IAM Fleet Service Thread 3/7-3/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are living in a dream world. The M&R contract is apples to oranges to what fleets is. Personally I would like to see us top out $5 more bucks an hour than where we will. But I got to climb the mountain from the bottom up.

I just don't see you guys getting the scope protection that ALL of their members NEED, and the raises they expect all at once. I do wish them luck.

The west fleet need to know the little secret that the east guy in CLT (Mike C) would chose a nice raise over any of you having job protection. I heard it out of the mouth of one of your projected new agc's at a union meeting. He said it directly to Flynn maonths ago. It was screw the west protection, CLT wants you to show us the money. Hey, but at least he will move up over the rest. Be careful fleet boys and girls.

You guys are living in a dream world. The M&R contract is apples to oranges to what fleets is. Personally I would like to see us top out $5 more bucks an hour than where we will. But I got to climb the mountain from the bottom up.

I just don't see you guys getting the scope protection that ALL of their members NEED, and the raises they expect all at once. I do wish them luck.

The west fleet need to know the little secret that the east guy in CLT (Mike C) would chose a nice raise over any of you having job protection. I heard it out of the mouth of one of your projected new agc's at a union meeting. He said it directly to Flynn maonths ago. It was screw the west protection, CLT wants you to show us the money. Hey, but at least he will move up over the rest. Be careful fleet boys and girls.

That is what I was talking about. The CLT members will call you
an outright liar. There is an old retired guy at the meetings that
talks about feeding this company aluminum on a daily basis.
If this is you it baffles me that you make these statements.
CLT is more solid than ever when it comes to job protections for
the east and the west.
If you are neither fleet nor an active Mechanic , then what is your
agenda?

I really hope you mechanics ratify your agreement. It will help fleet. Nuff said.

Remember, we just po boys and yous'ns are smarter than fleet. We dumb because we work the ramp. Just make sure you ratify your agreement for us.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

FYI... Its no secret...

Mr Nelson,
Your attempt to try to force the IAM to section 6 negotiations is misguided. It's no coincidence that LCC's stock dropped 5.37% during trading yesterday as the investors were not to pleased with the new section 6 talks ALPA is now going to force. Don't you realize that section 6 at this point would be further damaging? Section 6 is a path but let cool heads prevail. Negotiations have been scheduled for fleet in a couple weeks, and management has given indications that it may be willing to work with fleet on enhancing the rejected proposal of August. Before last week, there was no indication given. So let's see if management is truly committed to putting forth a proposal that is an improvement to the one that was rejected, before we start shouting section 6.

If we go the section 6 path like ALPA then you can forget about positioning your company for the upcoming merger activity that you and I both know is going to happen due to oil. The pilot election may have already caused enough damage on the property but if other work groups start screaming section 6 then that will definately be killing the golden goose and you will have nobody to blame but yourself.

I know this is not popular with your so called network but now isn't the time to fight and pound chests. Mergers are not pleasant for workers and they involve layoffs but the alternative will most likely be chapter 7 this time. And at this point we are hopeful that management's expressed desire to resolve the issues with fleet service by offering an enhanced version of the rejected proposal may come to be in this next round of negotiations which will conclude in the first week of April. Either think things through before you file a DFR or start passing out home depot applications.
You are starting to show your age as you are only repeating yourself. Obsiously you are in 'the know' about negotiations since there is no hint of what you are talking about on the 141 website. I agree that that's probably spot on though, at least that's what I figured after the mechanic TA was announced.
At any rate, your focus shouldn't be on killing the golden goose but rather pointing to the golden parachutes. You got the first part right....it's GOLDEN all right.
If they can have golden protections then our masses can have golden protections. And if Fleet service got the same 16% compensation package plus 3%'s each year it would take fleet up to $20.38 initially and .65 cent yearly raises thereafter till 2014. Fair is fair. And this is without the shift differ. In the context of this new discovery of what wage increase the company gave the mechanics, fleet's negotiators should be asking for more but have only asked for the very modest $20hr as bottom dollar amount. Fleet should expect the same rates in each additional year also, not the 2% but the 3% per year. If the company can afford giving future wage increases of 3% to some groups then it can afford to give the same wage % to this lowly poor group.

District Force, if it's not doable then it's not doable and please tell hemenway to stop wasting our time. Why does he keep coming back? He's becoming quite pesky trying to get back to the table. Weren't you the one that told everyone that if the last rag got rejected that we were all doomed and that the company would wait till 2009 and refuse to come back to the table? I'm not a prophet but I know what the scoreboard sez and I called yours and Canale's BS there and I'm doing it now also.
Not so ironically, hemenway is getting to be a pest wanting to get back to the table. If he listened and rightly understood the september rejection then maybe something can be ratified. Im not as optimistic as you that the company has indicated it is willing to now offer something better than the rejected contract. What the company sez and what it does are two entirely different things. Perhaps you know something I don't but I do like the thought that the company finally gets the idea that their proposal will be insulting and will provoke more negotiations walkouts if it offers goofy contracts that aren't adequate.

regards,
Tim Nelson

This was on the internet this morning out of the Pittsburg Tribune about the pilots requesting Section 6 with the company. Why is the government giving only companies the rights of survival.

