LOOKY LOOKY

LavMan

Veteran
Feb 12, 2003
I think someone has wrong information!

"They could do the aircraft overhauls in Indianapolis, but not locate a hub there," he said. Overhauls are performed roughly every three months. Hubs are the airports through which carriers funnel connecting flights. "

Since when does any aircraft get overhauled every three months?

The 737s get an annual "C"Check and a every three years they get a "Q" check.
The 757, 767 and A330 get an annual HMV visit.
The A320 Family gets annual "C" Checks and once every five years an "S" Check.

I hope they check their sources before they write about this issue.

I beleive that it means that about ebery three months another plane gets overhauled/heavy check. All part 121 heavy maintenance is driven by hours and cycles accumulated on the aircraft. Overhau; every three months!! there would be quite the shortage of technicians and nobody would be laying off!!

Wrong again W/O the c-check on the 737s last one week, the airbus c-check is one week, the 757, 767 and A330 HMV is seven to 14 days, the 737 Q check is 28 days and the Airbus S-check is 30 days. No airplane sits in the hangar for 90 days that we have unless it has some serious corrosion problems.

It is a constant flow, once a plane is finished another one comes right in.

And all our repair stations are 145 certified plus 121.

Lavman, the older and more extensive a heavy check the longer it takes. I don''t beleive that a/c get checked every three months, especially since I have been in maintenance for over two decades. And there are some heavy checks that operators do not want to do as they become too costly compared to newer aircraft. There are many things changing per the manufactures and the FAA that drive heavy checks, changes in the MRB, FARs, special ADs that all have effects on time in rework, some checks are done in phases some not. Not disputing, there are just too many variables involved. I do enjoy your posts.

I was just providing the "norm" time frame for overhaul, there are always variences but on the norm our AMTs do a hell of a job and get the planes out on time or early.

----------------
On 4/26/2003 3:22:02 PM LavMan wrote:

Wrong again W/O the c-check on the 737s last one week, the airbus c-check is one week, the 757, 767 and A330 HMV is seven to 14 days, the 737 Q check is 28 days and the Airbus S-check is 30 days. No airplane sits in the hangar for 90 days that we have unless it has some serious corrosion problems.

It is a constant flow, once a plane is finished another one comes right in.

And all our repair stations are 145 certified plus 121.
LAVMAN:dave sold the 145 repair station license.....during BK 145 went by yhe wayside...check on it .​

You cant sell a 145 certificate, each and every repair facility has to be ceritifed by the FAA, you don''t "own" the certificate, it is earned from the FAA.