IBEW update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it is true, don't let the IAM hang that single item over your head. Everytime things don't go the IAM's way, they bring up their industry leading pension. Don't get me wrong here, your pension is an important issue, but so are your current work issues. Hourly wages that are nowhere near industry leading, followed by a horrible sick time policy, no double time, no shift differencial, and so on. Remember that you need to earn a decent living to be able to retire at any point, and you also need to be employed for years to come to be able to cash-in on this Golden IAM plan. When and if the outsource a load of west stations, this pension will be worthless to all involved. For those of us that were Mainline Express prior to being outsourced, our monthly payout was cut in 1/2 to a measly $37.50. Most of the former MLE stations were outsourced in just under 2 years from the time the IAM pension went into effect, so we are looking at roughly $65 a month from this teriffic IAM pension. I would rather earn a decent wage now instead of waiting until the final years of my life to get something decent from the IAM. There are plenty of other retirement plans out there that you can contribute to that will bring you just as much, or more in most cases than this load of crap the IAM uses as there claim to fame. :angry:

IBEW may be putting out a letter "Very Soon" to appease AFLCIO stipulations. My understanding is that the entire IBEW committee is still going forward with the card signup. Screw the IAM.
I had to laugh when I read this. The letter that may be coming out "very soon" was dated LAST Friday. It was released yesterday afternoon. You weren't left out of the loop...were you? You may be fooling some people with your "information" but you are not fooling me. Think twice everyone, before you buy everything he says hook, line and sinker. Don't be fooled! What else is he saying? Think about it! Just because he says it's true...is it really?

A bunch of half truths, and a couple what you want to hears going on.

Make your own decision for yourself, and do not let one person mislead you.

A lot of what is being put forth is not 100% true, but being placed out there in a manner that you want to hear it.

Do your homework, and recognize who it is that is saying what, and question their motives.

A bunch of half truths, and a couple what you want to hears going on.

Make your own decision for yourself, and do not let one person mislead you.

A lot of what is being put forth is not 100% true, but being placed out there in a manner that you want to hear it.

Do your homework, and recognize who it is that is saying what, and question their motives.
Goldenone,

Item 1:
Kindly read everything I posted as 'fact' and I invite you to dispute any of it. In CLT we invited and welcomed the CLT AGC to our meeting for a cordial debate. It was broadcast everywhere yet he chose not to attend even though workers said he was floating around on the ramp.

I encourage all to do their homework, problem is that you haven't given anybody any homework to do. Neither has the IAM. Just alot of 'lions, tigers, and bears' opinions.

OTOH, I've given people things to think about and included the references on each item. The facts are separate from my opinion. Goldenone, what did fleet service lose in the last fleet service raid at US AIRWAYS? Think when ALEA was switched to IBT? NOTHING. In 1980, us air fleet service voted in ALEA and it sucked, then in 1980 fleet voted in IBT to replace ALEA. NOTHING WAS LOST AND YOU KNOW THIS.
Nobody loses anything. Our pilots won't lose anything with their raid, neither will the UA mechanics who are in the midst of a union raid. Union raids are historical and common.

Quite the contrary happens. All to gain. Representation would be secured for the non-represented fleet service at US AIRWAYS.

Speaking of doing homework, exactly what is on the table right now between the IAM and the company? Please tell us, we are waiting to hear.

Item 2:
It seems certain IAM negotiating committee members are trumping up a petition. I suggest the members ask the IAm to negotiate instead of reducing itself to tactics that are usually reserved for non-represented employees. Oops that's right, fleet service is union but non-represented.

regards,

I had to laugh when I read this. The letter that may be coming out "very soon" was dated LAST Friday. It was released yesterday afternoon. You weren't left out of the loop...were you? You may be fooling some people with your "information" but you are not fooling me. Think twice everyone, before you buy everything he says hook, line and sinker. Don't be fooled! What else is he saying? Think about it! Just because he says it's true...is it really?
Huh?
My apologies oncearound for not being all-knowing. FWIW: In all honesty, we were told two weeks ago to stop asking about a letter. We were also advised that the letter was just 'legal dribble' to satisfy AFLCIO 'stipulations'.
Not surprisingly, as I write this, I have to confirm additional meetings scheduled for next week. The letter isn't worth the paper it is written on.

