IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a recap of the Chairperson's Conference. If you have any other questions ask your GC.

2011 District 141 Chairman’s Conference Recap

----- First time that Fleet Service Agents will be negotiating their contract

----- There will be 8 union brothers who will be training at the Winpinsinger Campus in mid-May 2011

----- Priorities with respect to the contract will be:
Scope/Language
Job Security
Pay
Pension
Grievance Timelines

----- Attendenance Control Policy Issues
Does union incorporate language into upcoming contract
How do we arbitrate a company policy that is not in CBA

----- I.A.M. Injury Reporting System
PHL Safety Committee presented how the system operates
Tracks injuries, equipment movement through system, and
Cause/effect so all union members can be involved

----- Mediation Process (after Step 3, before arbitration)
7 of 8 cases were ruled in favor of I.A.M.

Looks like "Amateur Hour" once again... let's send a 8 Fleet Service Agents to a training class for a few days, and then attempt to negotiate against better experienced and educated professionals on the other side. What could go wrong? The IAM reminds me of the expression, "Don't expect much, and you won't be disappointed," which would be good advice for its membership.

However, as I stated many times in this forum, this CBA will be about scope and job security, as they are the Top 2 on the list in order of priorities as I doubt that either Pensions and Greviance timelines which are at the bottom of the list would be ahead of any of the other aforementioned objectives.

Still amazing... rampers in charge of complex contract negotiations... what's next? CSA's in charge of fuel hedging contracts?

So Befuddles Jester.

thanks to the poster that updated the higlights of Chairmans Conference. Good Luck to the guys in PHL with there new election. it surprises me because all we here out west is how strong phl
is with solidarity , which I thought meant they had strong leadership . Oh well good luck anyway thanks again

thanks to the poster that updated the higlights of Chairmans Conference. Good Luck to the guys in PHL with there new election. it surprises me because all we here out west is how strong phl
is with solidarity , which I thought meant they had strong leadership . Oh well good luck anyway thanks again

I talked to one of my friends in PHL and he told me since the new Local Grievance Committee Chairman G.A was elected he has done a horrible job, down right horrible!
Since G.A took the position in January G.A has lost so many jobs from termination members are fearful they could be next. Whats so bad about this is G.A campaigned promised better for PHL members and its gotten a lot worse back to to the days when the 22 were fired. From what I hear the Cases are piling up so fast Local Management is concerned its going to make them look bad since many will head to arbitration levels something corporate doesn't want to add to since there is such a back log. Since the members in PHL choose GA as there guy the District President selected him as negotiator because its what the members wanted and they got it! Since his acceptance to be on the Neg Committee he failed to attend the first meeting that was held in CLE. So now there will be another election. One guy filed a protest for the presidents vote but when he did that its opened a can of worms, the whole vote was reviewed and now everything is in play again.

What a mess...I hope PHL members have seen thru this sham of G.A Good Luck....

I negotiations, what exactly is JOB SECURITY? How is it defined when it comes to the membership as a group, or one single member?

Rogue.....
It all depends on who you ask. I am sure each person, depending upon where they work, will give you a slightly different answer of what JOB SECURITY means. As a single member, those working at outstations probably incorporate job security to mean adding language to a contract that will PROHIBIT outsourcing of outstations... as a person at an outstation, that epitomizes job security. As a group, I think it all starts with elimination of language that allows for outsourcing. Why, you ask? Well, as we have seen, when stations get the axe, it creates a flood of people into the hubs, therefore pushing people further down the seniority list and actually displacing a few from the bottom of the list.

We are all doomed if GA sits in on our negotiations. Since he was elected the company is running rampant on all of us, taking advantage of his inexperience and from what we are hearing about 60 or 70 guys have submiited paperwork to get out of new facility. The director over there most definately believes he can play dictator and rate job performance? Where oh where is GA? Probably in the same spot on the curb smoking his cigs while we are working the sweatshop. Get out and vote for experience this time. This is not the time with negotiations to vote for that thereof.

