NEW UNIFORM FABRIC

humbled2005

Aug 30, 2007
Hi all

Has anyone experience an allergic reaction to the uniforms, particularly the pants and skirts, my wasteline broke out very bad that i had to go to my dr...i spoke to the uniform committee and they are trying to get a different kind of uniform...i personally think its the type of wool that it was made out of.....i heard a lot of people of having problems the fabric. So i had to come off my trips until i can get another uniform so you can imagine what my pay will look like

please post your experience..

thanks

Hi all

Has anyone experience an allergic reaction to the uniforms, particularly the pants and skirts, my wasteline broke out very bad that i had to go to my dr...i spoke to the uniform committee and they are trying to get a different kind of uniform...i personally think its the type of wool that it was made out of.....i heard a lot of people of having problems the fabric. So i had to come off my trips until i can get another uniform so you can imagine what my pay will look like

please post your experience..

thanks

Aiming for that work comp claim, eh? :rolleyes:

That's uncalled for and yes I've experienced itching with the fabric. I chalked it up to my sensitive skin, tried switching detergents etc...It never occured to me that it could possibly be an allergic rxn to the fabric.
That was rude . . . . I know a handful of people that have had the same problem with theirs. This uniform thing has kind of been a FAIL too hasnt it?

I think they look great, can't speak to comfort or wear.
I always do a double take on the blue dress or skirt with white shirt and scarf, thinking "what airline is that".

Aiming for that work comp claim, eh? :rolleyes:
Unlike some people, who thinks there is an alterior motive I never even considered workmens comp ...i did not say anything about getting hurt on the job my question was has anyone experienced the same thing. I had to come off my trip which i am upset because i need to work. So please dont make suggestions or rude comments that doesn't apply to the issue....I wish the moderator would delete your comment because you make absolute no sense with such an insensitive comment. I am actually in pain and agony and trying to find answers.

Welcome to the board.

Sorry your uniform has decided to eat you alive. It gets itchy with me too when I'm at a location that's hot and humid. Which is just about everywhere now.

Keeping my shirts tucked helps. Take some Benadryl and Advil for the itch. Cortisone creams work well on any raw spots.

Good luck.

:D

Humbled, I'm sorry we have some "disrespectful people" I can't even cuss anymore thanks Moderators!

Now...we know YV looks cute in the uniform but itchy as hell yes...even the zip sweater is already fraying on me and I only wore it what...let's see...a month now on 4 different trips sheesh...

Is this an normal wear & tear thing or is it just a defective piece of crap wooly mammoth sweater?

Oh and Hello from PHL.

Now...we know YV looks cute in the uniform but itchy as hell yes...even the zip sweater is already fraying on me and I only wore it what...let's see...a month now on 4 different trips sheesh...

:blink: Oh, I was going to say something but I was distracted by how big my manhood is.
Wait? I'm not a man..I dont have a manhood and it's certainly not itchy......Oh my gosh did I just accidentally stay on topic?

:blink: Oh, I was going to say something but I was distracted by how big my manhood is.
Wait? I'm not a man..I dont have a manhood and it's certainly not itchy......Oh my gosh did I just accidentally stay on topic?

I think you did!

I hope they decide to go synthetic, and with higher-quality materials. The pants are uncomfortable as sin (whose big idea was it to have the lining? It's pointless), and everything but the sweater, blazer, and zip jacket wrinkle faster than tissue paper in a child's hand! At least some of the old pieces (Van Heusen Aviator shirt) have wrinkle-free fabric (and they were comfortable for me, when I used it for the first 8 months of my fantasy airline career--which I bought at a pilot shop, of all places). :ph34r:

It's about time they did changes in the fabric.

And I wore that "woolly mammoth" once. And I hated it. Too itchy. My sleeves were red after a day of working with it. :down:

Latest posts