New NonRev policy annouced

Bogey said:
Good luck with that. I don't see the AA pilots giving up date of hire for the jump seat.

American Airlines Jumpseat Policy and Procedures vs. US Airways
The Jumpseat Committee has been meeting with the APA Jumpseat Committee to discuss the merits of both company’s policies and procedures for cockpit jumpseat. American’s policy allows for a pilot to travel in the cockpit jumpseat when no seats are available in the cabin. The seat is assigned on a seniority basis and the pilot can still be bumped by a dead heading crewmember, or by a flight that’s weight restricted. American’s procedure requires that all pilots begin their commute on the first flight of the day with hopes they will make their domicile in time for check-in. American has nothing in their contract regarding jumpseat. If you are a commuter, you are already aware of the value of having the ability to reserve the cockpit jumpseat. The IVR system is a benefit to both the pilot group and the Company. Knowing how you are getting to and from work seven days in advance reduces stress and fatigue, as well as benefits the Company by reducing the number of pilots that are unable to commute. Equally important is the fact that you can’t be “bumped” on a weight restricted flight or by dead heading crewmembers. After much discussion, the APA Jumpseat Committee has agreed that a first-come, first-serve reservation type system would be the best choice the New American. Their only concern of the system is the fact that some American pilots might feel slighted if pilots with less seniority get on before them. Therefore, if you have friends and acquaintances that are American pilots, be sure to explain to them the benefit of reserving the cockpit jumpseat.

flyboeing737 said:
American Airlines Jumpseat Policy and Procedures vs. US Airways The Jumpseat Committee has been meeting with the APA Jumpseat Committee to discuss the merits of both company’s policies and procedures for cockpit jumpseat. American’s policy allows for a pilot to travel in the cockpit jumpseat when no seats are available in the cabin. The seat is assigned on a seniority basis and the pilot can still be bumped by a dead heading crewmember, or by a flight that’s weight restricted. American’s procedure requires that all pilots begin their commute on the first flight of the day with hopes they will make their domicile in time for check-in. American has nothing in their contract regarding jumpseat. If you are a commuter, you are already aware of the value of having the ability to reserve the cockpit jumpseat. The IVR system is a benefit to both the pilot group and the Company. Knowing how you are getting to and from work seven days in advance reduces stress and fatigue, as well as benefits the Company by reducing the number of pilots that are unable to commute. Equally important is the fact that you can’t be “bumped” on a weight restricted flight or by dead heading crewmembers. After much discussion, the APA Jumpseat Committee has agreed that a first-come, first-serve reservation type system would be the best choice the New American. Their only concern of the system is the fact that some American pilots might feel slighted if pilots with less seniority get on before them. Therefore, if you have friends and acquaintances that are American pilots, be sure to explain to them the benefit of reserving the cockpit jumpseat.
Knock me over with a feather. I wonder if the rank and file AA pilots know this yet.

This is bull , why is everything being done the AA  way ? Aren't they the losers who lost 10 billion in the past 10 years ? The US employees are being treated like dirt , they want to get rid of us, In this business all you really have is your seniority and they are taking that away from us , the war has just begun !

If your seniority is all you have, you need to get a life. I can't believe this. We are getting a tremendous benefit and all some people do is btch about how it is run.

nycbusdriver said:
Which is exactly how AA prioritizes standby cockpit jumpseats.

I understand that the company philosophy in this merger is "adopt and go" using the procedures in effect for the majority.   And I agree that it makes sense.  So, then, FCFS for pass riding is it.

I look forward to the new "adopt and go" DOH jumpseat policy, though.
What? No Nicolau jumpseat?

jimntx said:
To Mike33:  Why would you not be able to use the kiosk unless there wasn't one available at that location?  .
When i have tried to use the Kiosk after web-chk it wouldn't let me do it. It says ur already checked in proceed to gate. The agent had to print me another boarding card to get thru security because i didn't have a printer at home to print one

bunt3dunk said:
This is bull , why is everything being done the AA  way ? Aren't they the losers who lost 10 billion in the past 10 years ? The US employees are being treated like dirt , they want to get rid of us, In this business all you really have is your seniority and they are taking that away from us , the war has just begun !

What a jerk.

You just went from working for the smallest and weakest airline to the largest.

MEM78 said:
Another slap in the face to senior employees! Now I have to drag my tired ass out of bed in the middle of the night and sit in front of the computer to be sure I get my "rightful" place at the front of the line. Just so "junior" can be sure he gets to ride.
. You can list yourself upto 24 hrs before your departure time. AA made this change a while back so we do not have to get out of bed at 5 in the morning. So your good to go and get your beauty rest.

bunt3dunk said:
If you had some time you would complain , none of us wanted to merge with these bunch of losers !
\
many at AA did not any part of usair either. We are stuck with each other. We have to learn how to live with each other for now. HELLO NEIGHBOR........

bunt3dunk said:
If you had some time you would complain , none of us wanted to merge with these bunch of losers !
\
Welcome to the "New American" buddy...can't say I look forward to working with you!

Latest posts

Back