IAM -- Mechanic and Related Thread for 2/29 to 3/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
This will be the thread for IAM M&R for the week. Let's keep on topic and NOT make it personal.

This will be the thread for IAM M&R for the week. Let's keep on topic and NOT make it personal.

Thanks Richard for starting a M&R thread seperate from fleet topics.

This is to all the M&R people east and west. If next week when our group meets with the company, and Al offers us any POS transition deal, its time for US (East & West) to starting feeding this company aluminum on a daily basis. :up: Breakfast, lunch and dinner!!

Our union can't make a posting on our websites to bring this on. Nobody should have to tell the line guys what to do! :shock: The quickest way for the company to give us back what we deserve is thru the morning launch, or lack of. Yep, its allot more work, but nobody is going to help us if we don't help ourselves. Its time for everyone to STEP UP and quit blaming the union and show the company ourselves.

Come on Al, 5 frickin paid holidays a year, thats just UNAMERICAN! Half sick pay, no shift differential, no double time, low license premiums, etc etc etc. I could go on and on but that will make me puke all over this keyboard. Lets not forget the RETROACTIVE PAY CUTS WE TOOK, yep, I bet you guys out west never heard of such a thing. We were forced to have money we already earned deducted from our paychecks during bankruptcy. It was just unbelievable.

Lets see what happens next week, and if goes down hill again, NOW IS THE TIME!

Thanks Richard for starting a M&R thread seperate from fleet topics.

This is to all the M&R people east and west. If next week when our group meets with the company, and Al offers us any POS transition deal, its time for US (East & West) to starting feeding this company aluminum on a daily basis. :up: Breakfast, lunch and dinner!!

Our union can't make a posting on our websites to bring this on. Nobody should have to tell the line guys what to do! :shock: The quickest way for the company to give us back what we deserve is thru the morning launch, or lack of. Yep, its allot more work, but nobody is going to help us if we don't help ourselves. Its time for everyone to STEP UP and quit blaming the union and show the company ourselves.

Come on Al, 5 frickin paid holidays a year, thats just UNAMERICAN! Half sick pay, no shift differential, no double time, low license premiums, etc etc etc. I could go on and on but that will make me puke all over this keyboard.

Lets see what happens next week, and if goes down hill again, NOW IS THE TIME!
Sorry to Be Negative, Where Were The SUPPORT's for the WEST TECH's when the MGT @ Phx AZ Released eight Tech's in Phx AZ Last December? :eek: for Doing there JOB? The West GOT NO SUPPORT From anyone. Not EVEN THE IAM EAST Tech's.Some LOST Three Week's pay. So For you all To Even Think that We in the WEST will Support this Action your Saddly Mistaken. The WEST TECH's ARE GUN SHY, Like a Horse Thats Been Shot @ get What I Mean? WE ALSO HAVE A TECH THATS A MOLE REPORTING ALL & EVERYTHING TO MGT, & on top of that HE's RECORDING People with a Hidden Tape Recorder Trying to Be A HERO. Show US WEST TECH's Your Actions By What you Do not What you SAY. Where WERE YOU ALL @ DURING THE USAIRWAYS COALITION MEETING Yesterday 28 FEB 2008.???
Mr EAgle :)

Sorry to Be Negative, Where Were The SUPPORT's for the WEST TECH's when the MGT @ Phx AZ Released eight Tech's in Phx AZ Last December? :eek: for Doing there JOB? The West GOT NO SUPPORT From anyone. Not EVEN THE IAM EAST Tech's.Some LOST Three Week's pay. So For you all To Even Think that We in the WEST will Support this Action your Saddly Mistaken. The WEST TECH's ARE GUN SHY, Like a Horse Thats Been Shot @ get What I Mean? WE ALSO HAVE A TECH THATS A MOLE REPORTING ALL & EVERYTHING TO MGT, & on top of that HE's RECORDING People with a Hidden Tape Recorder Trying to Be A HERO. Show US WEST TECH's Your Actions By What you Do not What you SAY. Where WERE YOU ALL @ DURING THE USAIRWAYS COALITION MEETING Yesterday 28 FEB 2008.???
Mr EAgle :)

Negative or not Eagle, you guys have more to lose than us, so go ahead and don't join in. Most in the East didn't even know what was going on with the techs who got suspended. And the stories we did hear were not accurate. There is a smart way and a dumb way to put it to the company. From what I heard, the guys were using the not so smart approach. You can't grunt or moan when your putting it in the company, you have to do it silently. :up: Its not that hard.

