IBT organizing Drive

Redeye-
In Phl at local 1776 the nominations are in Nov. ,but and its a big BUT, according to
the bylaws in order to be nominated you must be a member in good standing. Which means
you have to have attended or been excused from at least six meetings in a calender year. Most
people like myself cannot attend these meetings on the first Tues. of every month, I'm working.
I could call up and asked to be excused but I haven't done that. So like many other members
who pay dues I'm, were, not permitted to run or be nominated. Thats' one of the ways those
who are in control stay in control. The AGC's are excused if they can't make it. The committee
people are excused if they can't make it, and they keep themselves eligible for re-election. I have
no one to blame but myself as far as making a phone call just to be excused, but I don't seek
to be one of the elected. I do feel for the members who seek a nomination and can't be nominated
for the lack of meetings attended. The bylaws try to force the membership to attend the meetings
but in this day and age everyone needs the money so its' either work to provide for our families, or
sign up for OT if your off Tues. ...It'd be nice if everyone who pays dues was eligible but thats not
how it works. I'm guessing that its' the same throughout the system if its' not please let me know...

Thanks

phl776,
HEY JEFF COME OUT OF THE CLOSET.. WE on the board will RESPECT YOU MORE FOR BEING HONEST..
thats the problem with the IAM mentality is LETS B/S the membership ... I personally know redeye and TRUST ME he is not
looking to profit on the backs of his fellow members.. MY ?? is to Jeff (phl776) or whatever handles you have is this
do you have a son and if so what kind of ethics do try to teach. BE a man right or wrong STAND UP for what you think
don't hide like a coward.. IF you want to talk PM me.. I'm not scared to say WHO I AM and WHAT I STAND FOR..

freedom ,
I was there for your sabre cut over.. GOOD LUCK in getting your LOCAL to come together. the problem I see in PHX is
you have to many transcent folks .. (young kids that work there for 3 months and move on ) they don't care about careers at US because
they are there for flt benefits.. and the work rules you got in place would never fly on the east .. Good LUCK..

Redeye-
In Phl at local 1776 the nominations are in Nov. ,but and its a big BUT, according to
the bylaws in order to be nominated you must be a member in good standing. Which means
you have to have attended or been excused from at least six meetings in a calender year. Most
people like myself cannot attend these meetings on the first Tues. of every month, I'm working.
I could call up and asked to be excused but I haven't done that. So like many other members
who pay dues I'm, were, not permitted to run or be nominated. .

Thanks

Why doesn't PHL have multiple meeting times so all shifts have a shot at going?!

Redeye-
who pay dues I'm, were, not permitted to run or be nominated. Thats' one of the ways those
who are in control stay in control. The AGC's are excused if they can't make it. The committee
people are excused if they can't make it, and they keep themselves eligible for re-election. I have
no one to blame but myself as far as making a phone call just to be excused, but I don't seek
to be one of the elected. I do feel for the members who seek a nomination and can't be nominated
for the lack of meetings attended. The bylaws try to force the membership to attend the meetings
but in this day and age everyone needs the money so its' either work to provide for our families, or
sign up for OT if your off Tues. ...It'd be nice if everyone who pays dues was eligible but thats not
how it works. I'm guessing that its' the same throughout the system if its' not please let me know...

Thanks

Local elections I believe are in November. I think the district nominations are in April. If the IAM is still around then, then I'm sure I will do whatever I can to coordinate a ticket one more time.

regards,

Kev3188-
They have 2 meetings the 1st Tues. of every month. One is at around noon and it is the
buisness meeting. It is rare if anybody attends. I know of a couple times guys went down just to
get thier names on the attendance sheet and no one was even there. The main one is at seven
pm.. Thats, the one most people try to make or get excused from. Like I said the most people
are working and those who aren't are home with thier families. When I've been at the meetings
the names of those who ask be excused is generally small (3-4 names). All you have to do is
call down and ask to be excused but most people don't and when its time for nominations thats'
when it comes back and bites them. Tim is correct the local nominations for the hall are in Nov.
and the districts are in Apr.....the bylaws state, you must have attended 6 meetings in a calender
year to be eligible to run. That keeps the local regime in place. When one of them can't make they
take care of each other and ask to have that one excused..........keeping them in good standing.

