Future Tulsa 514 President Dan Mitchell Removed From Office

First of all, the President was elected by all the members of Local 514. The majority of who are Mechanic & Related. So what’s your point. You don’t believe in the democratic process?

The TWU does not believe in the democratic process.

The TWU does not believe in runoff elections.

When you vote for the president of the united states, how many people of each party are on the ticket?

When we voted for the president for local 514 there were around 6 or 7 people running. Correct me if I'm wrong but all but one were mechanics. Most of stores voted for the stores guy and the mechanics votes were split between all the mechanics running.

After the elections at the next membership meeting someone asked if we could have a vote to create runoff elections to narrow down the people running to just two or three.

TWU said that would be against their constitution.

Reactions: 1 person
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]

If I knew I wouldn't be asking. I'm sure Dan knows as well as the Local Officers. As I suggested earlier, that? question can and should be asked at the next membership meeting.

Asking to hear the truth is bashing???[/background]

OK what's the question?

The question is - what did he do in addition to sharing what's been described by some as a public document. It certainly wasn't what got him the subsequent penalty. As I keep saying, if no one comes forward with the truth, ask the question at the next membership meeting.

The TWU does not believe in the democratic process.

- You really mean the democratic process as you think it should be.

The TWU does not believe in runoff elections.

- If its not in the constitution it has nothing to do with whether the TWU believes in it or not. It would take a change which would have to be voted on by the membership. Maybe that's something that should be considered, not because someone from a contract group you don't care for won the election, but because it's logical.

When you vote for the president of the united states, how many people of each party are on the ticket?

- Read the above statement

When we voted for the president for local 514 there were around 6 or 7 people running. Correct me if I'm wrong but all but one were mechanics. Most of stores voted for the stores guy and the mechanics votes were split between all the mechanics running. Isn't that what usually happens in local elections.

- that appears to be what happened, however, I'm sure the Department of Labor supports the right of all members in good standing to run for office no matter how small of a group they represent in the Local Union.

After the elections at the next membership meeting someone asked if we could have a vote to create runoff elections to narrow down the people running to just two or three.

TWU said that would be against their constitution.

- that's true and won't be changed until the members vote for the change in the constitution. The Convention next year is the place to do that. Personally, I think it makes a lot of sense.

The Department of Labor authorizes the Local's Convention Delegates to vote on behalf of the Local's members they're elected to represent.

As far as I know, if a runoff election is prohibited by the Local's By Laws, the Local can request the Int'l Union for a By Law change to provide for that. If its a Convention issue, the question of run-off elections can be submitted by the Local Union for consideration by the Delegates at the Convention.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Pilot union leaders at American Airlines have rejected the carrier's final contract offer, leaving it to a judge to decide whether to grant the company's request to vacate the labor group's collective bargaining agreement in bankruptcy court. What's the plan now Bob? (strike 2)

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Pilot union leaders at American Airlines have rejected the carrier's final contract offer, leaving it to a judge to decide whether to grant the company's request to vacate the labor group's collective bargaining agreement in bankruptcy court. What's the plan now Bob? (strike 2)

What domicile Dan Mitchell fly from?

Since there's apparently no info coming out before the next membership meeting regarding what the real issue was involving Dan, I thought I would ask a new question that affects us all. Bob seems to have a lot of information so I asked him. I doubt Dan is as well informed as Bob is.

Since there's apparently no info coming out before the next membership meeting regarding what the real issue was involving Dan, I thought I would ask a new question that affects us all. Bob seems to have a lot of information so I asked him. I doubt Dan is as well informed as Bob is.
Probably not....

I am glad to see the Local 514 trial committee decided to reinstate Dan. He is a good union man. Thank you for not making this trial a kangaroo court.

Why would he accept being "returned" to the officer position with the punitive actions attached - regardless of the "charges"?

Much, much more to this story.
Because we need him back in negotiations that's why. Sure taking a stand may seem like the right thing to do but all that would result in is Dan sitting out the rest of negotiations.

Reactions: 1 person
If I knew I wouldn't be asking. I'm sure Dan knows as well as the Local Officers. As I suggested earlier, that question can and should be asked at the next membership meeting.

Asking to hear the truth is bashing???

For all we know you, and Overspeed may be asking in order to bait him to comment on it so they can remove him again.

Are you aware that they tapped into his emails, like the company does for those who are foolish enough to use the AA.com e-mail system?

Reactions: 3 people