And these transition talks are for both sides. Maybe you don't know what your going to get if improvements are not made to the contract. I have read your book, and it looks to me that your in for a hell of a cut. Lets see, minus 4 holidays a year, half sick pay, no shift differential, much higher healthcare costs, etc etc etc. Your guys in LAS will lose over $250 bucks a month in increased health care costs alone. I suggest you read our book, and then maybe get prepared for that part time job you guys will need to make ends meet.

So, you do have a horse in this race, and I suggest you guys learn to ride him the "smart" way.

This bashing is exactly what the Dougie and his boys want. Divide and conquer.As for the IAM, they are what they are, sucking everyone's hard earn money away and not doing anything for East or West.

This bashing is exactly what the Dougie and his boys want. Divide and conquer.As for the IAM, they are what they are, sucking everyone's hard earn money away and not doing anything for East or West.

Man, you need to practice what you preach. We are ALL in this together, thats west, east and the IAM. So whether you wanted to keep the teamsters or kick out the IAM, at this point and time sticking together is the ONLY option.

And these transition talks are for both sides. Maybe you don't know what your going to get if improvements are not made to the contract. I have read your book, and it looks to me that your in for a hell of a cut. Lets see, minus 4 holidays a year, half sick pay, no shift differential, much higher healthcare costs, etc etc etc. Your guys in LAS will lose over $250 bucks a month in increased health care costs alone. I suggest you read our book, and then maybe get prepared for that part time job you guys will need to make ends meet.

So, you do have a horse in this race, and I suggest you guys learn to ride him the "smart" way.
[/quote] from
From AluminumEnemaTime

We Live And Have been Living OFF OUR WEST OVERTIME,Opportunities,So No I Do Not Have to Get another JOB. You Have Limited OT thats What I Have Been TOLD. The IAM is Administrating the IBT Teamster's Contract, We Have Been With out Any Pay Raise's for Five Year's, {YOU ALL GOT A Contractual Raise Appoximately $1.00/Hour}, West Tech's are under an AMENDABLE CONTRACT FOR Five Year's & Counting. SO If we Do not Get a Transition T/A to VOTE on West will Be without for another five years, till approximatley 2012. Wow Something good to look for. Just throw THE WEST People Under the Bus and Get it over with. The Stock clerks stand to gain a Hefty Raise $3.00 To $6.00/Hour. The WEST is Surviving Well. Just GUN SHY & SHOCKED.
:down:

[
We Live And Have been Living OFF OUR WEST OVERTIME,Opportunities,So No I Do Not Have to Get another JOB. You Have Limited OT thats What I Have Been TOLD. The IAM is Administrating the IBT Teamster's Contract, We Have Been With out Any Pay Raise's for Five Year's, {YOU ALL GOT A Contractual Raise Appoximately $1.00/Hour}, West Tech's are under an AMENDABLE CONTRACT FOR Five Year's & Counting. SO If we Do not Get a Transition T/A to VOTE on West will Be without for another five years, till approximatley 2012. Wow Something good to look for. Just throw THE WEST People Under the Bus and Get it over with. The Stock clerks stand to gain a Hefty Raise $3.00 To $6.00/Hour. The WEST is Surviving Well. Just GUN SHY & SHOCKED.
Mick :down:
Eagle, lets get somehing straight, we nor I am against anyone on the west. Like I said WE are in this together. I know your old contract expired in 2003. But it was AW who dragged it out to prevent the west group from getting what they were due. Hey look, we are sharing our contactual profit sharing with you guys for the 2nd year in a row. But we are not getting your holidays, sick pay policy, cheaper health care costs, etc etc etc.

But I don't think working OT when the company is short handed is going to gain the group in a whole anything. Sure it will help all of you guys individually.

We have it in our contract that we must start talks in Jan 2009, and file for mediation by July 2009. 6 months before the current contract is set to expire, so maybe this time these provisions will speed things up.

