New NonRev policy annouced

jimntx said:
The quote function does not work for me...

To the person who posted the question about buddy passes traveling at the same priority as employees when traveling together.  No.  D1s goes ahead of D2s who go ahead of D3s and all other non-rev types--such as OAL employees, etc.  The only discrepancy is D1Ts (through passengers) go ahead of D1s, etc.  However, D2Ts go ahead of D2s, but not D1s. 

D1T, D1, D2T, D2, D3T, D3, etc. in that order.  It's a simple system with a minimum of codes to have to keep track of.

If an employee is flying to  an immediate family funeral, he/she travels on a bereavement code,  I think it is something like A6.  "A" category is supposed to be a must ride.  Other than when I am deadheading to/from a flight, I've never traveled A category except when I was flown to DFW to interview for the job; so, I can't say for sure.  I know that for us flight attendants if traveling A3D (deadheading from a work assignment), it's a must ride, but not necessarily a must ride in a cabin seat.  The agents can make us take an available jumpseat.

Have you tried doing it "longhand"?  Start with the left-bracket [ then the word quote, and then the right bracket]   When the quote is done, again place a left bracket, then a slash / then the right bracket.  That should close the quote, and the system will put anything between those two quote-words in a "Quote Box."

Then, make your comments past the second quote box.  Or, you can put them before, and then build the quote box.

Oh, that's the way I used to always do it, but for some reason or another I can't cut and paste (using CTRL-C and CTRL-V) either.  These functions work fine everywhere, except on AirlineForums.com.  There is some setting on my computer that is now blocking these functions on this website.  I sent a query to the moderators, but got no reply.

John John, go back and read my whole post.  The time zone you are in does not matter when it comes to checking in.  If the flight leaves Dallas (Central Time) at 1300, and you are on Eastern Time, then your 24-hour window is 1400 today (1300 in Dallas) until departure time in Dallas tomorrow.  What is difficult to understand?  Your 1400 is the exact same moment in time as 1300 to anyone in the Central Time Zone or 1100 to someone on the West Coast.  We are ALL checking in at the same time.

jimntx said:
John John, go back and read my whole post.  The time zone you are in does not matter when it comes to checking in.  If the flight leaves Dallas (Central Time) at 1300, and you are on Eastern Time, then your 24-hour window is 1400 today (1300 in Dallas) until departure time in Dallas tomorrow.  What is difficult to understand?  Your 1400 is the exact same moment in time as 1300 to anyone in the Central Time Zone or 1100 to someone on the West Coast.  We are ALL checking in at the same time.

Actually there can be an advantage for through passengers, if your originating flight leaves prior to anothers originating flight, and you both check in at the 24 hour mark.  The person with the earliest time stamp would be first.  There is a however a rule to prevent someone from a hub flying to an outstation for an earlier time stamp and to get through status on their "desired" flight.  The time stamps are recoded to the time zone of the departing flight.

The issue of pass travel is THE single biggest concern for US pilots and F/As simply because over half commute. And before anyone says "Well you choose to commute..." the reality is, that is just the way it is and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

I don't know of anyone who is trying to scam the system. We are all just trying to understand the system so the uncertainty of pass travel can be more manageable. It is in the new American's best interest to allow pilots and f/as' to be able to get to work as hassle free as possible.

johnny kat said:
The issue of pass travel is THE single biggest concern for US pilots and F/As simply because over half commute. And before anyone says "Well you choose to commute..." the reality is, that is just the way it is and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

I don't know of anyone who is trying to scam the system. We are all just trying to understand the system so the uncertainty of pass travel can be more manageable. It is in the new American's best interest to allow pilots and f/as' to be able to get to work as hassle free as possible.
I think there is much more certainty with the FCFS system, once you are checked in no one can get ahead of you on the list unless they are burning a D1 pass.  With the seniority based system, someone senior to you by one day, could walk up to your flight, and get put on the list ahead of you without any warning.  There are a great many tools for you to know how many people are trying to standby for your flight and what status they will be D1T, D1, D2T, D2, D2RT, D2R, D2PT, D2P,  D3T, D3, and so on.  About the only way someone can pop up ahead of you on the standby list, are those that are rolled over from other flights that they did not make.

The big issue is seniority, I know that most from the US side of things are pretty senior, so are many of the AA employees, the former HP are the ones that are relatively junior as a group.  Overall though, there are probably more junior employees with US Airways group, as US has hired more over the last 10 years than AA.

Sure seems like US didn't get much out of the new pass policy. And how much will the upgrade fees be?. I sure hope they throw the east a bone and make them cheaper then our 20 one way domestic and 100 to Europe.
Also have the east FAs filed a grievance yet I heard pass travel by Senority is in there contract

flyer63 said:
Sure seems like US didn't get much out of the new pass policy. And how much will the upgrade fees be?. I sure hope they throw the east a bone and make them cheaper then our 20 one way domestic and 100 to Europe.
Also have the east FAs filed a grievance yet I heard pass travel by Senority is in there contract
It is in a few US contracts

No, it's not the companies concern how an employee gets to work. It is the employees responsibility to get to work , just like any other company or industry. If said employee has trouble showing up for work they either make changes or they get replaced by someone who can make it to work.

I swear I remember Doug telling us that retirees were bumped down to SA4P, was because he says active employees should always have priority. If this is the case, why are family members without the employees now going to be the same status as an active employee. I wonder what changed his mind? 

hp-csr-phx said:
I swear I remember Doug telling us that retirees were bumped down to SA4P, was because he says active employees should always have priority. If this is the case, why are family members without the employees now going to be the same status as an active employee. I wonder what changed his mind? 

Employees should go ahead of all family members.

What's more important, commutting to work or your kid going on vacation?  

I agree. Also it seems strange that your buddy pass rider has a different priority even when traveling with the employee. It seems it would really be hard to plan a trip with a friend.

traderjake said:

Employees should go ahead of all family members.

What's more important, commutting to work or your kid going on vacation?  

I agree.  I posted this concern on the AA forum today and got some hasty responds from some peeps.

jimntx said:
So you are saying that if two NRSA check-in 24hr before departure one in LAX CLT FLL –VS- and one in PIT-CLT-FLL
The time stamp for the connecting flight for the Non-Rev in LAX is not before the PIT even thought the LAX Non Rev check-in in LAX 4hr earlier. Not trying to argue just trying to figure out your FCFS and its cluster format
Doesn’t the time stamp follow you to your connection flight?

john john said:
So you are saying that if two NRSA check-in 24hr before departure one in LAX CLT FLL –VS- and one in PIT-CLT-FLL
The time stamp for the connecting flight for the Non-Rev in LAX is not before the PIT even thought the LAX Non Rev check-in in LAX 4hr earlier. Not trying to argue just trying to figure out your FCFS and its cluster format
Doesn’t the time stamp follow you to your connection flight?
No, I'm pretty sure that jimntx is talking about a question of checking in for the exact same flight from different parts of the globe.   Clearly, if you check in for a connecting flight like LAX-CLT that departs hours before someone else's PIT-CLT flight, and if connecting passengers are given priority over those originating in that hub, then yes, the LAX-CLT-FLL passenger will have priority over the PIT-CLT-FLL passenger.   

Latest posts

Back