DEX

One more thing to add is that alot of us were working 2 at a gate on saturday night and we could not even gat a hold of GA. The union telephone cell number said mailbox full and we have about 25 trac cell numbers of his in the past that are turned off! There was severe weather on saturday and managers were doing our work? What's up with that????
Its getting worse by the hour in PHL and we have no one helping us. We pay our dues and expect for our newly elected show!!!! From what we are hearing they don't even know how to write a grievance? What's up with that?????

One more thing to add is that alot of us were working 2 at a gate on saturday night and we could not even gat a hold of GA. The union telephone cell number said mailbox full and we have about 25 trac cell numbers of his in the past that are turned off! There was severe weather on saturday and managers were doing our work? What's up with that????
Its getting worse by the hour in PHL and we have no one helping us. We pay our dues and expect for our newly elected show!!!! From what we are hearing they don't even know how to write a grievance? What's up with that?????

What you got to be kidding me the PHL guys couldn't get a hold of GA? But the guys in PHL who elected him said GA was going to be available when he ran for his position?

The grievances pile up and he mumbles to the few folks he talks to that he is going to look into that...

Oh and I wonder how PHL is feeling knowing he will be going into negotiations.....IMO knowing that GA has had 25 trac phones makes me wonder if he can't keep a budget for himself for personal expenses God help us all if he is going to handle all of ours in contract talks for our lively hoods...

I tried contacting my agc for phx mike crowell but his voice mail is full . I don't know if he reads this stuff or not but my question to him is . Are you ever planning on coming to phx and introduce yourself and maybe give us an update on the negotiations process what we can expect , when will it begin and maybe answer some questions that the membership has. I talked with some folks in other stations and they see there agc at least once and a while . to my knowledge this guy has never been to a breakroom much less give the membership a chance to talk to him . I also understand that he was reassigned from his east coast citys because he wasn't doing his job so now we are stuck with him out here I realize phx may not be the biggest hub on the system but we should at least have the opportunity to meet this guy face to face . If he doesn't want to represent the membership in phx then can we please get someone who will . this guy is a joke . I am strongly considering becoming a dues objector whats the purpose of paying dues when you can't even get the opportunity to talk to your unon rep. I guess maybe we will see him when theres another election . I have no complaints with our grievance committee they are working with what they have but its just very concerning that I remember that things were going to change with this new team of officers well it looks llike things have gotten worse. No communication from the district level and I remember that was one of there promises.

got 2 seperate phone calls from some members in PHX asking if the company can do random drug test on the leads . they said it seems to go on all the time . My question to RR or AGC MC and the GC is
why is this still going on its my understandng that under the TWU contract it was permissible but got a news flash for ya . PHX works under the IAM contract and no way does it state they can just
randomly drug test someone for the heck of it. Can someone out there please enlighten us here and if in fact this is going on WHY isn't the Distrtict Officer in charge of that city all over this. Also just wondering if
there are any opening's for fT fleet in PHX

got 2 seperate phone calls from some members in PHX asking if the company can do random drug test on the leads . they said it seems to go on all the time . My question to RR or AGC MC and the GC is why is this still going on its my understandng that under the TWU contract it was permissible but got a news flash for ya . PHX works under the IAM contract and no way does it state they can just randomly drug test someone for the heck of it. Can someone out there please enlighten us here and if in fact this is going on WHY isn't the Distrtict Officer in charge of that city all over this. Also just wondering if there are any opening's for fT fleet in PHX

In terms of the drug testing matter, it would not be subject to the CBA, but rather it is addressed under Federal law with the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991. Prior rulings by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in 1990 upheld drug testing for airline employees, as well. So pretty much accept it as being the law.

Furthermore, random testing is required for those airline employees in safety sensitive positions in accordance to 14 CFR Part 120, Subpart E, Section 120.109("b") and 14 CFR Part 120, Subpart F, Section 120.217("c"). However, determining what is considered to be "random" must follow guidelines which eliminate rolling dice, drawing names from a hat or cutting a deck of playing cards.

So Confers Jester.

Fleet is not subject to random testing under the law, its pilots, fas, mechanics, dispatchers, not ramp.

Drug testing for Fleet is only post accident or suspicion, otherwise its a violation of company policy, fleet is not safety sensitive under the FAA.

Pilots, Flight Attendants, Dispatchers, Mechanics, Stock Clerk Drivers (Class B CDL) are the only ones subject to random under the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back