The "Juice" is that workers "Hate the IAM" and are tired of being non-represented employees.

The CLT committee is kicking butt right now and has been advised about the 'political text' to appease AFLCIO stipulations. The PHX, LAS committee also is in 'full blown' mode and securing a meeting room and confirming a meeting dateand still signing workers up. PHL already did 1500 cards and just signed up another 15 this morning. The letter is 'meaningless' to reality and the campaign slogan, "Screw the IAM and gain representation" Is still "Game On".

regards,

Unfortunately,
The IAM members in PIT have been left out of the $20,000 separation package. IAM Screwed and still non-represented. Sign your IBEW card.

regards,

Flight Attendant Separation Package

Oct. 26, 2007

In the past few weeks, the company has talked with individual flight attendants about their specific concerns regarding the closing of the Pittsburgh base. The Association of Flight Attendants (AFA) approached the company about offering a separation package. After reviewing the AFA’s request, the company has agreed to offer a special separation package, aimed at PIT flight attendants, and available to all East flight attendants as well.

The big news is that any active East flight attendant with 15 years of service will be offered a one-time $20,000 payment if they are awarded the separation package. This is being offered to offset the 314 Pittsburgh displacements, and displacements that may occur in other domiciles as a result of the Pittsburgh base closing (which is why it’s being made available to all East flight attendants).

Up to 314 severance packages will be offered based upon seniority. If there are more than 314 requests from eligible flight attendants, the company may evaluate increasing the number of packages offered to meet the increased requests.

We believe this special separation package will help reduce the unique impact of the PIT flight attendant base closing on the flight attendant group as a whole. Here’s why:

Most of our PIT flight attendants are very senior, some with 40 years or more of service, and are just months or a few short years from retirement. The options for many of these flight attendants are to commute to their new base, or quit. We hope this payment will help many of them ease their transition to retirement or to an opportunity outside of US Airways.

Junior flight attendants at other bases have expressed concern that they would be displaced by large numbers of more senior flight attendants bumping them from their bases. The East domiciles include CLT, BOS, DCA, LGA and PHL.

It also should make it easier for remaining employees to non-rev to their other bases, by reducing the number of employees competing for fewer seats. (Currently, about 500 PIT flight attendants, pilots and other employees commute from PIT to their assigned locations around the US Airways system. The PIT pilot and flight attendant base closures add another 500 employees competing for those seats).

Program details will be distributed shortly. Again, this program is only being offered to East flight attendants.

Special severance is not being offered to about 180 PIT pilots who are also being displaced to other pilot crew bases next year; nor is it being offered to about 100 PIT mainline airport customer service and fleet employees whose jobs are being phased out.

Pilots: We’re actually recalling and hiring new pilots systemwide, which makes a pilot “early out†program impractical. By contrast, we still have 2,400 flight attendants still out on either voluntary or involuntary furlough.
Airport: The airport employees have more options that aren’t available to flight attendants. Airport employees can receive furlough pay and extended benefits under their current labor agreement, or they could remain in PIT and move to a part-time job, or they could move to a full-time job elsewhere in the US Airways system. These options simply aren’t available to flight attendants, many of whom face a “commute or quit†decision.

The company announced earlier this month that it is reducing flights and closing the pilot and flight attendant crew bases, after losing about $40 million at PIT in the past year alone. Even with these reductions, US Airways and US Airways Express will offer the most flights from PIT (with 68 daily flights); and be one of Pittsburgh’s largest employers, with 1,800 employees at the airport, the Operations Control Center and a heavy maintenance base.

Again, we hope that this offer is responsive to the concerns that many of our flight attendants have expressed to us, both at PIT and in other locations. These are never easy events in the life of an airline, and we want to do what we can for our employees who have served US Airways professionally and loyally for so many years.

Gee timmy,

You are reaching now.

The FAs have a VFLR program in their contract, no one else does.

The CWA represented CSA, ALPA and the IAM have not been offered it because it is not in the CBA.

Guess you forgot about the abrogated CBAs and the membership's ratification of the final offers from the company.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

You always sound so miserable. I can tell your not happy in your life.... God bless your miserable soul.

