Just My Thoughts

firstamendment

Veteran
Apr 1, 2003
Visit site
Hello friends at AWA,

I have been quiet on all the boards as I have hated the negativity I have seen. I am here because I hope to correct certain misconceptions. If my spelling goes south, blame it on the gin/tonic.

As a US employee, I would like to say that I and many others are not looking to conquer the world. We just want a job in an industry that we love. We want a competent management team with vision and one that is OF this industry instead of bean counters.

We do NOT want you to feel like we are calling the shots. You can call us whatever you want. We have been sooooo beaten down that we really could give a damn. I have 18 years and I just want to have a prosperous career...no more, no less. I and most of my peers realize we must change. Those living in the past are leaving by the hundreds. We DO respect you guys and want you to feel a complete part of what could be a great airline. Whether named US Airways or Bunf**k Airways, we DO NOT care. Most of us are ok with fences and taking it slow. DO NOT let a few paint us as the airline employees looking to conquer the world. We CAN make this happen.

You are strong, yet weak. We are weak, and believe me...nobody will be happier to shut down the Crystal City Offices than me, but we know you have a good team and want to work WITH you, not against you.

If we implode, then swa wins. They want us to choke. Why not prove them wrong. As cheesy as it may sound, we need each other.

We will all know soon. Good luck