Good News...More Flight Attendant recalls

This whole recall thing is getting more interesting by the minutes. Apparently some former TWA flight attendants specifically the STL base chair was blackmailing apfa with
some members of congress from Missouri to attach ammendment to some legislation so the former TWA can get their seniority back. I am sick and tire of this. When are they going to give it up.
Am so sick of this whole TWA fiasco. This TWA purchase was the worse decision EVER done by AMR management.

Am so sick of this whole TWA fiasco. This TWA purchase was the worse decision EVER done by AMR management.

I disagree. In hindsight, the TWA purchase has not worked out the way it was intended, but I don't think it's the worst management blunder ever. It looked like an ok idea at the time.

Had AA not purchased TWA in early 2001, I've always assumed that many more thousands of nAAtives would have been furloughed in the wake of September 11, 2001, instead of the former TWA employees. They essentially served as furlough insulation for thousands of nAAtives.

And, of course, had OBL not orchestrated such a successful attack against AA, UA and the USA, the combined AA/TWA might be a much more successful powerhouse than the current AA. Who knows? AA might have been able to better fight the fledgling B6 instead of retreating from many B6 markets. We'll never know.

IMO, the reprehensible conduct of a few former TWA FAs who insist on suing AA and the APFA to get what they can't get (DOH - Date of Original Hire Seniority) don't necessarily make the TWA purchase the worst mistake ever.

I disagree. In hindsight, the TWA purchase has not worked out the way it was intended, but I don't think it's the worst management blunder ever. It looked like an ok idea at the time.

Had AA not purchased TWA in early 2001, I've always assumed that many more thousands of nAAtives would have been furloughed in the wake of September 11, 2001, instead of the former TWA employees. They essentially served as furlough insulation for thousands of nAAtives.

And, of course, had OBL not orchestrated such a successful attack against AA, UA and the USA, the combined AA/TWA might be a much more successful powerhouse than the current AA. Who knows? AA might have been able to better fight the fledgling B6 instead of retreating from many B6 markets. We'll never know.

IMO, the reprehensible conduct of a few former TWA FAs who insist on suing AA and the APFA to get what they can't get (DOH - Date of Original Hire Seniority) don't necessarily make the TWA purchase the worst mistake ever.

Having not been one of those to sue (actually all suits against the APFA have been et al including the RPA suit) I am wondering, does that make all "reprehensible"? What an interesting word. I can't imagine the good nAAtives would have gone quietly into that good night. But are we really going there again?

This whole recall thing is getting more interesting by the minutes. Apparently some former TWA flight attendants specifically the STL base chair was blackmailing apfa with
some members of congress from Missouri to attach ammendment to some legislation so the former TWA can get their seniority back. I am sick and tire of this. When are they going to give it up.

The whole blackmail thing was mentioned a few pages back. It's really an unbelievable story and is disgusting and disheartening on many levels. I'm not really buying it. The whole unbelievability factor is what turns me off. The endless lawsuits are definitely something that makes it impossible for all of us to move on. Unfortunately, with the way laws are set up as long as they can keep finding lawyers to take their case the APFA will have to pay lawyers to defend us. It will not matter how many times we win if there are lawyers who think they have a shot.

Having not been one of those to sue (actually all suits against the APFA have been et al including the RPA suit) I am wondering, does that make all "reprehensible"? What an interesting word. I can't imagine the good nAAtives would have gone quietly into that good night. But are we really going there again?

Have we ever left 'there'? As the leader of the Coalition for Union Principles, I find it kind of funny that you even question our departure from 'there'. Isn't that a little disingenuous?

Have we ever left 'there'? As the leader of the Coalition for Union Principles, I find it kind of funny that you even question our departure from 'there'. Isn't that a little disingenuous?

LOL..apples and oranges..the Coalition has never sued anyone. However.....

Well if the price of oil keeps keeps going up it will be deja vu all over again!!!!!
Yep, all AA has to do is to speed up the retirements of the S-80 fleet because they use too much fuel and heads will start to roll. I'm thinking atleast 1200.
Hope not though.

Yep, all AA has to do is to speed up the retirements of the S-80 fleet because they use too much fuel and heads will start to roll. I'm thinking atleast 1200.
Hope not though.
Today, February 24, 2011
12:08 PM ET
AMR Corp Cut To Sell From Hold By S&P Equity Research

LOL..apples and oranges..the Coalition has never sued anyone. However.....
[/quot

Yeah, the coalition for union principles that you headed was more focused on being SCABS for American if we ever went on strike. Your reputation is forever marred by this.