Gee timmy,

You are reaching now.

The FAs have a VFLR program in their contract, no one else does.

The CWA represented CSA, ALPA and the IAM have not been offered it because it is not in the CBA.

Guess you forgot about the abrogated CBAs and the membership's ratification of the final offers from the company.

Don't let the facts get in your way.
700, I hate when you remind me of the IAM contract, it sux real bad. Especially the lack of protections and then the infamous IAM Fleet service exclusive language that stipulates '60 day layoff rule'.

I know about Bankruptcy 700, problem is that all the work groups on the property got better deals as Our IAM leader said 'we have a knife to our back and a gun to our head'. The problem is the leadership within 141.
Even non-union Delta went through bankrupcty also and their fleet service came out making more money, better benefits, and more workers than US AIRWAYS fleet did. What's even more 'painful' is that fleet workers are paying $500 bucks a year and have been out of bankruptcy for 2 years, yet the IAM and company agreed to screw fleet service out of the profit sharing plan and use them as 'cut out figures'. Just think, the non-union at US AIRWAYS weren't 'cut out figures' of the profit sharing plan. Heck, the non-union rampers at Delta got a great profit sharing plan and are not paying dues to an organization that wanted to eliminate a profit sharing plan for positive space travel and more dues paying members.

700, there is no defense against the IAM's treason in being the only union on the property to agree to eliminate its members from a profit sharing plan, at a time of near record profits. Then again, the IAM sold this as saying the profit sharing is only worth a couple dimes an hour. Couple dimes an hour? Not this year.

regards,

Tim, that is really a stretch. Draggin a 20K buyout for the flight attendants? Pretty weak my man. What does 20K after taxes get you? Touche! Nice reach and grab!

Tim, that is really a stretch. Draggin a 20K buyout for the flight attendants? Pretty weak my man. What does 20K after taxes get you? Touche! Nice reach and grab!

I'm sure many would like to have been offered the choice of 20k after taxes. It's called respect as opposed to the IAM language which collars them with the drop dead '60 day layoff language'. Unfortunately, the painful thing is that with the IAM, you are a non-represented employee. FWIW: the IAM at United or Boeing isn't half bad. But at US AIRWAYS fleet, it is awful. US AIRWAYS fleet is the red headed step child.

regards,

First and Foremost, About this ''letter'', it has been talked about for a couple of weeks. If you don't believe me you can look in other closed threads. The IBEW delayed its' release. The IAM has been requesting for the past 3+weeks for the letter. As I said in previous posts the letter is being put out to keep the IAM off the AFL-CIO and IBEW's back. The letter also keeps the IBEW from being served fines
for attempting to ''raid'' a fellow member of the AFL-CIO. If your wondering why the IBT was originally getting cards signed without this fear of fines, thats' because the IBT is not a member of the AFL-CIO.

Second, the IBEW is making plans to continue the card signing this week and weekend.The IBEW is still going forward with this due to the fact the workforce has already shown interest by signing over 3,000
cards already and each day that figure is going up not stopping.

Finally, Today in Phl, after the letter was put out the IAM like a sinking ship had the rats swimming about. The Phl AGC and the Phl chair were out and about. To tell you the truth the Phl chair has no backing in Phl and that will change at the next meeting when nominations are taking place and we will nominate someone new to take his place. Now for the AGC, he should really get together with the chair because in seperate break rooms they were saying completely different things....oh and thier still talking about the TA that was voted down in Phl by an almost 8 to one margin..When they spoke of the letter they were asked '' If the cards mean nothing, would you be willing to sign one ?'' needless to say, no cards were signed by them as they danced around the subject. Also when they were asked ,''what had the IAM done in the past 13 years?'' they made comments as to ....you just seem angry. When asked about the AGC's and VP" recieving 23%wage increases while the workforce was subjected to pay cuts and slash's in benifits ? They had no answer. So basically I sat in a room and got told how good this past TA was by a represenitive, representing me, but making 3X my wages (and I'm topped out)...and looking at another wage increase soon. YEAH !!! I'm sure thier pulling for me.............These people are not my brothers' they are the opposite of a brother, they are strangers' to me.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts