IAM Fleet Service Thread 3/7-3/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a call from a friend who knows a thing about the mechanic talks this week. Looks like the company agreed to giving them full sick pay but they still have to work out some scope language.

I think fleet is in good shape to see how bad Randy Canale is. I'll disagree with everyone who thinks Randy's last proposal was a fair one. How can you rampers expect to have your basic tenets of a job realized when Randy isn't even asking for them. I've never ever seen any negotiations team come to a non-bankruptcy company and ask for only 50% credit for calling in sick. How can any rampers expect respect from Hemenway when your own union leadership doesn't believe you should get full sick pay?

Full sick pay is a basic tenet of any organized labor contract and I was glad to hear that the Mechanic group realized this. Although I heard there were some big issues still to be worked out, I do think that the negotiations team for the mechanics are not sending mixed signals to Hemenway.

And, Yes, Tim Nelson is wrong about Hemenway's letter. Hemenway did have an off the record verbal probably due to sidebar negotiations between him and Randy. I think Tim knows this but was put in a position that he had to support the negotiations team over Hemenway.

To Tim: Continue sticking with your basic tenets that you usually do so well with. The last proposal from Randy was not fair as you said. Randy's proposal contained contracting out language that would have resulting in probably 1,000 job losses. Hang on to those 20 stations that Hemenway is really bullseyeing since any merger will have to recognize the protections of those stations unless you all agree to give it up like Randy has already on paper. Shame on the whole negotiations team for giving Hemenway's scope ideas any recognition. And shame on Randy for not standing behind the basic tenets of unionism by proposing half pay for sick.

Hopefully, the mechanics will get a fair contract and then fleet can have their eyes open to some of the things that the mechanics got that Randy never even asked for. If the company can give it to our brothers and sisters who are mechanics then they can give it to you.

In closing, I like that fruit stand with Randy's pic on it. It's so true.

I got a call from a friend who knows a thing about the mechanic talks this week. Looks like the company agreed to giving them full sick pay but they still have to work out some scope language.

I think fleet is in good shape to see how bad Randy Canale is. I'll disagree with everyone who thinks Randy's last proposal was a fair one. How can you rampers expect to have your basic tenets of a job realized when Randy isn't even asking for them. I've never ever seen any negotiations team come to a non-bankruptcy company and ask for only 50% credit for calling in sick. How can any rampers expect respect from Hemenway when your own union leadership doesn't believe you should get full sick pay?

Full sick pay is a basic tenet of any organized labor contract and I was glad to hear that the Mechanic group realized this. Although I heard there were some big issues still to be worked out, I do think that the negotiations team for the mechanics are not sending mixed signals to Hemenway.

And, Yes, Tim Nelson is wrong about Hemenway's letter. Hemenway did have an off the record verbal probably due to sidebar negotiations between him and Randy. I think Tim knows this but was put in a position that he had to support the negotiations team over Hemenway.

To Tim: Continue sticking with your basic tenets that you usually do so well with. The last proposal from Randy was not fair as you said. Randy's proposal contained contracting out language that would have resulting in probably 1,000 job losses. Hang on to those 20 stations that Hemenway is really bullseyeing since any merger will have to recognize the protections of those stations unless you all agree to give it up like Randy has already on paper. Shame on the whole negotiations team for giving Hemenway's scope ideas any recognition. And shame on Randy for not standing behind the basic tenets of unionism by proposing half pay for sick.

Hopefully, the mechanics will get a fair contract and then fleet can have their eyes open to some of the things that the mechanics got that Randy never even asked for. If the company can give it to our brothers and sisters who are mechanics then they can give it to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely… well said muhh brothahh !

We need more fellas like yew postin’…very concise…comprehensive…

Are yahh listin’ in Fleet ?

Solidarity !

I understand with all Fleet Service anger towards RC I hear he has gone to farm stands to see if it is true you can grow balls!

View attachment 7267

Roadtrip,

That is one funny Cartoon and its picture perfect! Thanks for your posts you make it a place to laugh a bit while dealing with awful issues such as bad representation and leadership from Canale.

Keep up the good work

This being a fleet service thread means that not only should we be concerned with
our talks but we should be mindful of what may be happening around us as it may and
usually does effect us. The following is a link probably already posted on the M&R thread
but we should be aware of. It seems talks are progressing between the company and
M&R. It's nice to see another group talking about reaching an agreement before the ''red
headed step child'
' fleet.

http://iamdl142.org/USA_2008.pdflink

Thanks

Fleet welcomes any ongoing union talks between the company. Unfortunately, we all seem to be giving up.
The mood around Phoenix is we can not beat City Hall. Our unions are doing their best but going no where.

We wait for the results of Tim' lawyer friend to pull us up.

The M & R group gave up a contract that was representative of decades of negotiations, they are entitled to receive full sick pay among other returned benefits.
Our Fleet service members need to be mindful of that. How many years has fleet west been union? How many years has fleet east been union? Don't make the mistake of comparing apples with oranges. The last contract that fleet voted down would have been a good starting point to build on in the coming years. Instead, you all voted it down because of an internet campaign led by people with personal agendas.
Half sick pay is better than no sick pay. But fleet service will continue to have no sick pay until it gives Randy Canale the necessary support, and this includes some new NC members who think they know more than Randy.
This division caused by those with their personal political agendas is seen by the company. Randy Canale would love for everyone to get full sick pay but how many jobs will that cost? You want $20, how many jobs is that going to cost? Fleet service does not have a transition right now because it fails to understand cost neutral negotiations. You ask for full sick pay, what benefit are you willing to give up to get it?
Randy Canale negotiated the best contract in the industry at United, so he knows a thing or two about negotiations.

