IBT organizing Drive

perserverance sorry about my puncuation but you are a ramp guy just like me so dont act like you are better than i amm i read what you had to say also and all you guys told us to vote no so now i am stuck at 17 i would have had 2 weeks more vacation all the junior guys are going to get nothing and the awa people are stuck at theior horrible wage but i dont because i listened to you guys so my question is what do we do now you guys should have thought of that before you made all your statements and if you didnt you should be saying anything at all so what do we do now i hope you have an answer or your motives are easily seen waiting for a response thank

come on redeye i see your name at the bottom you are part of this what do we do now you had aal the answers before

1776phl,
Please stop blaming everyone else for your $17.oo hr. That TA was nothing but crap. It was aimed at the west. We should not have to give back anything to the company, period. No offense to the west, but their wages are what they are and untill the IAM does something for both groups that is going to be the way it is. Unfortunatly.

still waiting redeye you to perserverence you guys just wanted to get jobs with the ibt or ibew and you were willing to risk allof our jobs for your personsal gain that really great you guys should be ashamed of your selves

Goodoleboy,
That would be the union and management. Past history if they can they will and the union lets them.

1776phl,
Please stop blaming everyone else for your $17.oo hr. That TA was nothing but crap. It was aimed at the west. We should not have to give back anything to the company, period. No offense to the west, but their wages are what they are and untill the IAM does something for both groups that is going to be the way it is. Unfortunatly.
the ta did do something for both groups it put us all together i thought as union people we are supposed to help each other but what do we do now irish i would have been at 19 with 2 weeks more vacation thats around 6000 dollars my profit sharing check was 900 last year and after taxes i got about 450 so what do we do now that we helped tim and redeye almost get a job with the teahsters i think they should no what are we suppose do now i am not blaming everyone tim told us to vote no so i did i didnt ask any questions and he mislead me so now i am going to ask questions bot no one is answering

1776phl-
'' so dont act like you are better than i amm ''. .......I never said or pretended I
was. I simply asked for you to be alittle clearer on your posts so I wouldn't have to read
and reread them.
Now as far as me ''telling you'' to vote no, I was giving my opinion on what I felt
was in the best interest for the whole work group. You decided for yourself the vote that you
casted. I did not right your name or place an ''X'' in the box. If you read my posts and that
influenced you to make a decision to vote no, I'm glad because I think that was and still is
the right decision. The TA being voted down now allows are (iam) attorneys to go forward
with the CIC which I believe we were entitled to all along. It also keeps us from being locked
into an agreement til 2012 when our current agreement expires in 2009. The agreement that
we currently have was one made with a bankrupt airline and now we'll have the oppourtunity
to negotiate with a profitable airline. If you believe this TA ,as read, was a good offer from the
company, then I would have to disagree. Your also asking ''what do we do now i hope you have an answer or your motives are easily seen ''. I'll ask you what motives are easily seen ? My only so
called motive is to get back some if not all that was ''given and taken'' from me in the past. I'm not
asking for anything more. My first hope was that this TA would give back some. It did and didn't.
Sure the wage increase was in there and other benifits but so to were givebacks again and I don't
think we should be giving anything back. Also, why were they asking for an increase in the duration
of the contract ? 1776phl, the company is back and were still negotiating as if were still fighting to
keep them afloat. If this CIC comes back with any kind of significant number, then we as a group
can do nothing but benifit from it. I don't know if this answers any of your questions but I couldn't
and still don't see any other choice but to have voten NO on that TA.. "Profit Sharing''-give backs..
No....and even before the IBT and IBEW got interested in us, all the talk was about getting the
leadership to listen to the membership and we may be headed down that path, but I'm still open
to the possibility of change and I hope the IAM hears us and steps up to thier responsibility as
elected leaders to do just that.

Thanks

ps: if the name of a person is on the bottom of the page that could also mean that they
never logged off ....and have walked away.

the ta did do something for both groups it put us all together i thought as union people we are supposed to help each other but what do we do now irish i would have been at 19 with 2 weeks more vacation thats around 6000 dollars my profit sharing check was 900 last year and after taxes i got about 450 so what do we do now that we helped tim and redeye almost get a job with the teahsters i think they should no what are we suppose do now i am not blaming everyone tim told us to vote no so i did i didnt ask any questions and he mislead me so now i am going to ask questions bot no one is answering
If you voted no based on what someone told you thats your own stupidity. I for one read the T/A and saw it for what it was. Trash. Nothing in it could convince me otherwise. My vote was based on that and not someone's opinion.

Please quit crying about this crap TA. You clearly are a company man, not a union man. If Tim told you to jump off a bridge would you? I hope not, you would make up your own mind. As you did on this TA. If you are happy to keep giving back to the company, then by all means do so. But do not blame the rest of us for not wanting to give anthing more back to them.

Please quit crying about this crap TA. You clearly are a company man, not a union man. If Tim told you to jump off a bridge would you? I hope not, you would make up your own mind. As you did on this TA. If you are happy to keep giving back to the company, then by all means do so. But do not blame the rest of us for not wanting to give anthing more back to them.
hey buddy i am not crying and i am certainly not a company man but you must be becuase thr ta increased the company cost we turned it down and saved them money so i think you might be a company guy undercover trying to save them money like i said if i didnt listen to you guys i would have got about 6000 dolaars in increases just this year but instead i am going to get an 450 profit shating chck we really showed them company man good job

perserverencee sorry i was just mad yoiu were correcting me but you did tell us to vote no for soliderity and i did but now you guys dont know what to do i thought you guys were union leaders obviously you are not if you are going to take a leadership positoin which you guys have done on this forum you should know what we are suppose to do now but you dont to risk everything on a coin toss at arbtration was a bad idea and our agreement expires in2010 not 2009 a full 2 years away you should know that before you tell us what to do i think you were pushing ibew if you dont have a plan then it was just to get a union job off of our backs and i regret not asking questions before but i thought you guys were union leaders but you are just wanna bes who want union positions and i will be questiong you guys now because i believe you all mislead the people for your ow gain

OK maybee not crying but whining. Tim did not force anybody to vote either way. You made that decision all by yourself. Anybody that agrees to give more back to the company, in my opinion, is an idiot. 5 more years of this BK agreement, that is a shame. The IAM should be ashmed of themselves. The COC is worth alot more that $6,000 a year to you and everybody else. How about maybee $12,000. Granted the COC is not a guarentee, but, it is a good possibilty. So please do some research for yourself and make your own decision. I did. and I believe it was the right one.

Please do some research. Our current agreement expires Dec 31, 2009. Yes that is 2 years. Not 5. Which the TA would have been.

tell me why you think it is a good possibility the only one who has said that are guys on this forum with questionable motives the real union guys said it was 50 % at best and didnt do anything for class2 and the west and the junior guys and taht is 2010 not matter how you slice it and the union guys told us it will take 2 years to get another agreement and that is 2012 just like the ta so please tell me why it is a good possibility irish

1776phl....You say the T/A was worth $6000 to you. I make almost $15,000 less than I made in 2000. According to the SSA. My wages are at 1993 levels. This T/A was not even worth $2000 to me after all was figured in. As for the extra week of vacation I will have that anyway before the end of this contract. This and other factors convinced me to vote no. Regardless of what anybody said the final decision on how to vote was mine and mine alone.

Latest posts