"New" Improved Galley Packouts

The passengers will just have to get used to having powdered creamer..this is a low cost carrier...if they complain, say I am sorry, the company has gone to powder creamer to provide you with a lower fare.

I'm not sure I would have posted that sentence here. The has been a lot of discussion on the forum that LCC does not equal LFC (low fare carrier). East has a lot of high price short hauls unlike fares in the west.

A low fare carrier we certainly are not. I would NEVER use that line with a passenger anyway. How do we know that the passenger complaining about powdered creamer (generic at that) didn't just purchase a walkup ticket for $800.00? As for the setup mods you suggested like lining drawers with napkins and cutting the tops off of air sickness bags.....WHY? Why should we have to do this and TRY to accomplish setting that wacky cart up in three minutes? What was wrong with the old cart toppers we had made up that you just set on top and out you went? I don't care much about what is IN the cart. It is how the cart works on top with ice in the top drawers. Also, why do other airlines seem to do fine with it? On top of all the BS involved with this cart it just looks an absolute MESS! ! ! ! I say back to the drawing board.

I think the reality is US is now, more then EVER a true LCC. Its evident in so many moves Tempe is making. Examples are removal of seats in Envoy, the tacky inflight magazine, seat pitch on the reconfigured airbuses, the list goes on and on. Tempe management is young, lots are very inexperienced, and are some of the lowest paid in the industry. They are follwing the HP model of NO frills, yet HIGH FARES- go figure. My question is why would anyone fly US anymore? I'm retired and I fly Jet Blue- great service, and lots of amenities are always being added. I am looking forward to the start of Virgin America- i hear they have some wonderful service plans in the works. Its really too bad, US had the opportunity to FINALLY rid itself of the horrible reputation and now all they are doing is making it WORSE!! Very Sad :( :( :(
I wish only the hest for US employees, they are some of the best in the industry. Here's to hoping the customers express their displeasure with management. Cockroaches where are u?!!!
There is a significant difference betweem Low Cost Carriers and Low Class Carriers. ;)

Ok now, back on subject....

I have been off most of the first part of the month and finally flew a trip after the new packout has been established.

The packout rocks!! If everyone does as asked with this, they will find this system easy. The ONLY lifting one has to do is to put the ice bucket on top. The ice bucket thing is NOT nasty. and if done right is actaually easier than anything we have had. I keep hearing about all this lifting. Let's walk through it...

CLT-CUN-CLT

One serving cart with plenty of soda's and juices. Beer and wine were iced down with equal amts of all and spirits on each side. NO LIFTING!! As per the diagram, we took one of each item off the first carrier to put the condiments on each side. Again, NO LIFTING!! Our new big ice bucket did not have the ice poured in it...which we did on today's flt...but that was ok. We placed the lined bucket on the top and placed three bags of ice upright on one side and two waters on the other side AND there was room for the much loved party cups. The rest of the water was placed in the wine/beer bucket. Again, NO LIFTING!! It was lunch time so we only put one coffee pot (with new covers) on the top. I had room for my snack mix as the other fella had the coffee and coffee cups and he placed his snack mix where the diagram showed. Again, no problems. We serve a cup only in the party cups and all were happy. We restocked only what we needed from the supplemental cart that didn't involve lifting. Coming back was the same routine except there was no restocking. What was so hard about that?

Finally, someone got it right!! Thanks!! :up: :up:

<SNIP> The days of liquid creamers are of the past....get over it...if you get them on an occassion enjoy them. The passengers will just have to get used to having powdered creamer..this is a low cost carrier...if they complain, say I am sorry, the company has gone to powder creamer to provide you with a lower fare.
LCC = Low Cost Creamer.

LCC#1

See how easy it is to do?? All the complaining is because they are afraid of change. Once they get over that hurdle you will see more smiling faces!

Glad you like the party cups! They are more generous and you can get two cups out of one can of product. Unless they request "NO ICE" then you use most of the full can.

Rock on LCC#1 :up:

See how easy it is to do?? All the complaining is because they are afraid of change. Once they get over that hurdle you will see more smiling faces!

sky high states: No one's afraid of change on the EAST Side, Jett. That's ridiculous. What's ridiculous IS that you NO LONGER pull out the topper with ALL THE ITEMS YOU NEED FOR THE service, place coffee and pretzels on top then GO.
The "new" way is LABOR INTENSIVE and it requires SEARCHING for all these items throughout the galley, placing them on the top SOMEHOW, remvoing cans of juice for your sugars/creamers..finding room for your napkins.....putting your party cups on the side of the ice bin, draping your pretzels on the side, etc...etc

<FAKE SMILE>

Only stating opinions.

Ok LCC thanks very much for positive feedback on the new packout. I have really thought about this after looking at the picture of the setup thought not the greatest on the hub. If we have the suplimental cart in the galley with all the additional soda/juices why can we NOT put the ice in top drawers on the cart to free the top of the cart for an atlas drawer like we previously did. If you need more soda/juice you can easily get more from the back. I don't know why the idea of having the atlas carrier hold all the cups/napkins and bucket with cream/sugar/etc had to go. It just seems stupid. I don't think we have a problem with change but a problem with unnecessary change.