We are just as fed up as everyone else and I am not going to waste anymore time fighting with you, your not the enemy Mick.

Man, you need to practice what you preach. We are ALL in this together, thats west, east and the IAM. So whether you wanted to keep the teamsters or kick out the IAM, at this point and time sticking together is the ONLY option.
That is exactly what I was trying to say. But, I was not trying to be an advocate for one bad union over another.

Any agreement put forth with the IAM Pension Plan in it is a NO vote. Do not allow them, the IAM, the power to divert our income. When you leave US do you still want to deal with the IAM in your golden years?

Any agreement put forth with the IAM Pension Plan in it is a NO vote. Do not allow them, the IAM, the power to divert our income. When you leave US do you still want to deal with the IAM in your golden years?
The US AIRWAYS Company IS ADVOCATING/DEMANDING ETC: The Pention NOT THE IAM
Dont Let The FACTS get you into trouble. MR E.

To say its a NO vote over 1 issue is not very smart. :blink: Most would have to see the total package to make an educated desicion. There is allot more than that. Pay, holidays,sick pay, Lisence premium, sh. dif., OT, Pension starting point and yearly multiplier, duration, future raises What else did I miss? The list goes on and on.

Most will weigh out the total package, but my hopes are low for the company to step up and make any offer that is realistic for us to accept. :down:

[color="#AFEEEE"]The US AIRWAYS Company IS ADVOCATING/DEMANDING ETC: The Pention NOT THE IAM
[/color]

And Eagle, what are you saying. That the company is trying to force the pension on the union??
Your confusing us Easties. :unsure:

To say its a NO vote over 1 issue is not very smart. :blink: Most would have to see the total package to make an educated desicion. There is allot more than that. Pay, holidays,sick pay, Lisence premium, sh. dif., OT, Pension starting point and yearly multiplier, duration, future raises What else did I miss? The list goes on and on.

Most will weigh out the total package, but my hopes are low for the company to step up and make any offer that is realistic for us to accept. :down:

[color="#AFEEEE"]The US AIRWAYS Company IS ADVOCATING/DEMANDING ETC: The Pention NOT THE IAM
[/color]

And Eagle, what are you saying. That the company is trying to force the pension on the union??
Your confusing us Easties. :unsure:

The sad part is even if the company agrees to full sick, more holidays, more vacation, shift diff, Double time........these are all part of the 'inferior' Teamster contract. The downside to the IBT CBA was outsourcing and COC verbiage - and that is about it. The iam CBA can keep all the jobs in PHL, CLT and PIT....close 20 line stations as long as the guys get the chance to chase their job across the country. The downside to the iam CBA is it is all about the hubs - everything is about base mx (because that is where most of the people are) there is little vision from the union and less from the co. Bringing the East up to the West level in these regards is great for them - throw in a modest wage, COC language and profit sharing and there might be a fighting chance to get this resolved while their is a still a US AIRways.

This Company has let me down in a great way - there was so much potential to be great and it was all pissed away by instant gratification.

No your info is wrong.

There is a minimum amount of line stations that have to be maintained in the IAM/US CBA.

I am not an AMFA booster, IBT card signer, nor TWU cheerleader. I have no problem with the IAM except that I do not want them managing my retirement. An individual's pension money is the biggest investment of your life. Despite what those talking heads on the financial news show say if your house is your biggest investment your not going to retire. Where do you think the IAM is going to get the funds to support their pension plan? They will get the company to divert some of your 401k allotment and I would guess some future monies into their fund. Thanks but NO THANKS I'll take my 401k and take my own chances. Like I said earlier I wouldn't trust the IAM with their hand in my pocket. Yes I know there not out to rob us blind but the details about this fund are just like everything else the IAM does , secret. Is this one issue worthy of a NO vote? You bet it is, it's a multi-million dollar deal. It will far surpass the total value of any and all benifits likely to be offered by the company. If there is interest in an IAM pension fund why not make it a voluntary option? Do you think you will be around to meet the five year vesting period? On a side note the IAM/CBA east says line stations will include at a minimum PIT, CLT, PHL, LGA, BOS, DCA, and at least four other stations as determined by the company. Have a USAIR day!

Status
Not open for further replies.