US Airways rejects pilots' proposal
By Bloomberg News
Saturday, March 15, 2008

Airways Group Inc. rejected a request to begin talks on a separate contract with pilots who flew for the former America West Airlines before a 2005 merger.

What will happen next! And will our attorney for Fleet and the DFR ever respond! Help!
Actually, US AIRWAYS doesn't have a choice in the matter legally. I agree with what ALPA's counsel said this morning,

"US Airways is obligated by an earlier agreement to begin talks following the union's request, Tania Bziukiewicz, a union spokeswoman, said in an interview.

"I understand they want to negotiate a single agreement, but they are required to negotiate with us," she said. "The company doesn't have a choice."

This is the RLA and Tania is 'spot on'. Obviously the company wants to avoid section 6 and wants each union to look the other way. Hemenway's intent seems to be to hang on to transition talks with the pilots until USAPA gets voted in. USAPA has given no indication that it will attempt section 6.
The west has experienced 'great pain' by ALPA and the IAM because of its refusal over thee past 2 years to enforce the contracts and instead agreeing with Hemenway to avoid section 6. Until the IAM is willing to recognize section 6, and the west negotiators are willing to stand up for its contract, the west will continue to experience 'great pain'. I've been preaching this for 2 years now and finally a union agrees with me, unfortunately not the IAM. I'm not the smartest guy but these unions are killing us with their constant ramblings of appeasing the company's paradigm.
I believe this is primarily because the west negotiators have 'kissed the pinky' of Boss Canale and been offered jobs.

regards,
Tim Nelson

I did some research on the 30-day cooling off period and this is what I found:

What if no agreement is reached during the 30-day cooling off period?
If no agreement is reached by the end of the 30-day cooling off period, the parties are free to exercise "self-help." This means that the carrier is free to impose its last offer, temporarily cease operations or engage in other self-help activity (e.g., hiring permanent replacements). The union is free to strike or engage in other self-help activity.

So we could all be FIRED if we reject the companies final offer? How does this help us?

Here's a flow chart in case anyone was ineterested:

http://www.nmb.gov/publicinfo/collbarg2.pdf

Here's some more food for though:

APPLICATIONS FOR MEDIATION

7. Q: What happens if the parties cannot reach an agreement in direct negotiations?
A: If either party believes an agreement cannot be reached in direct negotiations, that party can apply for mediation with the NMB. Upon application, the NMB will docket the application and assign a mediator to the case.

8. Q: Can the parties file a joint mediation application?
A: Yes, parties may file jointly with the NMB for mediation services.

9. Q: Do both parties have to sign the application for mediation?
A: No, only the party applying for mediation services must sign the application. The signature must be from the highest authority in the organization, i.e., an officer of either the Union or the Company. If the parties file jointly, then both parties must sign the application.

10. Q: Where do we get the mediation application?
A: Applications for mediation may be obtained through the NMB web site or from the Director of Mediation office at the NMB. (www.nmb.gov/mediation/mapply.html)

11. Q: What happens after the application is received by the NMB?
A: The application is first reviewed to ensure that it is completed properly and appropriately, and if so, the case is then docketed.
http://www.nmb.gov/mediation/faq-mediation.html

So, if memory serves me correctly, we DID get some mediators to come in, and they helped us get a TA to vote on. We of corse turned it down. So now can't we take the next step in section 6? Is this where we think we have a case in the DFR?

Here's your answer:

20. Q: What is a "proffer of arbitration"?
A: When the NMB believes that further mediation efforts will not result in an agreement, it issues a proffer of arbitration, which is an offer to the parties to arbitrate any remaining issues.

Why hasn't the union done this yet? With all the rhetoric they've been spewing out, they say it will be impossible to negotiate, bla bla bla....
I say it's time to start the section 6!
If we were to begin negotiations next week, or whenever, we can request mediation. Then we play hard ball, don't accept any crap agreements, say we want arbitration, and begin the cooling off period!

That is what I was talking about. The CLT members will call you
an outright liar. There is an old retired guy at the meetings that
talks about feeding this company aluminum on a daily basis.
If this is you it baffles me that you make these statements.
CLT is more solid than ever when it comes to job protections for
the east and the west.
If you are neither fleet nor an active Mechanic , then what is your
agenda?

I know what I heard and the Mike C. guy told Pat Flynn staight out, show CLT the money even if the IAM has to throw the west unprotected boys under the bus. WE want are $$$$$, screw them guys, they didn't take the cuts that we did!! :angry:

True unionism at work? NOT :down:

Be careful west guys on who you vote onto your new team. I would want a leader that will work for the WHOLE membership, not one that will elevate his pay and his home stations pay at the cost of jobs to his western coworkers. :shock: :down:

The truth hurts. :angry:

notice he makes a statement with no prove and answers none of your questions redeye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back