand) with equalization for OT award.

Article 7: While the 60 day rule is still eliminated, there is this text added “In addition, if an employee’s furlough station remains closed and the Employee is recalled to their selected recall station prior to OEI, such Employee will be placed on the pay scale consistent with their pay date seniority at date of furloughâ€.

Article 9: Added “Paragraph B.2.e modify such that Employee will also be prohibited from submitting system transfers for a period of twelve (12) months to part-time positions in their location if they had sufficient seniority to displace to part-time.
Paragraph C.4 modify such that full-time Employees have part-time recall only if they did not have sufficient seniority to displace to part-time.â€

Article 13: Reduced the bank required for 100% sick days from 150 to 100.

Article 14: Added Memorial Day and Martin Luther King day as paid holidays

Article 15: Deleted the bold “Should the Company extend the duration of COBRA benefits to retirees of any other represented group who do not have a mandated retirement at age sixty (60), such extension will also be made available to Employees covered under this Agreement.†I presume this only has to do with the “Age 60 rule†for pilots being eliminated.

Article 23: Eliminated the pension contribution increases. Also now mentions an incorrect 3% 401k match for West employees.

Article 28: Union positive space was changed. The September version:

“• Assistant General Chairman (AGC) assigned to the Company will be permitted to book
reasonable space positive travel to conduct Company / Union business where such business is
all or substantially all related to the Company. Such employee(s) will provide to the
Company a detailed monthly travel summary including flights, dates and purpose of travel.â€

The April version:

“The Company will authorize reasonable space positive travel (on a self-book basis) for up to five (5) union officials, providing that:
Such officials are employees or retirees of the Company, and
Are on full time union leave, and
Where the majority of their Union duties are related to the Company.
Such space positive travel is only authorized where the purpose of the travel is all or
substantially all related to the Company. Space positive travel is not authorized for
commuting, or any union business including but not limited to training and union
conventions. Officials authorized space positive travel will be required to complete a
monthly summary (no later than 10 days from the close of the previous business month) detailing all space positive travel in the applicable month.â€

Article 30: Profit sharing is eliminated effective 1/1/08.
Added “The Company may hire a new Employee at a rate above the minimum on the wage scale provided there is not a more senior employee at that location who is paid less than such new employee at that location. The Company retains the right to pay the wage rates stated in the wage scale to Employees hired subsequent to any Employee hired and paid above the minimum on the wage scale.â€

Article 32: Removed all changes

Article 33: Removed all changes. This was a now unneeded TA provision regarding the COC arbitration.

fuzz,
"If we stay where we are at, and with what this company has already said that they will reduce capacity, just remember until that is gone some of your buddies may be layed off and if they cannot come back than, well you know the rules of this silly provision in our current agreement.
For me that would be enough to vote yes to protect those guys who may be out there and possible facing this in the future.
Something that makes you Hummmm"

contradiciton there fuzz vote yes= 17 citys gone.
vote NO = might reduce capacity (really doubt that) and a few furloughs from folks more than likely
have less than a year or two.

which is . YES close 17 citys or NO risk possible furloughs . a YES is a certain guarantee
and since when do you really care about your buddys losing jobs..

Ok Oman..

I am fleet service, I have 30 years next month, I am original Peidmont, I have worked in 3 mid-atlantic stations and one northern station....which 3 out of 4 of those have now been out-sourced. I currently work in a Florida station. And my spouse is a HUGE Oriole fan....

thanks for the stats.

and god love your wife :up: :up: she had to battle alot of misery over the years. (referring to baseball)

perv,
reference your post on pg 33. Boy you must a hoot at the family thanksgiving table. You sure do have a lot to say :D :D

it took me 2 tall boys to get through that. otherwise GR8T post.....

"Th union has stated and I quote,
''US Airways has clearly stated to your Committee that if this agreement is not ratified they will not enter into any further bargaining for contract improvements until they are required to do so when the East agreement becomes amendable. ''

Though this is repeated on the recent letter from Canale I took this quote from a letter from Canale
last August. "

VERY GOOD POINT ON THAT .
typical management politics but being applied by our DL PREZ

wonder why Fleet is only labor group to lose Profit Sharing and keep that stupid 60 day rule when NO OTHER LABOR GROUPS have that crap in there. Pay not bad but why does it take 12 yrs instead of 10 yrs hmmmm Tim, Id love to see you and canale do debatesin the hubs and outsourced cities

robbedagain,

Because fleet keeps Canale in office and vote his contracts in.

