It's Official - CEL pilots get Airbus!

Most of the CEL pilots were from Allegheny, some from Piedmont, and I want to say that there was just one from PSA.

While most were from ALG, technically ALG didn't exist when the first MDA class with CEL pilots was held. All were from PDT. There were no PSA pilots that went to MDA. You may have run into a MDA pilot that was at PSA, but they would have been an original APL that went to PSA under J4J. They were not a CEL PSA pilot...

Gotcha, that makes sense. He was an F/O and Scandinavian?

Hope to fly with all of them soon!

While most were from ALG, technically ALG didn't exist when the first MDA class with CEL pilots was held. All were from PDT. There were no PSA pilots that went to MDA. You may have run into a MDA pilot that was at PSA, but they would have been an original APL that went to PSA under J4J. They were not a CEL PSA pilot...

The fact that I understand what all of that means surely suggests that I really need to get out more often. :p

I thought there were only 39 total in the pool...

100% acceptance rate? Wow...

I think there was 39 in the pool, and 28 accepted. At least that is what I heard.

Are they placing everyone on the east coast at the present time, or is there west coast as well?

Thanks in advance!

A mainline job? You are calling US Airways a Mainline Job and operation! Lovely, Just Lovely! wink wink!!

I'm not sure what else to call it? Considering the fact that our route structure spans Hawaii to Athens I don't think a regional would be the right term. Maybe we should coin a new term?

I do understand your bitterness though. You CEL pilots sure got the shaft. Dash 8 to 170 fo, to Republic Captain to recall into 320/757/A330 all without an interview. And to top it all off you don't start out at top of scale rates on mainline. The horror....

I'm not sure what else to call it? Considering the fact that our route structure spans Hawaii to Athens I don't think a regional would be the right term. Maybe we should coin a new term?

I do understand your bitterness though. You CEL pilots sure got the shaft. Dash 8 to 170 fo, to Republic Captain to recall into 320/757/A330 all without an interview. And to top it all off you don't start out at top of scale rates on mainline. The horror....
Well since you seem to be really ticked off that those guys were not asked the "drunk captain" question, rest assured they had a two year interview on operational items. And yes pilots that worked for years at a company should be compensated for it!

And yes pilots that worked for years at a company should be compensated for it!

My thoughts exactly! Back in the day, much of the mainlines profit sharing was from the blood and sweet of the WO'ed!!

But anyone!!! Jeez, thanks for the job!