IAM Fleet Service Thread 3/7-3/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
pj,
have another Heiney ... You were number for 4 on the board :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

Oman,
It's the Rocky Mountain high for me, the ole "Silver Bullet". And as of 0700 today, back on top. :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: .

Back on topic. Are they talking April 1,2, and 3? And if the company wants our Profit sharing, the CIC language gone, and the extension, for me it has to be at least $21 to $22 to start, with the extras thrown in. Like vacations, sick time, better health/dental, doubletime, shift differential, everybody on the same pay scale, no more class I class II BS. NO OUTSOURCING! And increased pension/401k match, either one is O.K. with me there.

Mike, I swear you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Earlier in the thread, you threatened to transfer stations in order take Bagchucker's job with your greater seniority, and when when I brought this to your attention of the irony, you later claimed to have mispoken, the comment was a mistake and apologized to Bagchucker. Furthermore, you then attacked me for being wrong about the bump-and-flush and chastized me suggesting that I need review the lengthy CBA on the matter, do you remember? I do. Now you are claiming it can happen again, and better yet, you have proposed plan??? Oh, the additional irony! And oh, my aching head reading these amazing contradictions on your part! Once again, I couldn't make this stuff up!

So Mike, is this your final answer or are you going to change your mind again like Ann Hecht during an "Advocate" celebrity interview? Like so many in here, serious creditability issues to their opinions and "facts". :down:

So Announces Jester.

It was henderfuzz not bagchucker. And it was about his shift I wanted if thats the way it fell. Read the CBA. I've been furloughed twice as IAM USAIR.

It was henderfuzz not bagchucker. And it was about his shift I wanted if thats the way it fell. Read the CBA. I've been furloughed twice as IAM USAIR.

I would think if there is an agreement that would force some stations to transfer out that there would be some kind of fence that would not allow east agents to transfer to west stations for a pierod of time.
Just a guess on my part.

If this attorney says the case has merit, based on non disclosures, then it will go to Federal District court if there is the support from the west to do this. Hard earned $10 is what it will take provided there is mass agreement to part with a $10 bill [I think this is possible and many from the east would support it financially with a $10 or so].
At any rate, once the west gets led to the water and the groundwork of securing an attorney for you guys has been taken care of, the west will eventually have to drink the water.

What can be expected from a DFR? We're not talking about a get rich quick award. I'm not sure if there will be damages or if you can expect any type of monetary settlement. The drive for the DFR is only to force the IAM to enforce the west contract, which includes section 6. If the west doesn't think this is worthy then so be it. Therein lies the question. Certainly no east sider will donate a dime if the west participation isn't supportive of this idea. IMO, I think it benefits all, including the east. Remember, RR and the AGC's were saying there is no merit to section 6 and not to pay attention to the internet informational crowd. Today, ALPA west agreed with us. My hope is the IAM will also. The difference between ALPA and the IAM is that ALPA West has westies that represents it. With the IAM, you have appointed easties over you which have provided 'deep restrictions' over the voice of westies. But I've told you guys this, unfortunately, many continue to follow everyhing that RR sez. I know you have your own mind, but many will justify anything RR sez as gospel. Those have paid a terrible price and the west has been under 'great pain' because of it.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago
Mr Nelson,
Your attempt to try to force the IAM to section 6 negotiations is misguided. It's no coincidence that LCC's stock dropped 5.37% during trading yesterday as the investors were not to pleased with the new section 6 talks ALPA is now going to force. Don't you realize that section 6 at this point would be further damaging? Section 6 is a path but let cool heads prevail. Negotiations have been scheduled for fleet in a couple weeks, and management has given indications that it may be willing to work with fleet on enhancing the rejected proposal of August. Before last week, there was no indication given. So let's see if management is truly committed to putting forth a proposal that is an improvement to the one that was rejected, before we start shouting section 6.

If we go the section 6 path like ALPA then you can forget about positioning your company for the upcoming merger activity that you and I both know is going to happen due to oil. The pilot election may have already caused enough damage on the property but if other work groups start screaming section 6 then that will definately be killing the golden goose and you will have nobody to blame but yourself.

I know this is not popular with your so called network but now isn't the time to fight and pound chests. Mergers are not pleasant for workers and they involve layoffs but the alternative will most likely be chapter 7 this time. And at this point we are hopeful that management's expressed desire to resolve the issues with fleet service by offering an enhanced version of the rejected proposal may come to be in this next round of negotiations which will conclude in the first week of April. Either think things through before you file a DFR or start passing out home depot applications.

If we go the section 6 path like ALPA then you can forget about positioning your company for the upcoming merger activity that you and I both know is going to happen due to oil. The pilot election may have already caused enough damage on the property but if other work groups start screaming section 6 then that will definately be killing the golden goose and you will have nobody to blame but yourself.

Districtfarce,

Section 6 negotiations for the West should have been ongoing since the IAM was certified as their bargaining unit in 2006. Since the TWU were in full blown section 6 at that time. Why did canoli and co. stop those negotiations? To pursue a transition? Both should have been ongoing simultaniously, not seperately. Way to go IAM. Dropped the ball again. And if the company is such a "Golden Goose" as you claim, then how will Fleet Service bankrupt it. All we are asking for is "industry standard", not a continuation of this POS BK CBA. What you are forgetting is that this so called "golden goose" wants something from us. Profit sharing, the CIC, and a 2 year extension. The goose better lay a lot more of those "golden eggs" for those items. JMO though.