The execs know they can count on Canale and 51% of the membership to deliver their bonus $$$

ARTICLE IX - DUTIES OF OFFICERS

Section 2. (a) The Assistant General Chairman shall attend all meetings of the Executive Board. They shall assist the President/Directing General Chairman in all functions and shall be responsible for organizing employees covered by District Lodge No. 141, and shall be responsible to the President/Directing General Chairman.
(B) For the faithful performance of their duties, each Assistant General Chairman shall receive the following monthly salary rate, effective 01-01-06:
First six (6) months' service $7,988.24
Second six (6) months' service $8,066.27
Thereafter $8,145.58
The above salaries shall be increased each January 1st by a percentage equal to the percentage increase in weighted average hourly earnings on a union-wide basis. In addition, a per diem while away from his designated headquarters in the regular performance of his duties.

this is from the DL141 bylaws.
Now when your friendly AGC comes a knocking and gives you the gloom and doom of life. ask HIM OR HER HOW MUCH ARE YOU GOING
TO MAKE OUT OF THIS..
another good question to ask . IF YOU weren't making what you make and had to go back to ramp WOULD YOU WITH THIS POS RAG.

there in lies the biggest problem with our neg team. the so called rebels that said hell no (EXCEPT GS PHL GCC) are ONE OF US not
one thats making over 8,000.00 dollars a month and is going TO GET A RAISE FOR BRINGING THIS BACK TO YOU ..

things to make you GO HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

hey Jester, kindly reference for us Canale's quote instead of manufacturing something that doesn't exist.

Is Canale's plan to tell the masses that your choice is between voting on this or him bringing the west in to the east contract and eliminating 1,200 jobs? Not hardly, read his letter and nowhere does he indicate he would be willing to consider what you are explicitly saying. What he does say is that Hemenway would like to do that. Kindly read his letter again.

Now, first off, doesn't something right off the bat tell you that that is unjust and inequitable, especially if a union forces the layoffs even if it isn't compelled to? Canale isn't going to do that even if he could. It's nuts and does damage to justice to suggest that a union would force 1,200 layoffs. It isn't going to happen. Bottom line.

The good thing is that he can't do it even if he wanted to. The District bylaws restrict the District General Chairperson from making major changes to any contract without a ratification. We will cover this with an information piece so people can be educated to this lie Canale is spreading.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

US Airways has clearly stated to your Committee that if this agreement is not ratified they will not enter into any further bargaining for contract improvements until they are required to do so when the East agreement becomes amendable. They will only consider a straight transition of West employees into the existing East agreement, with no improvements for East employees. This is important to understand when deciding how to vote. Your Committee had to confront the same reality at the bargaining table.

Umm...This reminds me of the movie "The Godfather"...Luca Brazzi and my Dad made him an offer he couldn't refuse...while Luca held a gun to his head, my father said "either your brains or your signature will be on the bottom of the page"

So Tim, which is it?

your above post . was what the company said . Not Canale. It's typical Management politics

they have already said that to us twice . and both times have come back. look it took 2 1/2 yrs to get doug

to even schd a sit down with the IAM . now in the last 6 months he has met with US 4 times. WHO WANTS IT MORE.

you tell me. Of course the company is going to say that. what else can they say . HEY BOYS throw it out there if it don't fly

we will call you on MON and go from there. come on .

US Airways has clearly stated to your Committee that if this agreement is not ratified they will not enter into any further bargaining for contract improvements until they are required to do so when the East agreement becomes amendable. They will only consider a straight transition of West employees into the existing East agreement, with no improvements for East employees. This is important to understand when deciding how to vote. Your Committee had to confront the same reality at the bargaining table.

Umm...This reminds me of the movie "The Godfather"...Luca Brazzi and my Dad made him an offer he couldn't refuse...while Luca held a gun to his head, my father said "either your brains or your signature will be on the bottom of the page"

Vito Corleone could back that threat up. I have not heard one person cite a source that demonstrates that Canale can. There have been several instances of Canale making that exact threat and not following though though.

necigrad,
nice post and informative :up:

Hope it helps all :)

your above post . was what the company said . Not Canale. It's typical Management politics

they have already said that to us twice
. and both times have come back. look it took 2 1/2 yrs to get doug

to even schd a sit down with the IAM . now in the last 6 months he has met with US 4 times. WHO WANTS IT MORE.

you tell me. Of course the company is going to say that. what else can they say . HEY BOYS throw it out there if it don't fly

we will call you on MON and go from there. come on .

O-Man...I don't recall ever hearing or reading for that matter, such a statement. Please show me where that was written if you would.

Quote: giantfan

I feel this T/A is a stepping stone to a better future contract. Due to the previous 2 bankruptcies and being forced to take what was given this is essentially on par with a "first contract", which can only be improved upon.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is what we were told by the IAM in 1999 !

Quote: giantfan

I feel this T/A is a stepping stone to a better future contract. Due to the previous 2 bankruptcies and being forced to take what was given this is essentially on par with a "first contract", which can only be improved upon.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is what we were told by the IAM in 1999 !
[/quote]
That's what the west was told in 2000. No more "first contracts" for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.