Thanks

Just want to make sure I understand. If we want to change things at a district level, meaning AGC's and Executive board members that is not until April? Is that for nominations or is it the election? Sorry for the stupid questions, just those of us from the west haven't been around long enough to understand how this works, and I can't find the bylaws. Who appointed the current AGC's that were not elected? We have a new one and I don't know who decided this, just wondering, not complaining. How does this work?

You can challenge that bylaw, we did in CLT years ago and got it changed.

The language should read meetings made available to you, if you are working during the meeting then it is not available to you.

Contact Mike Wipinsinger at the International for further help.

Someone the other day mentioned the word [Slate] , pertaining to how union officers [AGC's and above]
are elected and somehow insulated from the membership.

I believe he mentioned that IAM members from OTHER airlines, actually vote for IAM officers that represent
IAM members at Usairways..

This can't be true, Can it ??

District officers are voted on by all members of the District, it is not airline specific.

But each airline has a certain amount of GCs/AGCs according to the number of members that come of the same airline.

oreoman how come every time i ask questions you guys say i am someone im not or call me ignorant i voted no for the ta because of the info put out on this board probably like alot of other people and now the motives of the people on here seem funny to me i also like redeye he at least posts the links he wont post the answers hinself probably because tim would get mad but he does give the links i am not going away i will continue to ask questions and i think you are a coward or you would post your name but you wont becuase yuo are a coward and i will ask you the same question what do we do now? or are you another one trying to get into the 100000 dollar club amswer the question coward

Let us not give names , and let’s not call each other cowards or other unpleasant things (besides we will get banished to the corn field if we do , which is slag for banned from the message board ) , I think a lot of us have short fuses from being screwed over by this company for so long ….

1176 don’t be offended by people saying your someone else , there are a lot of people who popped out of nowhere when the TA was put up for a vote and I at the time didn’t think they were all different people ..

If there’s one thing that should offend us, it should be false information . I may not know who any of you are and vice versa , and we may all have opinions , but we shouldn’t let anything get in the way of the facts.

1776 ,
first let me apologize for calling you a coward.. I will not post my name on the board .. but like I said before I would communicate thru PM..
anyway.. My concern for you is if your legit.. and YOU voted NO because someone on cyberspace told you to then you are a lost sheep because for one,
vote on whats going to benefit you as a whole not what someone tells you. IF you read the t/a and really thought it was a good long term deal for you personally
then you should have voted yes.. obviously most people read and understood the t/a and saw that it was not going to benefit them so they voted no.
second to answer your ?? "what do we do now" well that depends on you .. what do YOU want to happen. are you happy with your union and leadership or
are you fed up with the lies and betrayal .. ?? If I may ask how much time do you have with the company . The reason I ask is so I can figure out how much knowledge you have about being a f/s agent and how long you have been screwed by your company and union. IF you don't want to release that info then that
really tells me you are not who you say you are . and before you ask. I have been with this outfit for 23 yrs .. worked in your beloved phl (if thats where your from) and many other citys.. so once again.. sorry for the coward thing.. like freedom said ... nerves are tender right now.

to answer your other question.. about wanting to be in the 100,000.00 club... the answer is a very loud NO>>

would I like to make that kind of jack.. who won't . am I willing to b/s and lie to my fellow co-workers to get .. NOWAY .. thats playing devils advocate

and I for one would rather be broke and have my integrity when I leave this earth, than to have some extra material things.. I am a straight forward and honest

person .. some on this board know me personally and I think they know I would have their back.. aleast I hope they do..

Latest posts