The packout rocks!! If everyone does as asked with this, they will find this system easy. The ONLY lifting one has to do is to put the ice bucket on top. The ice bucket thing is NOT nasty. and if done right is actaually easier than anything we have had.

OK.....I do have to say that I do like the cart much better this way.....It was driving me absolutley crazy pulling the drawers in and out over and over when we used to have the ice inside the cart! It was MADDENING when the drawers were always getting stuck or just falling down it was enough to make any F/A run down the aisle screaming! We tried one little variation to the setup.....we put the ice bucket on top with 2 trash bags full of ice inside....then we placed 2 sleeves of party cups and 1 sleeve of styro on the bottom side of the ice bucket resting on the cart.....we stacked each sleeve of cups with enough to get through most/all of the cabin. By placing the sleeves of cups in the bucket next to the ice bags they were secure and it also gave us more space on top of the cart for water, coffee, snack mix, and extra cans of soda and juice we took out of the top drawers to put cups of the condiments in. With a little tweaking during the setup it works nicely. Oh by the way, the party cups are a lot nicer than those shot glasses we used to have! :up:

The hub says that there will be a new 12oz glass for ALL soon. I don't mind the bigger cup. I got use to it but they DO look generic. Cups you'd buy from the dollar store for a kids birthday party. I think it will all iron itself out but my god this is taking this long for the airbus? We have the 757 and 737 that are different. Can't keep them seperate forever can we. :lol:

The party cups are generic but they are soo much better than the old ones....at least now we can move the cart without having to refill those little cups after somebody took a couple of sips out of it! I'm hoping there is going to be at least a logo on the finished cups.

Yeah I didn't care for the cup at first but the grew on me. I liked the size. Hopefully a logo. Oh my, they'll probably advertise on the cup too. Hey, why not Coke.

Ok LCC thanks very much for positive feedback on the new packout. I have really thought about this after looking at the picture of the setup thought not the greatest on the hub. If we have the suplimental cart in the galley with all the additional soda/juices why can we NOT put the ice in top drawers on the cart to free the top of the cart for an atlas drawer like we previously did. If you need more soda/juice you can easily get more from the back. I don't know why the idea of having the atlas carrier hold all the cups/napkins and bucket with cream/sugar/etc had to go. It just seems stupid. I don't think we have a problem with change but a problem with unnecessary change.

With 4 useless carriers on top, there is room to return items once place on the topper. Gee, TP, if the toppers were sanitary and ready for the next crew, you would have me on your side on his one, but those toppers were always filthy, unorganized, and just a big mess. One of the coordinators brought up a good point...you can use the supplementle during breakfast as you don't need all the beer wine, and liquor. I like the ice on top. I only have to open the drawer once instead of openning and closing for ice. Sounds silly, but takes time off.

I am sure the East passengers are enjoying the party cups?? Who needs a logo on them...your only going to throw them out. And since some of you only provide one service in a 4hr flight with the shot glass cups...the passengers will now get half a can of soda instead of the swallow you allowed them in the past.

I noticed the pic in the inflight newsletter showing the snacks hanging off on the outside of the cart...if you lay them flat ontop of each drawer you will have less trips to the aft galley to get more. You can get one bag in your apron pocket, or fill your pocket with tidbits...and napkins in your other pocket..it works fine.

And like LCC said, on morning flights, you remove the beer drawer and replace it with a juice drawer. You will have extra product to use if needed, and not have to be running back and forth when you run out. You can also put an extra soda drawer on top, take a can out and put your party cups on one corner, and take out another can to put your water bottle in. There are many ways to tweak it without having to spend lengthy time doing it.

Come fly with me, I will show you tricks to do the service and not put alot of effort into it.

You will all get acustomed to this set up..and see how easy it actually is. Think about it..how many times did you open your ice drawer..to have to slide it back in then slide it open to serve...(I am sure your carpal tunnel syndrome is not acting as bad now??)

Happy Holidays!

I am sure the East passengers are enjoying the party cups?? And since some of you only provide one service in a 4hr flight with the shot glass cups...the passengers will now get half a can of soda instead of the swallow you allowed them in the past.
Come fly with me, I will show you tricks to do the service and not put alot of effort into it.

sky high states: Interesting, in your remarks about the creamers, you mentioned that the passengers would have to just "get over it". The savings is passed on the them. Ok, fair enough. But, you seem to think the East Side cups have a negative impact on the beverage service. The East side used to serve the WHOLE CAN and have LARGER CUPS as well. By going to these (current)cups, the company saved OVER 10 MILLION DOLLARS per year. So, where's the rationale? Increase your beverage bill, but piss off your coffee drinkers with dry creamers. Coffee drinkers demand preferred ingredients now. That's Starbuck's success.

What's hard to swallow is the dry chemicals floating in my coffee now.

only stating opinions.

Back