IAM Fleet Service topic 6/21-6/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I promise you and everyone reading this, OIL PRICES ARE NOT GOING TO STAY THIS HIGH FOREVER! If anyone believes they will, they are tooth fairy and Easter Bunny people, same thing as believing this new silliness proposed by the Sand Castle will work.

This pricing of oil is a result of speculation, and it's a bubble, no different then the Dot.com thing and the real estate issue. Bottom Line: "Prices can't go up 80% withough consumption and supply following." And the last I checked, prices were up 80%+, consumption worldwide is up ~15% and supply has remained constant, if anything, it's increased slightly. So, this means prices WILL collapse. It's not a matter of "if," its a matter of "when." And anyone that doesn't believe this, talk to ANY commodity trader with 8 days of experience in these things....runs can and do happen, and go for years...the Dot.com and real estate bubbles lasted 4 to 6 years...and then investors moved on to the next thing, in this case, energy trading. The ONLY real bet Mr. Douglas Parker made when he plunked down that money to buy stock was, "I'm betting oil prices will drop and I'll be positioned for the stock to rebound." Thats all.

borrowed from another thread
freedom please read this while you're spewing gloom and doom

HEY! I just want to apologize for bringing up bankruptcy. I knew it would get everyone fired up, but it had to be asked.

I'm reassured I have the good people in charge who will fight tooth and nail to make sure my future is as secure as possible!

Lets just hope we don't come down to it!

In the words of the hillbilly smootching the reporter: YEAAAA YEAAAUHHHH!

Regarding LAS...

Apparantly when Donna Paladini was here the oter wee, she said that even if no one in LAS wanted to be furoughed, there would be positions for everyone elsewhere in the system. She mentioned that they are still hiring in PHX.

About the supeervisor. From what I heard today, P Diddy (don't ask) WANTS to come to the ramp again instead of being laid off, but it's not official. Hopefully by Monday I'll be talking to someone, JM or otherwise, about this.

Regarding LAS...

Apparantly when Donna Paladini was here the oter wee, she said that even if no one in LAS wanted to be furoughed, there would be positions for everyone elsewhere in the system. She mentioned that they are still hiring in PHX.

What?! I think she is sugar coating this pill or she knows something that we don't. We have several people at our station apply to transfer to PHX only to receive word that they are fully staffed. Everyone that I have talked to there mentioned that PHX is firing willy-nilly and are allowing people to leave work early (AUTO) as soon as they get to work. There are no fleet openings listed on the Hub.

Maybe they will have US rampers take over the Mesa ramp operations to make room for people. Who knows? That was always one of my suggestions. That would open lots of positions.

my bros/sis
When the intergration takes place in NOV, do we foresee a huge shuffling(TRANSFERS) of rampers to other stations? What's the word in your parts of town?
I can tell you only about PHL, they have well over 200 senior ramper's with transfer requests. All have 20 or more years. Also another 50 with less than 20 years that want to leave for west and FLA stations.

my bros/sis
When the intergration takes place in NOV, do we foresee a huge shuffling(TRANSFERS) of rampers to other stations? What's the word in your parts of town?

Here in Siberia (identified only as a state capitol and home of a college football team that is known for winning), there is a transfer request for PHX. Another guy wanting to go to PHX dropped his request. One guy just transferred to CLT. Most everyone wants to stay here, do or die. It's a very nice station.

I can tell you only about PHL, they have well over 200 senior ramper's with transfer requests. All have 20 or more years. Also another 50 with less than 20 years that want to leave for west and FLA stations.

That is unreal. Looks like PHL will be hiring, huh? I figured the moving trucks would be warming up once this intergration happened. I'm hping there is a mass exodus in CLT so I can maybe hold a day line with my lil ole 13 years. Am I the only dummy looking to move into a hub?

That is unreal. Looks like PHL will be hiring, huh? I figured the moving trucks would be warming up once this intergration happened. I'm hping there is a mass exodus in CLT so I can maybe hold a day line with my lil ole 13 years. Am I the only dummy looking to move into a hub?

OOOH doing it. Hate to bust your bubble but . 1. there is no mad exodus leaving clt and 2. 13yrs isn't even going to get you

a partial weekend night shift. Sorry for the reality check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts