IBEW update: November 6th-

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the mailbag:

Very odd what I heard today. A PHX ramper said they do have a west sider that represents them since he's from the west coast. To be clear, when I say west siders need someone from their camp representing them, that doesn't mean an east sider from california. If having a east sider to represent the west is good enough for PHX then case closed, enjoy! The west represents 37% of the craft and NOT ONE west sider is on the district team. Mind boggling that PHX and 2800 workers and their leadership could accept this! The reward for such is already known. More importantly, there is a very good reason why Boss Canale decided to appoint 3 east siders and continue to keep west siders from having representation at the district level. One needs to only look up at the scoreboard to see why.

To PHX ONLY

Regards,
[/quote

I'll say it once and then I'll leave it alone because you won't ever get it.

I have more years at Usairways than HP( Happy People ) have been around. I only have 2 years under the TWU contract........What I say to You is he can only walk the road of the IAM period. He or they have no Idea how the west has suffered. He or they do not know what the West road looks like. All they know is IAM,IAM,IAM......not Membership,Membership,Mempership...there I've said it......BY the way....He's ex chairperson from LAX UA...UMMMM Interesting...end of story

sunofsamsonite

Have a feeling! We have three parties under IAM. 141 hates 142 involvement. That's mechanics AND fleet. Don't yet get it all? Then, we have East fleet that hate the TWU contract cause they're not IAM. Now! IAM chewed off more than they can chew. This is a MESS! Either the company can make it right for us OR we go to a union that can decipher Our mess.
Truth be, the inexperience of TWU resulted in IAM, (the Mess'ers) trying to figure out why the company can ROLL over this union. And! the IAM is So! involved they can't see the difference. Result is! IAM gets it right by December or the card signing for a new union will result.
Problem is! CIC, I stated it as COC, We need to wait, wait, wait! But can we wait any longer? 13 years and the US Airways have waited for IAM.
Guess what! IBEW is in PHOENIX on Friday. It will be AWA/US AIRWAYS, but AWA style. You wonder why PHX is not on board. We"LL see what a union can provide to an "Educated" work force. Here, is where we will divide collective minds vs Free thinkers.

I hope everyone knows the CIC will go forward regardless
of the union and any card signing. The CIC is between the fleet
service and the company and now that it has been heard it is no
longer in the hands of the IAM. A decision will be made in any event.
The IAM and the company tried to cut a deal to keep it from being heard.
It's done......there will be a decision. What that decision is and how it's
dealt with will be back in our hands.......not the IAM, remember they
represent us, they do not control us.

bob

Bob Dylan, Truthfully! Should we wait for the Arbitor? IBEW is in PHX Friday. I wish this was IAM negotiating on Friday for SEC 6 under TWU. Where is IAM at all, for the continuation that they need to survive, where they will continue TWU SECTION SIX! There is no reason to NOT continue TWU. IAM Rolled over AWA. WE, the HELL, trusted them to represent us. Now, we are given nothing, and East dictates everything. CIC be DAMMNDED! WE, need real people to represent this MERGER!

I hope everyone knows the CIC will go forward regardless
of the union and any card signing. The CIC is between the fleet
service and the company and now that it has been heard it is no
longer in the hands of the IAM. A decision will be made in any event.
The IAM and the company tried to cut a deal to keep it from being heard.
It's done......there will be a decision. What that decision is and how it's
dealt with will be back in our hands.......not the IAM, remember they
represent us, they do not control us.
bob
wasn't the court case suppose to proceed also today? I remember the Federal court told US AIRWAYS this wasn't a Bankruptcy matter but that US AIRWAYS could further discussion on November 7th I thought.

regards,

Yeah! O.K. Tim add something that insites us! What we want is results, not, some, some, tidbit! Anyone can chase the news. Do, it all the time!

I believe today the Company went to court to get a date for the appeal to be heard.
I don't foresee the company getting anything on the dockets before spring though.
What troubles me is there is nothing on the 141 website giving us any information
updates as to if they even showed up to represent us.

Will have to check PACER

If the IBEW doesn't have a "STRIKE" Clause, We are Screwed! If, any union has to play into the Railroad ACT! No! union will result in a change. Hopefully, IBEW, being Electric workers do not have to follow this! I think IAM cannot persuade company because of Railroad Act. If there is no Strike clause, we are going to be at the mercy of this STUPID MANAGEMENT!.

wasn't the court case suppose to proceed also today? I remember the Federal court told US AIRWAYS this wasn't a Bankruptcy matter but that US AIRWAYS could further discussion on November 7th I thought.

regards,

Tim,

There was nothing listed or set up for US Airways for today for
the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.

Can you recall at what court level the appeal was made?

Tim,

There was nothing listed or set up for US Airways for today for
the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.

Can you recall at what court level the appeal was made?
Again, I hate the fact we have to depend on another Union! Help us to define which group can convince our company to result in recognizing our efforts to then result in a company that everyone loves!

If the IBEW doesn't have a "STRIKE" Clause, We are Screwed! If, any union has to play into the Railroad ACT! No! union will result in a change. Hopefully, IBEW, being Electric workers do not have to follow this! I think IAM cannot persuade company because of Railroad Act. If there is no Strike clause, we are going to be at the mercy of this STUPID MANAGEMENT!.

lithuanian,

It is because of the work we do under the airline industry that we are under
the RLA Jurisdiction. There is no way to get away from that. That is the way
the Government wants it so that it is difficult for us to disrupt interstate
commerce.

Change in Control Litigation Update

PLEASE POST PLEASE POST
August 23, 2007
TO: All US Airways IAM Members
Dear Sisters and Brothers:

This summer, US Airways filed an appeal of the Machinists Unions’ District Court win
that compelled the airline to go forward with the Change in Control arbitration. The
arbitration is currently scheduled to begin next month. Today, the court of appeals
ordered that the BRIEFING schedule on the appeal would not begin until November 7, 2007.
While this does not affect the arbitration schedule, it does mean that a decision on US
Airways’ appeal is not expected until Spring, 2008 or later.

sunofsamsonite

I believe the appeal USAIRWAYS filed is not based on the decision of the
Arbitraitor but on whether or not he should have been the one to hear the
case and make the decision. The company believes this matter should be
heard by the courts and not an arbitraitor.
The decision is final, who makes
the ruling is what the company is appealing.....This is a legal matter now, not an
IAM matter. The IAM tried to sell it in return for the past TA, namely positive space
for IAM's AGC' and VP's ....

Thanks

What the heck. Why are we on this site! I thought we could make a difference. Remember, this Friday at the British Air conference room. Come! Voice yourselves. Friday, Nov. 9th. We didn't here this from Tim Nelson. Sorry, Tim. You unfortunately have great ideas but unions prevail.

Comments deleted by moderator....time off given......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back