It's Official - CEL pilots get Airbus!

These idiots on here complain about EVERYTHING. To have some fun just post any topic and some debbie downer or crybaby craig will be pouring there hate all over it.

Thats because they're USAir employees. They were born pissed off at the world. Nothing will get them to change.

What would be the likelihood of people in the AWA pool being called for the next round of recalls?

Interesting question....

I know they were planning on calling the AWA poolies to fill 190 positions once they ran out of APL pilots. I would assume they would give them a shot at Group II as well. I'll ask this question around and will let you know if I find out anything...

What in the world are you talking about???????!

They got a mainline job without interviewing and more importantly they jumped ahead of everybody else on the CEL list by getting into MDA before the door slammed shut. It was a risk but it paid off...

A mainline job? You are calling US Airways a Mainline Job and operation! Lovely, Just Lovely! wink wink!!

CEL pilot = Combined Eligibility List pilot. A pilot that was at one of the wholly-owned (PSA, PDT) who took a job at MidAtlantic. As I recall (and someone correct me if I'm not), MidAtlantic pilot jobs were first offered to furloughed mainline pilots, then to CEL pilots. Those who got a spot at MidAtlantic automatically went on the mainline (East) seniority list. Because of the timeframe within which this happened, they are the bottom pilots on the East seniority list.

CEL pilot = Combined Eligibility List pilot. A pilot that was at one of the wholly-owned (PSA, PDT) who took a job at MidAtlantic. As I recall (and someone correct me if I'm not), MidAtlantic pilot jobs were first offered to furloughed mainline pilots, then to CEL pilots. Those who got a spot at MidAtlantic automatically went on the mainline (East) seniority list. Because of the timeframe within which this happened, they are the bottom pilots on the East seniority list.

Jim, thank you a response that doesn't include the word idiot.

Every one doesn't know everything.

Except of course for Elise and CyberEtops.

Jim, thank you a response that doesn't include the word idiot.
My pleasure, and I'll add one small correction. Because MidAtlantic began ops well before Piedmont and Allegheny were merged, I should have included Allegheny in the list of wholly-owned pilots that were included on the CEL.

Jim

My pleasure, and I'll add one small correction. Because MidAtlantic began ops well before Piedmont and Allegheny were merged, I should have included Allegheny in the list of wholly-owned pilots that were included on the CEL.

Jim

Actually, not quite correct, but close...:)

While MDA did start before the ALG/PDT merger, by the time they got to the CEL pilots, the merger happened. The first MDA class with CEL pilots was July 5th, 2004. The ALG/PDT merger became official July 1st, 2004. Most of the CEL pilots that went to MDA were from ALG, but technacally EVERY CEL pilot that went to MDA came from PDT. (No PSA pilots went).

What would be the likelihood of people in the AWA pool being called for the next round of recalls?
A chief pilot told us that the former AWA poolies were contacted by phone and that 39 of them said they'd accept a class date if offered. He also said they could be in class soon.

A chief pilot told us that the former AWA poolies were contacted by phone and that 39 of them said they'd accept a class date if offered. He also said they could be in class soon.

I thought there were only 39 total in the pool...

100% acceptance rate? Wow...

Most of the CEL pilots were from Allegheny, some from Piedmont, and I want to say that there was just one from PSA. Great group of guys and gals, actually, all of the MDA pilots were awesome. A real "stick together as a crew" mentality, and hanging out on layovers and such. It was US Airways except fun.

It was US Airways except fun.

Fun!!! Man I miss that word!!

Can we bring 'FUN' back? I miss 'FUN' at work!

EMBFA.... You know what? I am gonna take 'FUN' with me to work today!!

Thanks for reminding me about it!! :)

Latest posts