Mr Nelson,
Your attempt to try to force the IAM to section 6 negotiations is misguided. It's no coincidence that LCC's stock dropped 5.37% during trading yesterday as the investors were not to pleased with the new section 6 talks ALPA is now going to force. Don't you realize that section 6 at this point would be further damaging? Section 6 is a path but let cool heads prevail. Negotiations have been scheduled for fleet in a couple weeks, and management has given indications that it may be willing to work with fleet on enhancing the rejected proposal of August. Before last week, there was no indication given. So let's see if management is truly committed to putting forth a proposal that is an improvement to the one that was rejected, before we start shouting section 6.

I know this is not popular with your so called network but now isn't the time to fight and pound chests. Mergers are not pleasant for workers and they involve layoffs but the alternative will most likely be chapter 7 this time. And at this point we are hopeful that management's expressed desire to resolve the issues with fleet service by offering an enhanced version of the rejected proposal may come to be in this next round of negotiations which will conclude in the first week of April. Either think things through before you file a DFR or start passing out home depot applications.
I think if we didn't pursue all options we'd have nothing to blame but ourselves. I
personally don't think it realistic to think that FS has power to kill the golden goose.
As far as mergers go I agree with a collegue of mine who says the company
has a time table for all of this. When the timing is right for them they will
show up with an attractive offer. If not they won't.

Bringing up the idea of chapter 7 may be just slightly beyond the scope of this
discussion but we might open it up with an investigation of cash on hand.

I know all of this is causing some minor irritation to Canale and Co. but
please take a little time and look at it from our side. What do we have
to bargain with without section 6? The only other really powerful
chip we have is the COC language in the east contract.

The pilots know what's up. Both east and west. They are really just
playing thier cards as they were dealt to them. Thanks BF

This was on the internet this morning out of the Pittsburg Tribune about the pilots requesting Section 6 with the company. Why is the government giving only companies the rights of survival.

US Airways rejects pilots' proposal
By Bloomberg News
Saturday, March 15, 2008

Airways Group Inc. rejected a request to begin talks on a separate contract with pilots who flew for the former America West Airlines before a 2005 merger.

What will happen next! And will our attorney for Fleet and the DFR ever respond! Help!

33 years??? Good... GOD!

I can't fathom anybody being around there for that long.

I don't even think America West has been around that long. Didn't HP start in 83?

At any point did you ever just go F*CK it, I'm DONE! :rant:

I do it just about every day and Ive only been there for 2 years hahah!

I'll tell ya what it gets though: A handshake from Doug Parker and your face in the US Airways propaganda magazine, hows that sound?

to answer your question hey chill out
Yes for the last 6 or 7 years that thought has come up but you have to remember that at one time this was a really great career
and a hard job to get so there was alot of honor in saying you worked for an airline.
besides when you have mortagages and kids to get through school you just can't say what the F&*K you have to preserve and do what you
have to do .

geez chill,
from the look of your avatar. Is that what happens when you hang in the desert sun :D :D :D :D

blown,
you really should consider phx. I hear they got good retirement Facilitys.. LEAVE CLT alone. nothing but

a bunch of NASCAR FREAKS.

orioleman I would have thought you were a bwi guy but to set your mind at ease at this time clt wasn't in my plans

I would think if there is an agreement that would force some stations to transfer out that there would be some kind of fence that would not allow east agents to transfer to west stations for a pierod of time.
Just a guess on my part.

never heard or seen such a thing other than stations out of the country require that USairways hires the locals verses letting
folks bid in from the states . Once under contract all stations should or would be biddable the last fence I saw was the transfer from
customer service to the ramp but that was back in the 90's .

Mr. Distract Farce…

If you want us tahh consider tha validity of yer lengthy diatribes, you must first reveal
yer credentials, that have embellished yahh with all this personal insight’ ’n knowledge.

We pretty much know each other in here…you have yet to disclose to us who you are, and why you are to be considered an authority on Fleet Service’s bargin’ stance.

In my opinion… Mr. Farce will refuse to reveal his employer, classification, position, or even location!

Watch this boy’s… If yahh wanna belive him... he must answer !

We are watin’ Mr. Farce !

I think if we didn't pursue all options we'd have nothing to blame but ourselves. I
personally don't think it realistic to think that FS has power to kill the golden goose.
As far as mergers go I agree with a collegue of mine who says the company
has a time table for all of this. When the timing is right for them they will
show up with an attractive offer. If not they won't.

The pilots know what's up. Both east and west. They are really just
playing thier cards as they were dealt to them. Thanks BF

I agree,

Send DF back to negotiations 101. The company upped the ante by billions
in their attempt to acquire Delta. The company in their former assessment
of the Fleet Service group knew that they could initially low ball us and come
back with an offer moderately better that the group could be coaxed to
accept. That was when the group was fractured. DF's assessment that the
"so called network" will have no effect on the next round is as much a
fantasy. The networking of the Fleet Service workers prevents the company
and our current leadership from pitting one against the other so as to manipulate
the vote.
We have had years to educated now and It will be difficult to BS any of us.
DF, the "so called network" has brought the solidarity that the IAM has wanted
for our group. I think that certain "so called leaders" don't want the solidarity
because it impedes their agenda.
Remember, Section 6 is on the horizon in one years time for everyone. I
think the company knows this and will pressure Hemmenway to bring a deal
eventually. The faster he realizes that we will not accept the next "final offfer"
the quicker it will come to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back