Support Randy Canale and put politics aside. This has gotten way too political and whoever is doing the cartoons should be ashamed of himself, it's real poor taste. If you want to wait until 2009 then voice it to your NC to support us bringing the west into the east fold. Our members in PHX don't deserve to be held hostage.

I can assure you of one thing, Randy Canale will see this merger through better than anyone else. He has all the right connections to make it happen and he will preserve as many jobs as possible. But as long as fleet service follows these internet people who are only out for political gain, divisions will only destroy what little leverage is left for fleet service.

The M & R group gave up a contract that was representative of decades of negotiations, they are entitled to receive full sick pay among other returned benefits.
Our Fleet service members need to be mindful of that. How many years has fleet west been union? How many years has fleet east been union? Don't make the mistake of comparing apples with oranges. The last contract that fleet voted down would have been a good starting point to build on in the coming years.

I could care less about the thoughts about canale, but part of your post is very true. But I do believe fleet should get full sick pay like all employees.

to the earlier poster lithuanian

patience my friend patience it takes time to work a good contract out . the company will always drag there feet.

DistrictForce:
You must be out of your mind.
While the M & R group may be close to a transition, it would be a huge mistake for fleet to assume that it will get the same. You still haven't answered my question, how long has fleet service east and west been IAM members? How many jobs are you willing to lose if you want $20? What benefit do you want to forfeit to get full sick pay?
You should not expect that you will draw even with our M & R members who have had years and years of negotiated contracts. How many contracts have you ratified? How many strikes have you had?

Our union is democratic and allows dissent but if you disagree with me then position yourselves in 2009 and don't continue to hold our members in PHX hostage due to political gain.

DF
Our Fleet service members need to be mindful of that.

Take your bull somewhere else. You don't know Sh.t! The only thing I'm mindful of is we have the will to fight and you have the will to think you are something your not. Sick days should be equal across all employee groups, not because you possess a license should you get more than anyone else. Especially when you are in the same union.

How many years has fleet west been union? How many years has fleet east been union? Don't make the mistake of comparing apples with oranges. The last contract that fleet voted down would have been a good starting point to build on in the coming years. Instead, you all voted it down because of an internet campaign led by people with personal agendas.

You gave your self away by trying to divide east/west. The starting point came years ago. Maybe you can't remember back that far? Or maybe you don't want to !

Half sick pay is better than no sick pay. But fleet service will continue to have no sick pay until it gives Randy Canale the necessary support, and this includes some new NC members who think they know more than Randy.

WTF? Why do we even talk about 1/2 sick pay?. BK is over dude! How do you get paid for sick time? BE HONEST or BE GONE!

Randy Canale negotiated the best contract in the industry at United, so he knows a thing or two about negotiations.

You got the RC nose ring on or you have your finger in his belt loop! If that was the case then why would Delaney and crew get 1 vote from UA membership?

I can assure you of one thing, Randy Canale will see this merger through better than anyone else. He has all the right connections to make it happen and he will preserve as many jobs as possible.

We're not giving in and we're not interested in preserving as many jobs AS POSSIBLE. Which one of you readers is going to volunteer to be the first to go?

Solidarity = EQUALITY

districtforce,
"he last contract that fleet voted down would have been a good starting point to build on in the coming years"

14 yrs D/B thats how long the east has had this great union of ours.. hey reagan why don't you just say who you are instead of

hiding behind a screen name. let me quote you from years past " Live to fight another day" .. Guess D/B it is another day.

so how long does a member have to be in this union before they start to represent us.. 20 yrs maybe 25 yrs.. Deleted by moderator.....borderline personal attack which will get you time off.

orioleman said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Distract Farce (Spellin' intended)

Reagan...

You ain't foolin' us ! We ahh lot smartin' than you give us credit for !

Slink back tahh M&R....

Attention Fleet Members... When yahh get BS posts from tha likes of Distract Farce...
Just highlight...copy...'n past um back intahh Tha M&R forum !

When thier forum fills up with thier own BS...maybe this will stop !

While the M & R group may be close to a transition, it would be a huge mistake for fleet to assume that it will get the same. You still haven't answered my question, how long has fleet service east and west been IAM members? How many jobs are you willing to lose if you want $20? What benefit do you want to forfeit to get full sick pay?
You should not expect that you will draw even with our M & R members who have had years and years of negotiated contracts. How many contracts have you ratified? How many strikes have you had?

Our union is democratic and allows dissent but if you disagree with me then position yourselves in 2009 and don't continue to hold our members in PHX hostage due to political gain.
District Force: My recomendation to you is to do some serious soul searching. And
when your done go get Canale to do the same. It's time for him to step
up to the plate and admit he is either wrong or has some ulterior motive which
is forcing him to behave in this manner.

To imply for any reason, let alone some sort of convoluted comparison based on how
many contracts we have ratified, that FS should get a lesser contract that M&R
is outrageous.

I don't care what Tim Nelson's ambitions are. It makes no difference. What makes
a differrence is the facts. What you are recomending we settle for is beyond belief.
The west hubs along with class II stations are currently stuck at a very low
pay scale. But for you, Canale or the LLC to use that as a bargaining chip is
plainly immoral. You can't expect the rest of us to accept less just because
they will ultimately have to accept more.

I don't know who you are. Do you have any interest beyond discrediting members
of this forum? Or are you sincerely trying to futher Canale and his agenda.
I hope its the former because if you are at all connected with Canale then
you simply add fuel to the fire of his demise with your ignorant and slanted
remarks.

Thank you BF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back