Aren't a lot of the recalls we have coming up some of the 86'er group from TWA? They gladly went to work for TWA as Scabs so I imagine their desire to participate in a strike is not that strong. Coalition or not, I am sure they will gladly cross a picket line.

Aren't a lot of the recalls we have coming up some of the 86'er group from TWA? They gladly went to work for TWA as Scabs so I imagine their desire to participate in a strike is not that strong. Coalition or not, I am sure they will gladly cross a picket line.

Sorry, you don't get to comment on our 85/86 hires. They paid their dues and many of them have become strong union advocates. Most were 18-19 when hired by TWA. It was a different time. We have dealt with the issue and most have come to some sort of understanding. Our strike was over 2 years. Yours was 5 days. You had people running across to the point your union was panicked. There wasn't even enough time to exchange phone numbers and recipes. Be very careful "going there". I hear AA isn't real big on hostile workplace activity.

In this day and age there is nothing heroic about a strike. I see a lot of chest thumping but when it comes down to the decision, you have to be ready to never fly again. That my friends is the reality of a real strike. You never recoup what you lose. Our strike destroyed marriages, sisters/brothers never speak to a sibling again, long time friendships gone, homes lost, bankruptcy, no medical insurance for you or your family, for 2 f/a families, loss of all income, not a lot of community support because after all you are just f/as. You can hope it will be of short duration but if fuel is high AA might just want to shut it down for a while. Never underestimate what the company will do. TWA acquired OZ. That brought in enough f/as to staff the operation. That alone kept us out for an extra year.

You don't have to worry about the Coalition or the former TWA f/as. You are your own worst enemies. Look how many don't vote. Look how many don't bother to get informed on what is going on in the industry. The "me me" will bring you down. Please don't quote the 96% because the APFA never released the true numbers. The apathy is palpable except when it comes to the thought of someone being awarded credit for their industry service.

By the way, what has the APFA or the f/as done to deserve any loyalty? Just curious.

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry, you don't get to comment on our 85/86 hires. They paid their dues and many of them have become strong union advocates. Most were 18-19 when hired by TWA. It was a different time. We have dealt with the issue and most have come to some sort of understanding. Our strike was over 2 years. Yours was 5 days. You had people running across to the point your union was panicked. There wasn't even enough time to exchange phone numbers and recipes. Be very careful "going there". I hear AA isn't real big on hostile workplace activity.

In this day and age there is nothing heroic about a strike. I see a lot of chest thumping but when it comes down to the decision, you have to be ready to never fly again. That my friends is the reality of a real strike. You never recoup what you lose. Our strike destroyed marriages, sisters/brothers never speak to a sibling again, long time friendships gone, homes lost, bankruptcy, no medical insurance for you or your family, for 2 f/a families, loss of all income, not a lot of community support because after all you are just f/as. You can hope it will be of short duration but if fuel is high AA might just want to shut it down for a while. Never underestimate what the company will do. TWA acquired OZ. That brought in enough f/as to staff the operation. That alone kept us out for an extra year.

You don't have to worry about the Coalition or the former TWA f/as. You are your own worst enemies. Look how many don't vote. Look how many don't bother to get informed on what is going on in the industry. The "me me" will bring you down. Please don't quote the 96% because the APFA never released the true numbers. The apathy is palpable except when it comes to the thought of someone being awarded credit for their industry service.

By the way, what has the APFA or the f/as done to deserve any loyalty? Just curious.

I can't comment on your strike, but you can comment on mine?

I actually was "educated" about the soon to be returning 86'ers by a former TWA gal I shared a jumpseat with not too long ago. She was the one who was none too happy about their return. She even told me that during the furloughs in 2002, once the 86'ers were on the chopping block, that many at TWA LLC refused to take an Overage Leave because they did not want to save the job of an 86'er. My contact with former TWA'ers in the workplace has been somewhat limited, so I was surprised to hear her mention that so many of her TWA colleagues still keep tabs of who worked and who did not. She was the one who indicated to me that they will most likely not honor a job action.

As for voting, I agree with you 100%. I was especially shocked to see the low voter turnout at LGA, where former TWA'ers are growing in numbers. Sweet Willie didn't get invited back. Voter apathy is everywhere and not just at AA. My friends at SW and CO say there turn outs are just as low.

I can't comment on your strike, but you can comment on mine?

Hmmm. Someone out for two years, vs. someone out for a really long weekend...

I'd say that any of the TW or EA strikers earned the right to trump any other AA employee's claim to being a subject matter expert on what it means to be out on strike.

Hell, some APFA members weren't really even strikers, because they either called in sick, or hadn't been scheduled to work a trip during those five days...

Why are we talking about strikes? I don't think the nmb
will trigger a 30 day cooling off period anytime soon.

Latest posts