IAM fleet service thread 7/5-7/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogue,

P.

If you were only there to integrate the lists and no decisions were made by the committee, who made the decision on how the lists would be integrated?

Doug Parker, when we merged. He said that our employees couldn't be stapled to the bottom of the east seniority. When I first met with this committee, it was stated by the International that we would get the seniority we had and that would determine where we fell on the list.

Would you please explain what an (adjusted seniority date field) is? Also what is the (America West’s Human Resources Information System) and where can it be found?

In negotiations, the IAM agreed to take on the 60 tower people under the companies rules. That meant that whatever they had as a seniority date was what they got. That is what that language meant. We are only verifying that these tower people in fact have been with the company continuosly for what the company claims.

I have no answers for you other than this. It is what it is and I think that we should have left the tower people out if this is what the company wanted. I wasn't there and can appreciate the tough decisions that have to be made in negotiations. I've been there. Giving the company their way by giving the tower people all of their seniority is against my principles. I have no problem with giving them their pay seniority because I would never want to hurt anyone financially.

P. Rez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back