IAM -- Mechanic and Related Thread for 2/29 to 3/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a rumor? I just read that a group of Wall Street Airline analyst's have downgraded LCC after it was leaked out that the IAM is seeking full (8 hrs) pay for sick days for it's M&R members. It's after 11am, way past my bedtime, I'll be good now and log out and go to bed.

They can downgrade all they want - a sick day should be paid at full pay. Period.

As of this afternoon the IAM and the company were still exchanging transition proposals. We should no by tomorrow if we are going to reach an agreement, keep negotiating or calling it quits until Jan. 2009.

My optimism is at the low end of the scale considering the way this company continues to devalue the workforce. :angry:

Has anyone heard how the IAM plans on dividing up the Profit Sharing Checks this time around ???

There is no official ruling on it. But I am willing to give 1000 to 1 odds that is being shared 100% with the west.

With that being said, I am not going to waste my time bitching about how wrong it is, and all the particulars about they get more holiday, cheaper health care, not in their contract, etc etc etc. I am just as angry as the next guy, but to me its not worth it to be miserable over it.

I am going to wait and see if something is brought back that I or we can live with that makes improvements in all areas of our contract.

What people have to do is be realistic in thier expectations. Sure, I want it all. :up: My old pension, retiree healthcare, full sick pay, a Fricckin Gigantic RAISE, more A&P premium, shift dif, 6 weeks vacation, etc etc etc.

But I'm smart enough to realize that aint gonna happen at that level, so I will wait and see if and what is offered and make my choice on whether I can live with itor not.

One other note about the profit sharing, we won't have to worry about it next year, because it will be out of the contract.

IAM update

March 6, 2008
To the Mechanic and Related Members at US Airways:

Your transition negotiation committee is still in Phoenix, AZ. Transition talks are still proceeding and the
committee is planning on staying until Saturday. While plans were for the team to return home on Friday,
progress has been made and your committee is prepared to continue to meet to bring these talks to a successful
conclusion. More information will be sent as we work on bringing these talks to an end and/or a successful
conclusion.

Your continued support is paramount to obtaining an agreement.We are committed to getting a fair and
equitable agreement and we will continue to keep you informed as this process continues.

With that being said, I am not going to waste my time bitching about how wrong it is, and all the particulars about they get more holiday, cheaper health care, not in their contract, etc etc etc.

Those 'particulars' that you speak of were part of the "inferior" IBT contract.....should you have them? YES - I believe you should. Did everybody at this company make it possible to even earn a profit? Yes - and I feel everyone of those people should get that too. Doug Parker was willing to bring everybody up to the highest payscale when he spoke of the Delta merger - now it is not even whispered.

The T/A should be fairly simple....keep all the holidays, keep the double OT, keep the shift diff, keep the profit sharing, keep the CIC language, keep the premiums, keep the people and the jobs where they are and compensate each and every one of these LIFE SAVING, money saving 'Faces Behind Safety' at rates that are commensurate with their skill, responsibility and LIABILITY.....

Status
Not open for further replies.