IAM Fleet Service topic 12/9-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the company has yet again come up with some excuse as to why International will now not be on the regular ramp bid yet again...in CLT....any one hear the excuse this time?

Any excuse they give now could hold no merit with me....totally ridiculous...

Jimmy:
I have no idea if this has anything to do with it or if it's true. but I was told Int'l. will be adding 40 new ft positions & ramp will get 40 pt. positions.

Jimmy:
I have no idea if this has anything to do with it or if it's true. but I was told Int'l. will be adding 40 new ft positions & ramp will get 40 pt. positions.
That would still have absolutely nothing to do with all positions being put on one bid and one seniority roster for bidding purposes.....someone in Intl. has laid a bunch of BS on the higher Ups and have them spooked...that's all

If the rumors are true about CLT there's gonna be a LOT of pissed off people from LAS that wanted those positions. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that the Company will not pay for any of those that bid it and didn't get it for the displacement.

15 positions in PHX... Maybe when I get furloughed...

That would still have absolutely nothing to do with all positions being put on one bid and one seniority roster for bidding purposes.....someone in Intl. has laid a bunch of BS on the higher Ups and have them spooked...that's all

You hit the nail on the head Jimmy

What it is, is the Intl. managers/ peeon's are control freaks. The Grievance Committee had a commitment from the Ramp Director that Intl. would open up. A power play was made in that a new position was manufactured at Intl. .... Director of Intl.. This chick who knows nothing about ramp operations is attempting a coup along with the ramp managers so that they can keep their click intact.
For example; the ramp director is saying that Intl. will open up as soon as the staffing issue is resolved. On that same day the Intl. managers are briefing in the break room that they would make sure that Intl. would never open up. Its kinda like telling the boss to stick it up the @$$ they dont care what he says.

To that end, the Grievance Committee has put in a harder push to the station VP to insure the area opens up.
In their support, everyone SHOULD raise holy hell with the Station VP to make their displeasure known. She most likely does not know about this pissin match.

If the rumors are true about CLT there's gonna be a LOT of pissed off people from LAS that wanted those positions. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that the Company will not pay for any of those that bid it and didn't get it for the displacement.

You have misinterpreted what is been stated. The 40 openings are a readjustment of fleet from regular ramp to Intl. ramp. there are no additional openings in CLT just a shift of personnel.

By the way, does your call sign mean that you are a New England Culinary Institute Graduate?

You have misinterpreted what is been stated. The 40 openings are a readjustment of fleet from regular ramp to Intl. ramp. there are no additional openings in CLT just a shift of personnel.

By the way, does your call sign mean that you are a New England Culinary Institute Graduate?
If they are re adjusting (moving ppl from ramp to Intl.) that's even more reason to open it up.......Dear GOD...talk about ridiculous....

According to what was posted on the union board, there are more like "40-ish" ramp lead positions in PHX and they will be transferred in phases of 15 at a time. When the first will arrive and how much time between each 15 I do not know.

Interesting most airports the ground crew is treaded just like the inflight crews
Oh but we are, they're in line with us as well.

Ahhh

In a past life, yes. Smart you are :) It's what happens when you have a totally unnspiring moment and need an email addy back in the 90s. It was all I could come up with, it stuck, and for some strange reason is never taken.

On another note, it seems our workbrains now reflect our 2% wage increase as of today. Funny how the company just randomly did that today. Thought we were supposed to see that the FIRST Monday after the FIRST pay period... which would have been Jan. 11. Does this mean the company screwed us out of 11 days worth of our additional pay rate, and what our rate would have been including the holiday pay for MLK day? Seems fishy that it arbitrarily posted to the workbrain today, and does not account for any previous days in this pay period... <_<

There's actually no shenanigans by the Company here. The raise does go into effect at the start of the first COMPLETE pay period after the first, just as your step raise after your anniversary. The pay will be retroactive in your check, it's just not in Workbrain right now.

Thought I'd post an update out of PHL. The Int'l Manager over ramp
and inside agents resigned yesterday citing personel reasons. Do not know what happened but she seemed fine
earlier in the day. I know US has been tight on
the budget and cut man power while increasing
flight schedule but do not know why she left so abruptly.

Sounds as though she got "Da Boot", had a MTC Mgr decide to retire 4pm on a Mon or Tues....what would you call it?

just checked out a new update on 141.org

Its good to see our NEW DIRECTION leadership is out in the field

talking and "listening" to the membership.. Good job Mickey H . Keep up the

good work.http://iam141.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back