If APFA agrees and then the judge throws the yes vote out,then what?

----------------
On 4/25/2003 10:40:17 AM FA Mikey wrote:

Anything is possible. But its Sherry Coopers suit. They will need to be giving her something to drop it.

----------------​
They need to give her a "pink slip". If her suit is stopping the company from going forward with it''s restructuring then it''s time for her to go.

Mike,
I have to dissagree with you on this one, she is out to protect the TWA''rs, which if I were her I probably would also. This has nothing to do with protecting APFA members vote. It serves a purpose in that it protects the TWA''rs for just a little longer. I feel bad for them, but.....

LOng time reader, first time poster.

As someone with a bit of a vested interest in AA (over 300,000 miles in my account and averaging 75K+ miles per year), I have read with regularity the drama that is this board. I find it pretty amazing that a week ago everyone was so united in trying to get the head of DC on a silver platter and wanting Cooper''s lawsuit to go forward. Now that it appears that a deal has been struck the knives are out for Cooper. Personally, I don''t agree that nAAtives should have o give up seniority to TWAers - just find it odd that 48 hours ago everyone seemed to be on Sherry Coopers side as she was fighting for FA''s. Now the posts are running that she is really only looking out for the TW FA''s. Why the sudden change?

----------------
On 4/25/2003 1:23:09 PM bicaal wrote:

Underfly will be exchanged for what? What else is there to give up?

----------------​
I am not sure. It was my understanding that as a good will gesture the company was willing to remove a single item from the TA. The underfly, seems to be the most contentious.

----------------
On 4/25/2003 1:33:47 PM OAI wrote:

Can you tell me why 21000 nAAtives are afraid of 3000 TWA f/a''s . It makes no sense?

----------------​
Its called bidding seniority. If you put 3,000 or 4,000 people ahead of you. Thats how many spots you move down.

Can you tell me why 21000 nAAtives are afraid of 3000 TWA f/a''s . It makes no sense?

----------------
On 4/25/2003 1:01:48 PM AAORDPLAT wrote:

LOng time reader, first time poster.

As someone with a bit of a vested interest in AA (over 300,000 miles in my account and averaging 75K+ miles per year), I have read with regularity the drama that is this board. I find it pretty amazing that a week ago everyone was so united in trying to get the head of DC on a silver platter and wanting Cooper''s lawsuit to go forward. Now that it appears that a deal has been struck the knives are out for Cooper. Personally, I don''t agree that nAAtives should have o give up seniority to TWAers - just find it odd that 48 hours ago everyone seemed to be on Sherry Coopers side as she was fighting for FA''s. Now the posts are running that she is really only looking out for the TW FA''s. Why the sudden change?

----------------​
I disagree. At least for myself DC''s head was unimportant. I wanted to see a meaningful exchange or renegotiation of the TA''s. Something that was beneficial to both the workers as well, as the company. Something that would ensure our long-term survival. I am no fan of Sherry Cooper, I doubt we will see eye to eye on many issues. In this case I think that she was right on track. Her motives and the ultimate desire is for the base she represents STL. I am still disgusted by the vote extension.

As far as DC's head, yes I wanted it. He had no credibility left and would be unable to work with the Labor groups or any other employee group as far as I was concerned. I have never agreed with Sherry Coopers position, I voted yes the first time and would of done so the second. I have been accused on this board of allowing the company to trod over me, but I do not see it that way.
What I did see and honestly don't see changing anytime too soon, is a company culture that pits workgroups against each other (as you can see by the posts), a company that says do as I say but not as I do. Arpey has a clean slate, I do not have a problem with some drastic measures as they are needed in drastic situations. But he said it best when he said he would lead by example. I personally hope he keeps his word. But then again Carty's first statement was that he woud change the company culture...yeah right. Let us Hope Mr. Arpey is a man of his word.

Thanks for the responses. Having never been a union employee, there are many things that I don''t understand about work rules and the like. Sometimes things do not translate on this board very well and, as a customer, it''s important for me feel that the people I will be dealing with want to be there and make me glad I selected AA. P*ssed off employees don''t tend to make me feel that the $800 ticket I just purchased was a wise investment - a great crew can make me feel that I would have been willing to spend $1000.

----------------

----------------​

Pretty true. I suspect it will be additional furloughs and that means my number is up. I''m okay with the furlough (as long as I get to come back). With a rumored 770 retirement papers already in, I don''t think I''ll be gone for very long. I suspect we''ll see many more retirements and the "married-well''s" leaving b/c it won''t be worth the hassle anymore...especially with having to fly a minimum amount of hours in a rolling 4 month period.

I''d rather be furloughed than be stuck with underfly for 6yrs. I''ve just started my 3/1 rotation which means I can now get the 2nd job. Forget high-time. I''ll just fly my sked and supplement my income elsewhere.

Take care,

Coop

----------------
On 4/25/2003 4:43:20 PM flydcoop wrote:

----------------

----------------​

Pretty true. I suspect it will be additional furloughs and that means my number is up. I''m okay with the furlough (as long as I get to come back). With a rumored 770 retirement papers already in, I don''t think I''ll be gone for very long. I suspect we''ll see many more retirements and the "married-well''s" leaving b/c it won''t be worth the hassle anymore...especially with having to fly a minimum amount of hours in a rolling 4 month period.

I''d rather be furloughed than be stuck with underfly for 6yrs. I''ve just started my 3/1 rotation which means I can now get the 2nd job. Forget high-time. I''ll just fly my sked and supplement my income elsewhere.

Take care,

Coop

----------------​

Nice post! Finally someone who does blame someone else for their situation. I admire you taking responciblitly for your conditions and making a plan so that it works for you. If more people had this attitude we wouldn''t hear as much whinning.

Coop,
I don't think it will necessarily mean additional furloughs, that would mean more work rule changes. (we didn't agree to more did we.?)
I am one of those who has traditionally given up her trips and flown low-no hours, but my maridos business can be volatile so I can't afford to give up the job. I will still probably fly low hours and I think there are quite a few of us who have to come back who will be dropping. We only have to fly 35 hours per month so if you don't get furloughed (which I pray you don't) don't get a second job just yet. There just mught be more trips to p/u than ever before. Good luck chica.

Although AAstew might be right it never hurts to back yourself up with something. Enough preaching to you, I''m sure you know what your doing. Good luck with everything and hopefully the furloughs will never reach you.

The only thing I would be truly sad about in a furlough is losing my identity and my real fAAmily.

I voted NO for a reason the 1st time...it was not based on furlough, it was based on a contract I simply couldn''t work under.

We''ve been bashed to death on this BB, but no matter what is said, we are the ones that held on to the bitter end. Underfly certainly pushed me to the edge. I could''ve lived with almost everything else (excluding per diem) but that was the nail in the coffin.

It''s so silly that AA would''ve pushed BK regarding underfly. All they had to do from the beginning was listen to us and be willing to negotiate. DC might still have a job if they weren''t so obstinate.

I''m not sad about a 2nd job. I''ve been wanting to get one but 1/1 reserve made it impossible.

I am so tired of posts that tell me to "roll over and take it". If I did that, we would have been stuck with true crap.

Guess what my first choice of a 2nd job is....waitressing ...more $$$.

I find it incredibly funny that so many look down on those who serve you food.

Even Saddam is smarter than that.

Think about it,

Coop