If APFA agrees and then the judge throws the yes vote out,then what?

Coop,
I wasn''t meaning to preach up there. I just was figuring you could make more $ p/u trips on dbltt. But waitressing does not pay bad at all. I used to work at Sundays on the Bay as a cocktail waitress years (and years)ago and I made quite a bit just working Friday thru Sunday. Good Luck.

How are they going to get around this?

APFA constitution:

SECTION 1. RATIFICATION PROCESS:

A. A proposed Collective Bargaining Agreement will be submitted to the affected membership for approval only after it has been accepted by a majority vote of the Negotiating Committee and presented to the Executive Committee.

(1) Should the Executive Committee reject a proposed agreement, the Negotiating Committee shall present the proposed agreement to the Board of Directors.

(2) The Board of Directors may decide to submit the proposed agreement to the membership for approval.

B. A decision by the Executive Committee, or the Board of Directors of the APFA, to submit a proposed agreement to the membership for approval should not necessarily be construed to be an endorsement of the merits of the proposed agreement.

C. The affected membership shall be given the complete changes to a Collective Bargaining Agreement prior to or at the start of the balloting period.

D. A proposed Collective Bargaining Agreement shall be ratified by an affirmative vote by a majority of those active members in good standing covered by the applicable Agreement who return valid ballots. Members may vote only on those agreements which apply to their respective airline(s), unless covered under a master agreement.

E. Balloting:

(1) The sole issue to appear on the secret ballot shall be the ratification of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

(2) The time limit for the return of ratification ballots (the Balloting Date) shall be not less than thirty (30) days after the mailing of the ballots to the respective membership.

F. Any letters of agreement or side letters entered into between an employer and the APFA during or outside of the Collective Bargaining negotiations which alter the rates of pay, rules, or working conditions for covered Flight Attendant employees shall be subject to ratification by the Executive Committee. If the Executive Committee determines that the alteration is substantial, such letter of agreement or side letter shall be submitted for ratification to the membership covered by the applicable Agreement pursuant to the procedures outlined in this Article XI.

G. Upon ratification by the membership, a Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or letters of agreement shall be deemed binding.

----------------
On 4/26/2003 1:54:03 AM flydcoop wrote:

The only thing I would be truly sad about in a furlough is losing my identity and my real fAAmily.

I voted NO for a reason the 1st time...it was not based on furlough, it was based on a contract I simply couldn''t work under.

We''ve been bashed to death on this BB, but no matter what is said, we are the ones that held on to the bitter end. Underfly certainly pushed me to the edge. I could''ve lived with almost everything else (excluding per diem) but that was the nail in the coffin.

It''s so silly that AA would''ve pushed BK regarding underfly. All they had to do from the beginning was listen to us and be willing to negotiate. DC might still have a job if they weren''t so obstinate.

I''m not sad about a 2nd job. I''ve been wanting to get one but 1/1 reserve made it impossible.

I am so tired of posts that tell me to "roll over and take it". If I did that, we would have been stuck with true crap.

Guess what my first choice of a 2nd job is....waitressing ...more $$$.

I find it incredibly funny that so many look down on those who serve you food.

Even Saddam is smarter than that.

Think about it,

Coop

----------------​

Coop,
It''s Junior F/A''s, LIKE YOURSELF ,who refuse to compromise your PRINCIPLE, who refuse to be brainwashed by "lap dog" union leadership, that help make up the "BACKBONE" of your strong, and powerful union.
After some "house cleaning", at your union headquarters, you gals/guys, will again be "At the top of your game" !!

IMHO, you''ll do very well, at what ever you do.

Proud to call you co-worker.

NH/BB''s

----------------
On 4/26/2003 8:31:08 AM TWAnr wrote:

How are they going to get around this?

APFA constitution:

SECTION 1. RATIFICATION PROCESS:

A. A proposed Collective Bargaining Agreement will be submitted to the affected membership for approval only after it has been accepted by a majority vote of the Negotiating Committee and presented to the Executive Committee.

(1) Should the Executive Committee reject a proposed agreement, the Negotiating Committee shall present the proposed agreement to the Board of Directors.

(2) The Board of Directors may decide to submit the proposed agreement to the membership for approval.

B. A decision by the Executive Committee, or the Board of Directors of the APFA, to submit a proposed agreement to the membership for approval should not necessarily be construed to be an endorsement of the merits of the proposed agreement.

C. The affected membership shall be given the complete changes to a Collective Bargaining Agreement prior to or at the start of the balloting period.

D. A proposed Collective Bargaining Agreement shall be ratified by an affirmative vote by a majority of those active members in good standing covered by the applicable Agreement who return valid ballots. Members may vote only on those agreements which apply to their respective airline(s), unless covered under a master agreement.

E. Balloting:

(1) The sole issue to appear on the secret ballot shall be the ratification of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

(2) The time limit for the return of ratification ballots (the Balloting Date) shall be not less than thirty (30) days after the mailing of the ballots to the respective membership.

F. Any letters of agreement or side letters entered into between an employer and the APFA during or outside of the Collective Bargaining negotiations which alter the rates of pay, rules, or working conditions for covered Flight Attendant employees shall be subject to ratification by the Executive Committee. If the Executive Committee determines that the alteration is substantial, such letter of agreement or side letter shall be submitted for ratification to the membership covered by the applicable Agreement pursuant to the procedures outlined in this Article XI.

G. Upon ratification by the membership, a Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or letters of agreement shall be deemed binding.

----------------​

TWAnr;

(My team) --------------------------------- the NY Yankees
(use to have a lovable ol'' catcher named) ----- Yogi Berra
(And he use to have a famous ol'' saying )
(And it was called)

"It ain''t over, till it''s over"

"HMMMM"

NH/BB''s

In reply to "How are they going to get around this?", I am interested to know too. Most rules, regulations, and princiles are set down to avoid abuses. We have a US Constitution that provides certain "inalienable rights" to protect us. If those rights are violated, we may bring charges. APFA has rules and principles to protect the members, yet it ignores its own rules in the "interest" of the members. Of course APFA cannot know its members "interest" because it has prohibited members from expressing them through ballot. To make matters worse, APFA has accepted a contract that voters approved after pressure from the management and certain voting "irregularities." One might ask, who is sticking up for the rights of the members? It does not appear to be APFA.

Hey,

AAStew, I didn''t take that as preaching at all. I''ve been wanting to get a 2nd job for sometime. With the new AVBL, you have to fly your entire sked before you can pick up. The only reason I made my guarantee this month is going on Makeup on my D/O...too stressful! I prefer a Vacation Replacement sked but AVBL is all I can hold.

NH/BB - I think many junior people voted yes because of furlough fear. I think MIA domestic may have been a big "NO". In the end (and we''ll see what happens with Sherry Cooper''s lawsuit...no relation BTW), we scrapped and hopefully, underfly will be gone.

take care,

Coop

----------------
On 4/26/2003 10:31:47 AM flydcoop wrote:

I think MIA domestic may have been a big "NO".

----------------​
Not quite.

Round I:

IMA 561 Yes; 860 No
MIA 587 Yes; 642 No

Round II:

IMA 655 Yes; 855 No
MIA 681 Yes; 636 No

I am not a lawyer, but it appears to me that APFA has violated several laws pertaining to DFR, right to vote, etc., in this latest fiasco. It appears that $190 million of the T/A are directly connected to TWA LLC F/As. What could be the remedy? I do not know. Can you imagine APFA having to pay two months furlough pay for 1800 F/As? Probably not, but stranger things have happened.