IAM Fleet Service topic 12/9-

Status
Not open for further replies.
The meetings are always held at the American Legion, the local and the union hall are one in the same.

A Big Thanks to the Grievance Chair C. L. and the grievance committee in PHX for their hard work to get Lead openings for members that were on their way to other locations. Check out iam141.org contracts USairways!!! Great Job GF

Yeah, lots of people from LAS are going, many who were otherwise going to the street. Good Job.

I dont know about other stations but at mine, our mgmt (shift mngrs included) wont doc us points if a snow blizzard is there. We VTO the shifts or somthng to that tune. and that occured DEC 19 snow I cant vouch for this weekend due to me being on vacation. Looks as though I picked a good weekend! Heard they got a record or close to it and the airport wont reopen til mid day monday

I heard that some folks wont be coming to Philly after all seems the Union being successful in getting lead jobs for PHX. FSA's will now be able to take these jobs and be much closer to home.

Thats great news and very happy for those FSA's......Nice going to all Union reps involved to get those workers those positions in PHX

I heard that some folks wont be coming to Philly after all seems the Union being successful in getting lead jobs for PHX. FSA's will now be able to take these jobs and be much closer to home.

Thats great news and very happy for those FSA's......Nice going to all Union reps involved to get those workers those positions in PHX

that is a plus and i hope we get a little stronger here in phx instead of everyone against each other. work together for all my brothers and sisters here in phx and also system wide

Harry,
for what its worth, you belong to one of the most conservative locals on the system .
I know for a fact that PHL pays close to 70 bucks a month .and not quite sure what PIT pays but
ask some of your co-workers from PIT. CLT local only takes out what it NEEDS to OPERATE the local.
thats why WE don't send 10 people to conventions. and have Elaborate Christmas and Summer Partys.
WE don't have a sky box at panther stadium. etc etc. As painful as it might be I will say if having
a contract that keeps me employed and ensures my benefits cost me an extra 2.00 bucks a pay then
I'll take it. Cause you know as much as me that without the union . Parker would have sub contracted US
out a long time ago . Try working for those misfits at 10 bucks an hour an NO health insurance . NO
flt benefits etc etc.
we pay 56 dollars a month for topped out employees in phl.

I'm not to see that three months after US Airways announced furloughs they made the termination process into a total fiasco. While I can't speak for everywhere, I can say a few things about LAS. Please note that this is all at least second hand. First off LAS Management turned it into a joke of a game to out process. The advance checks were often very short. I heard of one persons final check being $0.00, MANY people claiming errors, and no one saying theirs was right. Supposedly badges for the Airport will be turned off at midnight at the Companies request, yet some furloughees WILL STILL BE WORKING past midnight. I also heard of at least one member of Management being exceptionally rude to people with a very pisspoor attitude.

US Airways, I have never been more disgusted with you until today. You set a new low in the industry.

To any of our brothers and sisters getting laid off my heart goes out to you ... i wish you the very best and truly hope that our bussiness will pick up fast enough to allow your return by the end of the year ...

i just wanted to share some tips with any of you who maybe going onto food stamps ... (or simply need to shop more efficently )

As far as places to shop for food go , i've found sam's club to be one of the cheapest places around short of ranch markets ..their memebership fee is 40 dollars , but you could find someone to split that 20/20 ( because one memebrship gives two cards ) , also they accept food stamps , however i'm not sure if you can put that towards the memebrship fee..

unlike other wharehouses they list ALL of their prices on their webcite . here is a link to the grocery section of their webcite

grocery link to sam's club webcite food section

another tip to save money is to partner shop with someone ... their porportions are so big you could shop and split an order once you get home .

i urge you too look at their grocery section via the web ... you will need to type in your zip code and chose the nearest store to get your location specfic prices .

To any of our brothers and sisters getting laid off my heart goes out to you ... i wish you the very best and truly hope that our bussiness will pick up fast enough to allow your return by the end of the year ...

i just wanted to share some tips with any of you who maybe going onto food stamps ... (or simply need to shop more efficently )

As far as places to shop for food go , i've found sam's club to be one of the cheapest places around short of ranch markets ..their memebership fee is 40 dollars , but you could find someone to split that 20/20 ( because one memebrship gives two cards ) , also they accept food stamps , however i'm not sure if you can put that towards the memebrship fee..

unlike other wharehouses they list ALL of their prices on their webcite . here is a link to the grocery section of their webcite

grocery link to sam's club webcite food section

another tip to save money is to partner shop with someone ... their porportions are so big you could shop and split an order once you get home .

i urge you too look at their grocery section via the web ... you will need to type in your zip code and chose the nearest store to get your location specfic prices .

I shop at Costco the workers are union I would not shop at Sams they are a non union company of non union WalMart a company that is one big clearing for China. Keep supporting companies like this and we will all be outta work.

WTF?!

Why would you encourage *anyone* to set foot in that place? Everytime someone crosses a Sam's or wal Mart threshold, they're contributing to the downfall of the American middle class.

As for your "heart going out" to people being shown the door, is that sympathy only for hub city personnel? Weren't you the one rattling on not too long ago about field stations needing to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.